Visa Runs From Samui

I think crazy Herbert is the only one who do kathu baru. He do it in 40 hours. "fastest visarun in Samui". His office is in Nathon, on the right side little bit before the pier.

Note: I definately did not recommend this trip, i only answered the question. If you end up being treated badly, or in a hospital even there´s no leagal claims to be made on me. I´just the messagecarrier! :o

-Yep, agree with Mattias33 on Herberts Visa run. His drivers drive like mad, and I don´t mean "european-mad", I mean THAI-mad.

Heared that they had an accident (if there hasn´t been more since then), a while ago and both people inside and outside the bus got hurt.

-Joy, is another lady who has Visa runs. Her company is known for missing the ferry (both ways) , about every other time or so.

-Julies Visa run is another. No problem for us with them, so far. Her husband Soong is driving more safe now than he used to and I think that is very much appreciated.

I am not sure if any of these companies go to Koha Bahru but they do go to Malaysia and/or Burma.

take care

comehome :o

Herbert is sadly the only one who do a consulate. The others do only borders.

Yep, do firefly instead. And in maly youll get an agent to do the consulate for you. You stay in the hotel drinking beer while the agent do the work!

did that last year but they would only issue single entry at consulate in penang.consulate in kota bharu do 2 entries.Have found out i can fly firfly from penang to kota,or get a bus 8 hours trip.

-Yep, agree with Mattias33 on Herberts Visa run. His drivers drive like mad, and I don´t mean "european-mad", I mean THAI-mad.

Heared that they had an accident (if there hasn´t been more since then), a while ago and both people inside and outside the bus got hurt.

-Joy, is another lady who has Visa runs. Her company is known for missing the ferry (both ways) , about every other time or so.

-Julies Visa run is another. No problem for us with them, so far. Her husband Soong is driving more safe now than he used to and I think that is very much appreciated.

I am not sure if any of these companies go to Koha Bahru but they do go to Malaysia and/or Burma.

take care

comehome :o

He had several accidents i beleive. One of them is covered here : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Visa-Run-Bad...ed-t173520.html

There´s been a few threads about Herberts insane and rude behavior on this forum, you´ll find them if you have the time or interest. My only comment is, don´t use him, you will regret it. BUT you will for sure get your visa in your passport, he knows his stuff and have good connections so if it is your only option, go for it. He wil look at your case, tell you what papers to bring, passports, do the copies all in good time before the run, and if he says you will get a certain visa you WILL. You jst have to put up with alot of other things with that man but if you can take it, you go. I don´t! :D

I heard about the penang problems. I don´t know what kind of visa you are on or what papers you have, but you can always give julie a call, she handles also some other services when it comes to visas except for border-runs.

Otherwise your kathu baru idea seems ok, but i´m not sure if you get your stuff there either. You might wanna check it up before you go. For instans Thaivisas "visa"-forum. Post a question there and you will get good answers already today on were to go in your particular case.

Good luck! :D

mattias33,thanks for you imput.I spoke to a friend who used Herberts last month.His feedback was all good except a lot of hanging around,and did say Herbert ran the excercise with military precision.I phoned the consulate in kota bharu and they said yes they do issue 60day tourist visa with double entry.The cost of Herbert's package 7500baht all up.

I'm sure it would be safer to get a bus to Hat Yai and get a bus or mini bus from there.

I'll second that, or take the train.

Read this thread Tourist-Visa-Kota-Bharu

have found a bus/coach goes from samui through to sungai kolok 2 times a day 7am and 7pm,1300baht each way have costed the whole trip at 5940baht inc.1 night in KB.but i would hate to not get the 2 entry TV having gone all that way,as others have said with Herbert your pretty much guaranteed to get what you apply for if all the conditions are right and paper work correct.

I did it last month, going alone. Booked a joint ticket at a travel agent, 1,000 baht for boat, mini bus to Sungai Kolok, ( with pick up at yr home/hotel).

At Sungai Kolok walked across the border then got taxi to Kota Bharu (50 Ringit), hotel in town about 70 ringit. Went to the consulate at opening time (9am) & got a Non B multi entry no problems.

You have to wait till the next morning to pick up passport tho' & there's not a lot to do to pass the time. (Not a bar in town)!!

Dress smartly, (no shorts & vest tops) be polite & have the right paperwork & you should be ok.

BTW, they only take Ringit as payment, (no baht) It's a long walk to the bank... I know!

Hope it helps.

I did it last month, going alone. Booked a joint ticket at a travel agent, 1,000 baht for boat, mini bus to Sungai Kolok, ( with pick up at yr home/hotel).

