Big Bikes Garage?

Tod

If you get to Bangkok shoot me a pm. I'll show you the place I bought mine.

He has VTEC models (NC39).

You drive a CB400 as well?

Are you happy with it?

Sure, I'll send you a message when I come. I'm very busy at the moment, but I'll probably come down to Bkk at the beginning of next month.

I'm trying to find as many garages that are worth checking.

Anybody can recommend this one? http://www.tpmotorcycle.com/

AVOID TEERA LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! (Others can give you the reasons or just search to forums to learn why)

Tod. HAD is the word my friend all of us HAD bigger and better in the real world but we ain't there now. if you ain't tried the Ninja try one i think you will be surprised.

look at the Ninja thread on here. is cruising at 140-150 OK, is a top end around 170+ OK

Not sure but i think so. i also think that's right in the cb400 ball park, and a lot of cb's here go a lot slower than that cos they been bolloxed by Thai 'Big bike' mechanics. mind you Thai and mechanic in the same sentence is almost laughable.

My own CBR250 will piss over all but the best kept (see newer) CB400's.

Try not to be fixed in your attitude to small bikes cos don't forget they tend to be lighter than the bigger bikes making them more fun.

If i had the option of a nice bigger legal bike at reasonable money then i would get one. BUT in LOS we haven't so ............................................................limited options

BUT i would still keep me CBR250 cos she's a lovely screaming beasty.

Allan

Are you happy with it?

Sure, I'll send you a message when I come. I'm very busy at the moment, but I'll probably come down to Bkk at the beginning of next month.

In past I bought 2 bikes from TP but now wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. I am sure many other riders will confirm this.

Check these threads:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Heads-Up-Tee...et-t220013.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/unreliable-B...ps-t220364.html

Btw Tod, where are you located?

Keep in mind the ZX9R are cheap as chips nowadays. And you can always add clipon risers and lower the rear sets to give more comfort.

ZX9R is recommended these days as a suitable tool for long distance sport touring.

I'd LOVE to get my paws on a LEGAL "cheap as chips" ZX9R :o I'd be most grateful if you could point me in the right direction. I've got ~3000,000THB set aside for the ER-6n, but sounds like it may be a while before it becomes available. A ZX9R would be a great substitute. Cheers!

Keep in mind the ZX9R are cheap as chips nowadays. And you can always add clipon risers and lower the rear sets to give more comfort.

ZX9R is recommended these days as a suitable tool for long distance sport touring.

I'd LOVE to get my paws on a LEGAL "cheap as chips" ZX9R :o I'd be most grateful if you could point me in the right direction. I've got ~3000,000THB set aside for the ER-6n, but sounds like it may be a while before it becomes available. A ZX9R would be a great substitute. Cheers!

Hey BBB, You've got enough money set aside to buy us all a new bike, is that a 3 & 6 zeros?? (3,000,000 baht). This is going to be one serious Er6n. :D

Are you happy with it?

In past I bought 2 bikes from TP but now wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. I am sure many other riders will confirm this.

Check these threads:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Heads-Up-Tee...et-t220013.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/unreliable-B...ps-t220364.html

Btw Tod, where are you located?

Ok I see...

God it seems like such a hassle to get a clean bike unless you are ready to pay the stupid amounts that red baron, ducati, yamaha, triumph official dealers charge.

I'm located in Koh Chang.

I'd LOVE to get my paws on a LEGAL "cheap as chips" ZX9R :D I'd be most grateful if you could point me in the right direction. I've got ~3000,000THB set aside for the ER-6n, but sounds like it may be a while before it becomes available. A ZX9R would be a great substitute. Cheers!

Hey BBB, You've got enough money set aside to buy us all a new bike, is that a 3 & 6 zeros?? (3,000,000 baht). This is going to be one serious Er6n. :D

555! :D I WISH I had 3 MILLION THB laying around, but alas I must amend that post as that's one more zero than I have... :o

theres 2 big bike shops on srinakarin, coming from pattanakarn turn right at the srinakarin intersection...the first shop will be about 200 meters on your left....the next shop is about 1.5 kilos past the next major intersection at onnut road also on your left.

Define 'cheap as chips' ??

I was offered one last year, either 160 or 180k, cant remember now.. and it was a rough as guts old nail, suspect ex rental.. I passed but he sold it easy enough !!

Well, this is Thailand. To play you got to pay.

And thanks for alienating a whole bunch of riders. :o

I don't see how I alienated anyone around but you...

Anyway, I see that most of your posts are just provocation and that you basically have nothing interesting to say.

So thanks for your great contribution to this topic and keep up the good work. :D

There got to be a few knocking around. ZX9R is getting on abit. Stopped making them 5 years ago. And since it is not so popular. Took it for granted that it will be "cheap as chips". :D

Anyway, I see that most of your posts are just provocation and that you basically have nothing interesting to say.

So thanks for your great contribution to this topic and keep up the good work. :D

Dude. You've been posting in the 'Bikes in Thailand' forum for what appears to be 2 weeks.

Try showing a little class. Any personal insults or slanging matches should be kept to PM.

BTW, check your messages.

Dude. You've been posting in the 'Bikes in Thailand' forum for what appears to be 2 weeks.

Try showing a little class. Any personal insults or slanging matches should be kept to PM.

BTW, check your messages.

And?

A forum is a place where you can ask questions to peoples who know better than you. I now realize it's also a place where embittered old men, who have nothing better to do, come to provoke peoples.

I don't want any "slanging matches" with you, I was just asking a question and had some good answers.

You've been posting for much longer than me on the bike forum, but most of what you write is just provocation and doesn't contribute at all to any topic...

So then again, thanks for your participation.