Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Hey, if any of you ER fans want the newer shop manual for the ABS models (ER650C9F_D9F), you can download it free from here: http://wwwDOTmediafireDOTcom/?v829j4u2fwya9jh#2

I replaced the two "dots" woth DOT. so it will not be a hyperlink, rules, you know.

By the way, I cannot for the life of me understand why anybody is waiting for deliverey of either ER's or Versys. The Nakhon Sawan dealer has them all on the floor.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, if any of you ER fans want the newer shop manual for the ABS models (ER650C9F_D9F), you can download it free from here: http://wwwDOTmediafi...29j4u2fwya9jh#2

I replaced the two "dots" woth DOT. so it will not be a hyperlink, rules, you know.

By the way, I cannot for the life of me understand why anybody is waiting for deliverey of either ER's or Versys. The Nakhon Sawan dealer has them all on the floor.

Sorry, not sure what happened. This time, replacing the colon with "COLON" and the two periods with "DOT," it is:

httpCOLON//wwwDOTmediafireDOTcom/?v829j4u2fwya9jh#2

Hey, if any of you ER fans want the newer shop manual for the ABS models (ER650C9F_D9F), you can download it free from here: http://wwwDOTmediafi...29j4u2fwya9jh#2

Sorry, not sure what happened. This time, replacing the colon with "COLON" and the two periods with "DOT," it is:

Nice one cheers. jap.gif

Thanks mate! :jap:

• 3 weeks later...

Concerning the waiting time:

Well.. I don't know where you ordered your bike. I guess @ Kwaker Pattaya. This so called 3 months waiting bla bla they always say in order to sell their crappy second hand bikes (mostly from rental shops) at a premium. Once you make clear to them you only want a new one they will have it within a few days, maximum 1-2 weeks. I have been in that situation a few times before.

I dare to say that for sure they are not telling you the truth!!

Don't fall for the "sorry no bikes available trap"

Have a nice Sunday!

Hey Guys,

I'm currently riding the CBR250 and I'd love to go Kawa next and get the ErN6 or Ninja. Money is an issue- i'm not sure if i feel comfortable getting finance because i'm not sure how long i'm staying in the Kingdom due to work.

SO...what are you thoughts or advice on buying second hand in LOS? Ern6 or Ninja?

Your advice is much appreciated,

Thanks.

Concerning the waiting time:

Well.. I don't know where you ordered your bike. I guess @ Kwaker Pattaya. This so called 3 months waiting bla bla they always say in order to sell their crappy second hand bikes (mostly from rental shops) at a premium. Once you make clear to them you only want a new one they will have it within a few days, maximum 1-2 weeks. I have been in that situation a few times before.

I dare to say that for sure they are not telling you the truth!!

Don't fall for the "sorry no bikes available trap"

Have a nice Sunday!

Hey Guys,

I'm currently riding the CBR250 and I'd love to go Kawa next and get the ErN6 or Ninja. Money is an issue- i'm not sure if i feel comfortable getting finance because i'm not sure how long i'm staying in the Kingdom due to work.

SO...what are you thoughts or advice on buying second hand in LOS? Ern6 or Ninja?

Your advice is much appreciated,

Thanks.

Great deals to be had on second hand Kawasaki 650's. Just give them a good looking over to make sure they haven't been crashed and check the service booklet to see that all regularly scheduled maintenance has been done, other than that the bikes are very tough and difficult to break. Ride On! Tony

Hi all....

Can someone help me out here...I had a small incident where there is a small nik shall we say on the front rim...

Now I,ve developed a wobble spoke with the Guy there In Kawa Pattaya on the Sukhamvit he says I need new

Now My question is can it not be balanced in the same way you would for a car...i.e...small lead weights to counter the effect of the nik

Thanks in Advance..

Hi all....

Can someone help me out here...I had a small incident where there is a small nik shall we say on the front rim...

Now I,ve developed a wobble spoke with the Guy there In Kawa Pattaya on the Sukhamvit he says I need new

Now My question is can it not be balanced in the same way you would for a car...i.e...small lead weights to counter the effect of the nik

Thanks in Advance..

If it's just a scrape / gouge / nik then yes, you should be able to have the wheel balanced, but if they are telling you you need a new wheel I'm guessing the wheel has been bent? A bent wheel should be replaced. Ride On! Tony

Hi all....

Thanks in Advance..

If it's just a scrape / gouge / nik then yes, you should be able to have the wheel balanced, but if they are telling you you need a new wheel I'm guessing the wheel has been bent? A bent wheel should be replaced. Ride On! Tony

Thanks Tony

I,ll try the wheel balancing first.....and if not...new rim it is... Dam!

