Non O Extention Claim Just The Wife? Or The Kids Too?

I've read where it is cheaper to claim your Thai kids for the extension of the 3 or 12 month Non O (family visit) visa.

However, is it better to keep quiet about your kids, just name your wife - bring the photos, the marriage certificate, the Banker's affadavit of the 400 K for 2 montsh, and the 1,900 baht, and then get on with it? In other words, are you just opening a can of worms that is not going to help you in any case if you start showing birth certificates?

Grateful for your advice.

I've read where it is cheaper to claim your Thai kids for the extension of the 3 or 12 month Non O (family visit) visa.

However, is it better to keep quiet about your kids, just name your wife - bring the photos, the marriage certificate, the Banker's affadavit of the 400 K for 2 montsh, and the 1,900 baht, and then get on with it? In other words, are you just opening a can of worms that is not going to help you in any case if you start showing birth certificates?

If you have a Thai Wife the financial requirements are the same. As you say , why complicate things.

True enough.

Maybe being too forthright is counterproductive. I'm afraid they might start asking to see yet more finances (you know, "ok - well 400k for the wife - but you'll need for the kids" or something like that..)

Obviously means keeping the kiddies out of the photos. Man alive..

I'd suggest showing the birth certificate. It's just one piece of paper.

It shows that you are a family.

Besides, it's on the list of things they want.

I just did my 14th extension and I've never been asked for anything extra because I have a child.

Take the childrens birth certificates. They consider having children additional proof that the marriage is "de facto" as it is called in the rules.

As for leaving the children out of the process. As soon as they look at your wifes house book they will know about the children because they will or should be in it.

They will not require additional income or money in the bank because you have children.

I believe that showing you are a family will makes it easier, to oposed as being married. It is simply a case of immigration easier to believing you live with your wife if you have children. So by all meand let immigration know you have children with you wife and are a family.

Immigration will just give you an extension on the base of your wife, as that is easier then get it on having children.

Thanks for all the advice. Will proceed with on the basis of wife but will also show the birth certificates and photos. If I had applied for a 12 month O on family basis, would I have also needed to show all of these items at a Thai Embassy, or just the marriage certificate? (I applied for only a 3 month O Visa abroad since there was an issue with the expirey date of my passport).

Edited by aromsia

Thanks for all the advice. Will proceed with on the basis of wife but will also show the birth certificates and photos. If I had applied for a 12 month O on family basis, would I have also needed to show all of these items at a Thai Embassy, or just the marriage certificate? (I applied for only a 3 month O Visa abroad since there was an issue with the expirey date of my passport).

For a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa you would just need the Marriage Certificate. And possibly a bank book with some money in it. Probably only Penang and KL would issue one.

This Visa can be stretched out to 15 months.

Also needed Wife's ID Card and house registration.

I believe that showing you are a family will makes it easier, to oposed as being married.

It is simply a case of immigration easier to believing you live with your wife if you have children.

So by all means let immigration know you have children with you wife and are a family.

Immigration will just give you an extension on the base of your wife, as that is easier then get it on having children.

Agreed.

The children strengthen you case for the extension.