New Owners Of The Queen Victoria Pub In Cm

tampasailor

I met Pascal and his Thai wife Kitty and have been to the pub several times. Pascal is from Swizerland and speaks several langages as you can imagine. The have hired some of the old staff back and are whipping things into shape. The have a Carving Buffet on Saturdays for 395 bt. They are hoping that Farangs and locals will come back and they are anxious to cater to meetings etc for clubs etc and to become involved in the community. They are a very nice couple and I urge you to drop by and meet them! If you feel you are too skinny, try their breakfast set!! :o

Parking is 60b at the hotel behind if the street parking is filled up. They are trying to make some arrangement with the hotel to make things even easier!

I met Pascal and his Thai wife Kitty and have been to the pub several times. Pascal is from Swizerland and speaks several langages as you can imagine. The have hired some of the old staff back and are whipping things into shape. The have a Carving Buffet on Saturdays for 395 bt. They are hoping that Farangs and locals will come back and they are anxious to cater to meetings etc for clubs etc and to become involved in the community. They are a very nice couple and I urge you to drop by and meet them! If you feel you are too skinny, try their breakfast set!! :o

Parking is 60b at the hotel behind if the street parking is filled up. They are trying to make some arrangement with the hotel to make things even easier!

Good to hear some positive news about this place - first time for a long time for we Chiang Mai-ers.

Last most of us heard was that an Australian had bought it from an Englishman who was not entitled to sell it. The latter then fled to Cambodia.

So has the Swiss bought it from the Australian? And do the former English shareholders in Pattaya know anything about this?

Not stirring things up, just making an inquiry and sounding a small warning bell. Don't want any of my modest booze budget to fall into the wrong hands....

Went in there one hot afternoon a couple of years ago for a coffee (actually had 3 ) and a read of the papers and when I got my 'check bin' they had added 2 beers onto it..... :o

Jesu c ...I was the only customer in the joint... :D gorra laff......

anyway quick... Solly Solly ....see you again..... :D

however mpr will be happy to have a looksee next time......

Good to hear some positive news about this place - first time for a long time for we Chiang Mai-ers.

Last most of us heard was that an Australian had bought it from an Englishman who was not entitled to sell it. The latter then fled to Cambodia.

So has the Swiss bought it from the Australian? And do the former English shareholders in Pattaya know anything about this?

Not stirring things up, just making an inquiry and sounding a small warning bell. Don't want any of my modest booze budget to fall into the wrong hands....

I understand that the English ex-partner in Pattaya is aware of the change.

• 2 weeks later...
it wouldn't be the Riverside Pascal you guys are talking about?

Don't know about Riverside Pascal but I have enjoyed dinners at Riverside for many years.

This Pascal is Asian Swiss and of Korean origin I think. His wife Kitty is a Sweety and they have a baby boy.

The place is quiet which I appreciate for meeting with friends and the food is good and reasonable.

There are some tables on the street for when the weather is warm.

I had been in the pub a few years ago but dont remember much.

I don't know anything about its past but it is quite nice now.

When my gf comes up from bkk weekends Kitty always has a rose on the table and candle.

Special request of course but quick to please with an understanding smile.

I am at the Grand apartments just around the cornor and looking for a heater if anyone has ideas...burrrrr!

Maybe a heading pad is more practical?

Headed up to Chaing Rai last week but half froze in the mountains on my motorbike so overnighted at the hot springs

and came back to cm the next day brrrrrrr!

Off to bkk on the 12th for the rest of the year. I hope I can fly on the 12th

Love to meet fellow Canadians!

:o