Thaksin And Potjaman Divorce In Hong Kong

george

I thought Lydia's family is from Chiang Mai and her parents are good friends of Thaksin. And didn't he once jokingly say that he wished she would marry his son? Which is why he treats her like a future daughter-in-law.

Nah, too simple for the PAD crowd. He's banging her and got her in the club. Yeah, right.

And how many times have we read on this forum about farangs being given dirty looks when they are out with their Thai wife's teenage daughter? The usual response is that these farangs should get their minds out of the gutter.

Was that before or after he discovered his son bats for the other side? At which point he probably thought shame to see such youth and beauty go to waste on Nong Oak and got Lydia up the duff behind the clubhouse by all accounts! In all the excitement he must have left his covers at home and hooked into the rough with his trusty mashie niblick, before anyone could yell "Fore!". :D

No wonder Pokemon's seeing red these days, not helped by the discovery that Maew owned the pale blues. The poor old dear was always under the impression she was a shareholder in Man Utd, until he sold out for a karaoke song (Squeeze's "Up the Junction") to the Sheikh. :o

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She certainly appears much less chummy with little Oak and then she does with big Daddy...
LydiaandOak.jpg

Lydia and Oak...

Saranrat-Wisutthithada-lydia-pictur.jpg

Probably centers on putter size and ball selection...

29.jpg

27.jpg

"Anyone up for a round with me?"

More likely centered (I suspect the relationship is now over) on wallet size and credit card selection John. And talking of worthless cards these days, now the Mrs has done a runner with the family fortune. Bet Maew wished he'd fingered a few of those Elite Cards he tried to sell to the dumb foreigners, as they could've been a godsend for slipping in the country straight through the VIP lane without too many checks. Could've been the best million baht he never spent. Oooooohhhhh, I'm getting all emotional about the amazing Elite Scheme he dreamt up all by himself..........those were the days, eh? :o

I thought Lydia's family is from Chiang Mai and her parents are good friends of Thaksin. And didn't he once jokingly say that he wished she would marry his son? Which is why he treats her like a future daughter-in-law.

Nah, too simple for the PAD crowd. He's banging her and got her in the club. Yeah, right.

Gosh, maybe Nong Oak will marry Lydia, and then his step-son would also be his half-brother! (Or, substitute step-daughter/half-sister.)

Thaksin and Potjaman divorce in Hong Kong

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is reported to have divorced his wife Khunying Potjaman, in a move that has shocked many of the couple's friends and colleagues.

Do you think Lydia involve in this matter?

Lydia is a pop singer.

She once said she loves the Shinawatra family in the first issue od Dailyxpress ( dailyxpress.net )

insidepix1-1.jpg

Lydia Sarunrat Visutthithada

The New Straits Times

Thaksin's friend a no-show

KUALA LUMPUR: When news that Thai R&B sensation Lydia Sarunrat Visutthithada was in town, there was a big buzz.

The 21-year-old singer was to take part in Bonia's fashion preview for 2009, a press conference for Bonia, and an interview with the New Straits Times yesterday.

However, she failed to turn up for any of the appointments as she was reported to have fallen sick.

Once rumoured to have had an affair with former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, Lydia, who is also a professional golfer, last year wrote a book, Lydia... Here I Am, where she talked about Thaksin being no more than a golfing partner.

However, some websites have her also being Thaksin's karaoke buddy. These websites also claim the duo go on shopping trips together.

A "goddaughter" of Thaksin, she released two albums and one with Thai pop group Dream II.

Thaksin, who divorced his wife Pojaman after 32 years of marriage, also denied rumours of him having an affair with Lydia.

- The New Straits Times / 2008-11-20

Not only Thaksin himself, his family, his apologists, ....but also the current Thai puppet do-nothing government and their minions (consul-generals et. al.) .......all lie lie lie.

The Thaksin lie-machine

They keep saying that she is having Thaksins baby and it,s coming from various speakers at PAD demo,s in Bangkok.

My wife has mentioned it a few times now as and when it,s mentioned.

I cannot see any reference to this on this thread so wonder if this could connected in some way to her disappearance ?????

Sorry if i,ve missed it.

marshbags :o

I heard that too. Dont know if it is true, but if so it would put a new light on the divorce

Total crap, we all know why they got divorced, obviously to protect the family fortune. And all that about her being pregnant with Mr T's baby is utter rubbish and just vicious rumuors spread by you know who, you actually said it yourself "They keep saying that she is having Thaksins baby and it,s coming from various speakers at PAD demo,s in Bangkok."

