Si Racha Apartment

MattFS218

Can anyone recommend a value (ie under 6000baht/month) apartment in the Si Ratcha area? High Speed internet is a must. I'm only looking for a 4-6 month contact. Thanks

Matt

You have no chance of even getting a phone line in an apartment for that price let alone hi-speed internet. Adding another 0 might get you what your looking for. Si Rahca accom is expensive due to number of foreign companies in the area and the large proportion of Japanese living in the area.

• 1 month later...

the website is in Thai, but have a look at http://www.pacificpark.co.th/

my highspeed connect in Sriracha costs about 3k/month alone :o

perhaps rent an aprtment in Sriracha Place and speak to Internet East or similar about a land line connection, slower but as stated before a lot of places don't even have a telephone (me included in a moo bahn)

The apartments in Sriracha place have hotel style lines (dial 9 for an ouside line) and in my experience, it was a complete pain in the backside!

I live in an moo bahn now and have a nomal landline with a dial up connection which isn't bad at all.

Can anyone recommend a value (ie under 6000baht/month) apartment in the Si Ratcha area? High Speed internet is a must. I'm only looking for a 4-6 month contact. Thanks

Matt

You have no chance of even getting a phone line in an apartment for that price let alone hi-speed internet. Adding another 0 might get you what your looking for. Si Rahca accom is expensive due to number of foreign companies in the area and the large proportion of Japanese living in the area.

Just to fix any misconceptions...I've now moved into my place in Sri Racha. It's a rather new studio apartment for 2,700/baht mo. The landlandy is great and it's right on Sukumvit about 5 minutes walk to Robinsons. I have access to a direct phone line but opted for the Dtac Unlimited GPRS plan instead.

I'm the ONLY farang in the apartment complex but it pays to wonder around the local areas :o

Matt

Matt,

where abouts is this new apartment? Sounds like you've got yourself a bargain!

It's about 100 meters south of the pink pedestrian overpass on the eastside of Sukumvit. If you'd like the name pm me ..but there's a series of condos along this small driveway. There's no hot water or air-con but it does have a flushing toilet.

Matt