What Made You Decide To Live On Samui

just love island life,came for a visit for 1 week back in early 2007.and stayed.what i like about samui is the fact that it has all the amenities like hospitals,communications as in airport,nightlife if you want it and quiet beaches when you want to escape.have found the locals friendly and long term farangs friendly too,so inspite of some drawbacks like infrastructure and some very unclean beachs for me the place is perfect.

Have travelled to krabi(bit too quiet)to phuket(too expensive)..............but have n't really looked at tao and kpn,but not having an airport or good medical facilities would probably put me off,but i should visit and check out.

Nobody can discuss the finer points of theoretical particle physics like the girls in the bars in lamai :D

oh yes i forgot about the girls from southern thailand.

I must have been here too long, I didn't even know that they moved Issan to the South.

Did it happen in Toxic's time as PM or maybe in the riots last year :D:o

You came here because of your wife? Wow, guess we know who wears the trousers in your family. Good thing she didn't pick (or is from) Novosibirsk or some other neat place.

"Honey, we're moving to live along the Munge at Olmoti Crater."

"Great sweetie. I'll bring the dog; we can eat him later!"

But seriously, I came to live on Samui for the following reasons, not necessarily in order of importance:

- It is pretty.

- I like that 95 percent of the man/woman relationships are based on "business," aka "rent-a-girlfriend." (The other 4 percent are just so well deceived that they can't understand they they are actually in the 95 percent, and that little 'ol 1 percent makes up the exception to the rule.)

- It is a good place to write.

- The cost of living is low.

- It is unsophisticated and ramshackle.

(99% of the ladies working in bars or other forms of sex trade (including those in shops) are from Issan, not just the cities you mention.)

Samuibeachcomber: Try the Philippines....

Nobody can discuss the finer points of theoretical particle physics like the girls in the bars in lamai :D

oh yes i forgot about the girls from southern thailand.

I must have been here too long, I didn't even know that they moved Issan to the South.

Did it happen in Toxic's time as PM or maybe in the riots last year :D:o

have met many girls from the south here on samui...............very different from the isaan girl,you should get out more.