The PAD say whatever they want and make up any stories they can think of to try and destroy the reputations of Thaksin and any people associated with him. It's just kind of sad that the local entertainment newspapers tried to pick it up and run it as a credible story.

It might be all exciting (and sure sounds like good tabloid tale) to think that Mr. T was divorced from his wife of 32 years because he was screwing and impregnated a famous pop star less than half his age, but common sense should prevail. Her family is already rather wealthy, running various businesses including road construction, hotels, apartment buildings and a golf driving range. And she has a healthy singing career with RS Promotions earning her more than enough money I'm sure. The family is friends with the Shinawatras, and no they are not from Chiang Mai.

And the cancelled event in Malaysia was due to the fact that the event organizer that hired her to go there breached terms of the contract they had, causing her to cancel all activities there and promptly fly home. The fact that she wasn't even aware a press conference and interviews were arranged was part of the problem. 'Falling sick' is just an industry excuse meaning I'm not going to give in to your shit, and does not mean 'I have morning sickness'.

Yes I manage some of her overseas work, and am a family friend.

Hi MPD.

Truth and coherent posters are always welcome here.

I am glad you have cleared things up.

I heard some track of Lydia singing awhile back, she's got a voice.

And cute is always saleable in this business.

Chok dee Lydia.

Edited by animatic

I doubt it is acrimonious. A move against the bullies abusing their power to protect his and his ex-wife assets is the more likely motive.

You're saying you would also divorce to protect your and your wife's assets? What an old-fashioned and noble romantic you are!

Seems that marriage vows mean as little to Thaksin as all the other promises he makes.

How did you make that leap of logic?

mc2 posted an opinion of the reason for the divorce. Nowhere did he/she indicate that he/she agreed with that reason or would do the same.

Simple They had long stay visa BEFORE the convictions. Which after a conviction can rightly be recinded.

The Brits didn't realize she was convicted till AFTER little Mrs Hot Potato was in their fair land.

Not bothering to moniter Thai internal affairs as closely as many other places.

The moment the two moved out ensemble the door slammed shut.

I am sure the Brits felt put upon by the sneaking in bit.

It would seem that Thaksin and Pojamon were not on any "international fugitive watch" list, or they would have been "pinged" when going through Immigration upon entering Great Britain.

...unless Thaksin and Pojamon have the "Great Britain Elite" card, which would fast-track them through Immigration without those pesky checks.

So I don't hear from anybody calling for the firing of the The Hong Kong consulate and their staff.

Wonder why.

What exactly did the Consulate staff do that is illegal?

There are no Thai police on staff at the Consulate. Any military there for security purposes do not have arrest powers.

Probably just a ploy.

100% IMHO, B.B.

No way would they be doing this without first of all having thought / thinking things through and making sure it was to their advantage.

Politically motivated, joint self interests, IMHO you bet it is.

She can now possibly keep control of not only the petty cash / mega tea money, but look to be a seperate issue when it comes to the much expected sympathy and support as the victim of the unethical and devious mind of Thaksin that will duly follow...................... Thai style

The PC brigade back home would have a field day with this one !!!!!!!!!!

IMHO of course.

marshbags :D

I'm not so sure Marshbags.............I've always reckoned that Pokemon wears the trousers in the Shinawatra h/hold, as it does the Wongsawat h/hold.

You seem to assume that he is divorcing her rather than other way round. Think about it................most of the family dosh is in her name and her hubby is about as popular as a pork pie at a Jewish wedding right now in Thailand, Uk, any other country you care to name. He's screwed up big time their plans for a nice comfy retirement back home in Chiang Mai as well as screwed around more times than she can continue to turn a blind eye too, added to which it seems everything he touches turns to <deleted> these days.

In short he's lost his midas touch and she understandably wants out from this loser. :D

And can you blame her? :D

I hadsimilar thoughts regarding her involvement in the Rajadapisek case - she wanted him to quit politics anyway, he kept on going, talked her into snapping up (for him) the property- this way he pulled her in to it she lost face too big time and BANG! Could be.... if you think that she also got most of the dosh... :o Why not possible... gossip in the near future will tell, sure..

Thaksin does not have a diplomatic passport. It was revoked after the coup.

And returning it was Noppadope's top-priority immediately after the former PPP-led coalition-government took power.