At Sungai Kolok walked across the border then got taxi to Kota Bharu (50 Ringit), hotel in town about 70 ringit. Went to the consulate at opening time (9am) & got a Non B multi entry no problems.

You have to wait till the next morning to pick up passport tho' & there's not a lot to do to pass the time. (Not a bar in town)!!

Dress smartly, (no shorts & vest tops) be polite & have the right paperwork & you should be ok.

BTW, they only take Ringit as payment, (no baht) It's a long walk to the bank... I know!

Hope it helps.

thanks for the info.Can you remember the name of the co.or travel agent where you booked,and how long did the trip take?The coach i checked out at agent in banrak takes 12 hours and is 1300baht.

For those where time and money aren't a real issue, I'd suggest taking advantage of living in the region and use a visa run as an excuse for a short vacation. I did the "sit-in-a-minivan-for-12-hours" BS once just for the experience. After that, I worked in trips to Hong Kong/China, Europe (yeah, I know, not in the region), Malaysia, and Vietnam. Sure it costs A LOT more but I also got a helluva lot more out of it than I would have sitting in a @#$%&*! minibus all day.

Samibeachbomber, we have not even begun to tell you the stories of Herbie. But they are on the forum somewhere. I can reccomend you to give him a call for information. He will start bossing you aound already on the call and you can build your own oppinion.

I have to update what i said earlier. He is NOT the only one. Apperently the company called "easy ride" started rescently to do also kathu baru. I never used them myself but have some friends that gone with them to burma border-runs and they all speak good about them. You could try to give them a call also. I think they are located in Chaweng.

If you enjoy being treated like a 2 year old, crazy herbert will get ya visa, ya back up and killed if ya lucky all in 48 hours....

when did you do the trip with herbert?and was it really that bad?

Did it last month, and yes was that bad he is extremely arrogant and treats even older ladies with disrespect. At total pig

Samibeachbomber, we have not even begun to tell you the stories of Herbie. But they are on the forum somewhere. I can reccomend you to give him a call for information. He will start bossing you aound already on the call and you can build your own oppinion.

I have to update what i said earlier. He is NOT the only one. Apperently the company called "easy ride" started rescently to do also kathu baru. I never used them myself but have some friends that gone with them to burma border-runs and they all speak good about them. You could try to give them a call also. I think they are located in Chaweng.

thanks mattias.

If you enjoy being treated like a 2 year old, crazy herbert will get ya visa, ya back up and killed if ya lucky all in 48 hours....

when did you do the trip with herbert?and was it really that bad?

Did it last month, and yes was that bad he is extremely arrogant and treats even older ladies with disrespect. At total pig

thanks for the warning

Not a big fan of mini buses so I always drive myself down south.

Needed Mr Herbert's help for my last 2 visa's and have met him and his convoy down at Hat Yai,then followed them down to the border.

For me he was very well organized and every one got the visa they requested.

I do get the feeling he has a little time for people who can't follow simple instructions tho.

Very straight talking bloke with a good sense of humor IMO

Needed Mr Herbert's help for my last 2 visa's and have met him and his convoy down at Hat Yai,then followed them down to the border.

I do get the feeling he has a little time for people who can't follow simple instructions tho.

I have a very hard time seing anything funny in the way this idiot behaive to be honest with you. But we are all different and for sure somebody must like him and his service, otherwise he would be out of buisness many years ago.

I do agree about the "well organized" part though.

:o

1st. positive post for herbert.

Went to Immigration in Nathon to renew my Non-Imm O a month ago.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - new requirements every day = No luck getting the renewal.

Since I still had to do a borderrun by Friday, I decided to go to Penang Thursday morning for the renewal.

Left with the 8.00am ferry and arrived in Penang 7pm.

Went to my regular agent, Banana Guesthouse, had the paperwork done by Thursday night.

Friday afternoon the Non-Imm O visa was in my hands, without any problems at all.

They also informed me that new rules for 60 day Tourist visa applies from Nov 3.

Starting that day the consulate guarantee the visa the same day as you apply, if applied in the morning.

Which was good news for my wife since she needed a new tourist visa.

Last week she went down there with her friend, left Thursday morning and was back again Saturday morning.

Ferry, minibus, visa agent fee and a night at Continental Hotel = 2300 Baht.

Quiet a bargin, right?

Also Samuibeachcomber - since Nov 2006 neither Kota Bharu or Penang issues multiple Tourist visas any longer.

Since the discussion been up - I would never ever(or anyone in my family) go with either Herbert or Easy Way.