Professional Leather Cleaning In Bangkok?

BigBikeBKK

I love this cool weather- I can finally wear my leather riding jacket but I did notice that it's getting a bit dry and could use a cleaning and oiling.

Does anyone know of a professional leather cleaner they would recommend in Bangkok or vicinity?

Thanks and Happy Trails!

Cheers Andrew!

It was great riding up to CM with you and Anthony and hope we can get together again for more rides in the future.

I'd love to try the track at Bira too! I guess you know it like the back of your hand :o

I'll try to find the leather shop on Suk Soi 1- thanks for the advice!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Hi Tony,

You really don't need a 'professional' to leather clean. You really can do it yourself (but of course in Thailand labor is so cheap you might as well). But the way I clean leather is to use shaving cream (I have one white leather jacket). Small amount on rag or paper towel and rub it in to get all of the dirt and grime off of it. You will see the grime on the towel/rag. It will also have a moisturizing affect on the leather. After you are done cleaning apply leather conditioner/oil. The conditioner designed for a car will work good (but avoid any that use sillicone, which will clog the pores of the leather), as the thicker leather in a motorcycle jacket (thicker than regular fashion jackets) is the same as what is used on most cars.

Cheers Andrew!

It was great riding up to CM with you and Anthony and hope we can get together again for more rides in the future.

I'd love to try the track at Bira too! I guess you know it like the back of your hand :o

Happy Trails,

Tony

I also enjoyed the ride with you guys. Will definitely join again in future. Just let me know when. Note to self: stay off large amounts of booze before the day of rides. :D

I'll let you guys know when track is up next if you wanna get your knee down. :D

Cheers Andrew!

Happy Trails,

Tony

I also enjoyed the ride with you guys. Will definitely join again in future. Just let me know when. Note to self: stay off large amounts of booze before the day of rides. :D

I'll let you guys know when track is up next if you wanna get your knee down. :D

hey dude...

awesome ride with you up the highway, you ride like a legend! I am putting some pegs on the bike this week ready for the track and am keen as corn as soon as you get out there again

until then take care

Trent

Cheers Andrew!

Happy Trails,

Tony

hey dude...

awesome ride with you up the highway, you ride like a legend! I am putting some pegs on the bike this week ready for the track and am keen as corn as soon as you get out there again

until then take care

Trent

Thanks for the compliments. You're making me blush now. :D

I'll give ya a poke when I plan to ride track next.

• 2 months later...

Hi All!

I wanted to let you know that I finally took my 15+ year old Hein Gericke riding jacket to the leather shop called An An on the corner of Sukumvit and Soi 1- they did an AMAZING job to restore my old jacket and now it looks brand new again! I'm so happy and it only cost 350 Baht!

They can also do custom work, tailoring and repairs, so check them out, I'm really happy to have found this place and thank you Andrew for telling me about it!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Hi All!

I wanted to let you know that I finally took my 15+ year old Hein Gericke riding jacket to the leather shop called An An on the corner of Sukumvit and Soi 1- they did an AMAZING job to restore my old jacket and now it looks brand new again! I'm so happy and it only cost 350 Baht!

They can also do custom work, tailoring and repairs, so check them out, I'm really happy to have found this place and thank you Andrew for telling me about it!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Hmm now you proved it is ok to have your leathers cleaned. I will have to think about having mine done.

Don't wanna be singled out as the manky one. :o

Hi All!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Hmm now you proved it is ok to have your leathers cleaned. I will have to think about having mine done.

Don't wanna be singled out as the manky one. :D

LOL! Don't worry- Trent aka "Stinky Tights" already holds the title of Mr. Manky :D:D:D (Interestingly, I understand those tights are still being used...) :o

Hi All!

Happy Trails,

Tony

If you have a contact card.. Add em to the POI's..

Good leather shop would be useful to many.

Hi All!

Happy Trails,

Tony

If you have a contact card.. Add em to the POI's..

Good leather shop would be useful to many.

Cheers LivinLOS- I wasn't sure if it was "Bike-specific enough", but with your blessing I've gone ahead and added the An An leather shop to the Google POI map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp....775391&z=6

Happy Trails!

Tony