Many posters, who hoped PM-Somchai was as honest as he appeared to be, lost heart when he refused to take back the diplomatic passport from his brother-in-law, even after he had been convicted & sentenced in his first court-case & had broken bail while attending the Olympic-opening in China. :o

And returning it was Noppadope's top-priority immediately after the former PPP-led coalition-government took power.

Many posters, who hoped PM-Somchai was as honest as he appeared to be, lost heart when he refused to take back the diplomatic passport from his brother-in-law, even after he had been convicted & sentenced in his first court-case & had broken bail while attending the Olympic-opening in China. :o

Indeed.

mgjackson69, if you cannot get such basic facts straight you aren't gonna impress a lot of people here, i.e. your views will be discarded as drivel.

Hint: If Thaksin didn't have a diplomatic passport, why all the news articles lately regarding people putting pressure on the [current/former] government to revoke it while they keep saying it was [another person within the administration] that had to do it and keep bouncing it back and forward? Instead of just saying 'he has none'? Because he has one.

Indeed.

mgjackson69, if you cannot get such basic facts straight you aren't gonna impress a lot of people here, i.e. your views will be discarded as drivel.

Hint: If Thaksin didn't have a diplomatic passport, why all the news articles lately regarding people putting pressure on the [current/former] government to revoke it while they keep saying it was [another person within the administration] that had to do it and keep bouncing it back and forward? Instead of just saying 'he has none'? Because he has one.

Mea culpa...I missed that part. Silly little thing called work outside the country and absence from the forum...

That said, I very much doubt that diplomatic passport vs. "regular" passport had any bearing on Thaksin's treatment at the Hong Kong Consulate. It seems to be the view of several here that the Consulate staff was remiss because they did not take Thaksin and Pojamon into custody..or indeed, because they gave them services that would be available to any Thai citizens who came in there.

If there was any favorable treatment, I would attribute that to who he is (someone "important") rather than to what type of passport he has.

His passport status of course had no alteration of the treatment of him at the consulate. His name did.

And no, the consulate staff cannot arrest him as they are not interpole agents or police officers. They could of course have been lazy, slow and sloppy, but Thaksin still pulls a lot of weight where he goes and people don't want to stick their neck out unprotected.

If not Thaksin, who is the father of her baby or is she not pregnant?

Would you care to share a few words regarding the depth of her being a "famous pop star" prior to her association with Thaksin?

Definately not pregnant, complete lies as I previously stated. She will be coming out to respond to these lies within the next few days to try and clear her name up. But it is actually not expected to have that much of a positive impact as the damage has been done, those who want to believe the negative will, and most peoples minds cannot be changed after they have read something in the papers 10 or so times. And what is also expected are the spreading of abortion rumours by the PAD after the press see she is very much not pregnant. And actually a prominent industry personality sticking up for her, and responding to PAD speakers saying she was 2 months pregnant made a very valid point recently in saying "Most people who have been pregnant for just 2 months don't even realise it yet, they would have only missed one period and probably have no clue, so how the hel_l would anyone else know."

If anyone wondered why she hasn't already come out to say anything in response after such a period of time it is because the rumours were deemed too ridiculous to even respond to, and recently not wanting too seem insensitive to the situation at the airports. But with the airports problems kind of resolved along with the increasing frequency and visciousness of attacks on her now is the time.

And to answer your question, here is a quick background on her. Lydia graduated from ISB (probably Bangkok's best international school) in 2005 with a 3.98 gpa after studying there for 12 years. That same year she had her first hit on the Thai pop charts with Wang Laew Chuay to Klub which occupied the no. 1 spot for 9 weeks. Since then has released a steady line of popular songs in both Thai and English. Including a cover of Elton John's "Candle in the wind" dedicated to HRH the late Princess Galyani Vadhana.

2005- Season radio Awards Female artist of the year(winner)

Seed radio Awards Female artist of the year (winner)

Kom Chad Luk newspaper awards Best Female Artist (nominated)

2006 MTV Asia Awards Favorite Thai artist (nominated along with Thaitanium, Bodyslam and Tata Young who eventually won)

Channel V Thailand awards Popular female artist (nominated)

Virgin Hitz Best Female Artist (nominated)

Seventeen Teen Choice Awards Best female Artist (winner)

2007 Star Entertainment Awards Best Female artist (nominated)

Best Thai Vocals award from HRH Princess Soamsavali

Seventeen Teen Choice Award Best Female Artist (winner)

I will leave out her awards for 2008 as you specifically asked for prior to her association with Mr T in the Thai newspapers. Both their books came out in 2007, clearly stating their relationship as one of fatherly affection and also common interests (mainly karaoke and golf) between the families, her Dad is a 1 handicap golfer also. In Lydia's book she also said that one day while her family was holidaying with the Shinawatras overseas (many TRT MP's and government officials also accompanied them) Thaksin had a serious talk to her about him wanting her to be his daughter in law. After some discussion with her family they decided to politely decline, due to the fact that they believed arranged marriages to be a thing of the past.