• 1 month later...

Trying to get my sat nav (TomTom) to work here as I downloaded the Thai map in England.

Got a new AFAM gold chain (expensive 90 quid) and Renthal front sprockets (same price as here). But I couldn't get a black rear sprocket with 48 teeth.

Trying to get sorted for the 16th and 17th.

Arhhh

Tried to start my bike this morning and nothing, after several attempts it started. Looks like a new battery, so off to buy/order a new one. I wonder how much a battery costs?

Go go go! jap.gif

Ordered some parts today.

new black 2010 handle bars again 390 baht.

a battery 1890 baht

right hand mirror holder bracket 120 baht

the bad news is my sat nav map hasnt downloaded onto my tomtom.

another headache - arh

Hi there NomanW,

Are you changing sprockets and chain agian :o

Thought you just changed all that stuff..

C u @ Thailand circuit 16-17.

Take care

Trying to get my sat nav (TomTom) to work here as I downloaded the Thai map in England.

Got a new AFAM gold chain (expensive 90 quid) and Renthal front sprockets (same price as here). But I couldn't get a black rear sprocket with 48 teeth.

Trying to get sorted for the 16th and 17th.

Arhhh

Tried to start my bike this morning and nothing, after several attempts it started. Looks like a new battery, so off to buy/order a new one. I wonder how much a battery costs?

Go go go! jap.gif

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

Im just working out ownership costs. can anyone tell me the cost of:

• tax/inspection/mandatory insurance
  • 1st class insurance
  • and approx servicing

Thanks very much! smile.gif

- Tax: Next to nothing

- Mandatory insurance: Something like 300 baht

- Insurance first class: ~14k baht/year

- Servicing: You pay for the oil for the first 2 years. After that it's 100 baht extra for the mechanic ;)

is it possible to order a new er6 in another color than the standards? would be kawa BKK.

No, not exactly- but you can order whatever color is in stock and then pay another ~10k Baht to purchase OEM Kawasai plastics and tank in a different color if you like. The plastics are dirt cheap but a new tank will set you back about 6000 Baht.

Alternatively you could just get the bike painted. A good quality solid color re-spray will cost you around 4-6k Baht.

Happy Trails!

Tony

is it possible to order a new er6 in another color than the standards? would be kawa BKK.

No, not exactly- but you can order whatever color is in stock and then pay another ~10k Baht to purchase OEM Kawasai plastics and tank in a different color if you like. The plastics are dirt cheap but a new tank will set you back about 6000 Baht.

Alternatively you could just get the bike painted. A good quality solid color re-spray will cost you around 4-6k Baht.

Happy Trails!

Tony

thanks Tony jap.gif do you know a good, trustful paintshop? wanna go for pearl white.

Happy Trails!

Tony

thanks Tony jap.gif do you know a good, trustful paintshop? wanna go for pearl white.

Sure- where are you located? I've got a friend here in Bangkok who does excellent work and even bakes the pieces after they are painted which is rather rare in Thailand but makes for a much more durable finish. Cheers! Tony

Happy Trails!

Tony

Sure- where are you located? I've got a friend here in Bangkok who does excellent work and even bakes the pieces after they are painted which is rather rare in Thailand but makes for a much more durable finish. Cheers! Tony

I am down in Samut Prkarn but could move the bike anywhere in BKK :) Thanks!

hi guys,

• 1st class insurance
  • and approx servicing

- Servicing: You pay for the oil for the first 2 years. After that it's 100 baht extra for the mechanic ;)

Thanks Nikster,

Do you know how much a Two Bros exhaust would cost in Thailand?

Cheers.

Happy Trails!

Tony

I am down in Samut Prkarn but could move the bike anywhere in BKK :) Thanks!

I've sent you contact info via PM :)

hi guys,

• 1st class insurance
  • and approx servicing

Thanks Nikster,

Do you know how much a Two Bros exhaust would cost in Thailand?

Cheers.

Aluminum Two Bros usually retail for around 20k Baht in Thailand. Carbon Fiber goes for around 25k Baht.

i should have said a kawa dealer "near" BKK jap.gif phuket would be a long journey

Fly down, ride back! The coastal road through Ranong is stunning! You'll be ready for first service by the time you get back to Bangkok :)

Chiang Mai as alternative. Probably just as far?! I see an ER-6n in the showroom there, passing by every day. They even have a Versys since last month or so. Tony knows the nice routes from CM to BKK, I have only done it by car and over the - boring - main highway (which isn't really a highway but anyway).