Alot has been made over nothing in the past year and example of that is some of the pictures that have been posted here and in newspapers which show only ones of her and Mr T or her and Oak, whereas in the book there were many with both families together, but these photos seem to be strangely omitted when it comes to newspaper front pages.

Hi MPD.

Chok dee Lydia.

Thank you Animatic, I'm sure she would appreciate that, and could do with as much Gum Lung Jai as possible these days! She is one of the few Thai pop stars who can actually sing, kind of sad really, but good for her I guess.....

btw these posts are by no means a cry of sympathy for Lydia, just thought I could help clear up some details and give some relavent information on a topic I'm familiar with.

Hi MPD.

Chok dee Lydia.

Thank you Animatic, I'm sure she would appreciate that, and could do with as much Gum Lung Jai as possible these days! She is one of the few Thai pop stars who can actually sing, kind of sad really, but good for her I guess.....

btw these posts are by no means a cry of sympathy for Lydia, just thought I could help clear up some details and give some relavent information on a topic I'm familiar with.

:o You have done a good job and well done !

Don't listen anymore to all kinds of gossip and stories by people who are not close to her.

LaoPo

She plans on pursuing the career for the time being, and possibly extend to other larger Asian markets in the near future. Havard and Nothwestern are great schools and a shame she didn't take up the chance to attend them, but Boston and Chicago are a long long way from Bangkok and and her family. She is however currently taking London School of Economics External study program.

She turned down an acceptance to study at Harvard??? :o:D

sheesh... whatever, up to her.... but sheesh..... :D

If someone here in Asia says they wont go somewhere as it would be too far away from the family, I would tend to believe them. The closeness to the family seems more important here than for some others, me included.

If I may take a leaf out of sriracha john's book, and quote one of my own posts:

And how many times have we read on this forum about farangs being given dirty looks when they are out with their Thai wife's teenage daughter? The usual response is that these farangs should get their minds out of the gutter.

If not Thaksin, who is the father of her baby or is she not pregnant?

Would you care to share a few words regarding the depth of her being a "famous pop star" prior to her association with Thaksin?

Definately not pregnant, complete lies as I previously stated... Thaksin had a serious talk to her about him wanting her to be his daughter in law...

Excuse me for saying her family was from Chiang Mai. My bad.

Well done indeed, mpd.

It seems you have caused some previously unknown (or forgotten) reverse gears to be engaged.

But please don't expect any contrition, or apologies - indeed a bridge too far!

Yes, I heard some gear-crunching from sriracha john.

Indeed.

Mea culpa...I missed that part. Silly little thing called work outside the country and absence from the forum...

That said, I very much doubt that diplomatic passport vs. "regular" passport had any bearing on Thaksin's treatment at the Hong Kong Consulate. It seems to be the view of several here that the Consulate staff was remiss because they did not take Thaksin and Pojamon into custody..or indeed, because they gave them services that would be available to any Thai citizens who came in there.

If there was any favorable treatment, I would attribute that to who he is (someone "important") rather than to what type of passport he has.

The other part of his still having essentially an honorary diplo pass,

is that he SHOULD be on an international pinch list,

but his Bro In Law the PM and cronies wouldn't allow it.

Basically letting him run around the world, and make calls home with orders,

as he saw fit, until the Brits said not on our time you don't.

And the world got smaller, and Thaksin had another round of paranioa in hotels

This whole thing showed Somchai's colors big time

and THAT was a large part of PAD's calculation in doing

'whatever they could' to bring down the puppet.

Like their methods or not, most don't,

this was one of the main matches that lit that flame.

Hi MPD.

Chok dee Lydia.

Thank you Animatic, I'm sure she would appreciate that, and could do with as much Gum Lung Jai as possible these days!

She is one of the few Thai pop stars who can actually sing, kind of sad really, but good for her I guess.....

I hear you, I HATE "Auto-tune"...

lets fools go out thinking they are stars.