Panda Rider Shop, Banhkok

RusticCharm

The Panda Rider Shop is apparently around Pahonyothin Soi 9. The link from the Xena alarm thread eventually brought me here.

http://www.pandarider.com/GDR/products.asp

Some prices seem rather reasonable with many on a par with the online stores, especially when compared with the likes of Paddock, Dirt Shop and Fast Corner. I just hope they're selling originals and not Chink knock-offs.

Anyone been there and can confirm the store's location? I'm looking at the Dianese balaclava and Komine gloves.

That's a horrible map. :o It took some time, but with the GF and google earth it looks like its off Phahon Yothin, past Lat Prao (going outbound), on soi Thavorn Villa 1, which is just past Phahon yothin soi 53, . If you see the bus depot you've gone too far. I will try to get over there today (tuesday) and give a report.....

OK, just returned from Panda shop. First of all, do not rely on their map. Repeat- do not rely on their map. Unless you want to drive past it 4 times like I did. Anyway, go out Pahon Yothin - I started at Victory Monument, but you can pick it up from Ratchada or Lat Phrao. Head out towards Ram Intara. You will go over a khlong. Theres an army camp on the right. Slow down and get left. On your left you will see a small tire shop- small in that its not a Goodyear shop. Turn in that unmarked soi. Its easy to pass by and you wont see the little "Panda" sign until you pull in. The shop is inside that soi. Its small. The shop and the soi. But they do have a nice selection of helmets - Shoei, KBC, AGV. Pretty much everything thats on their website. I would have bought one but my brother is bringing me a KBC from the states. Prices seem to be lower than Paddock, and the people are nice, but speak no English. Also they had closed the shop for lunch, but left a number on the door. I called and they came, not right over, buy soon enough. I had seen a pair of Icon tarmac gloves on the website I was going to buy, but "mai mee". Tried on an XL pair of Komine. Too small. Don't make an XXL. They did have the coolmax balacavas and a cap, which I wanted, but it was the last one and they wouldnt sell it (?!!!)- dont worry Terry, they had 3 of the balacavas. So I left empty handed. Worth the trip? Yes. Especially if you are looking for a helmet or gloves and have small hands. :o Nice selection of jackets, mostly smaller sizes. Some helmet freshener stuff and chain lube, etc.

Edited by Netfan

I'm looking for gloves also. Did you see the Alpinestars? The Komine ones caught my eye as well.

Any chance of finding the shop on Google Earth/Maps for us?

Tried on an XL pair of Komine. Too small. Don't make an XXL.
Is that what the shop said?  :o

If you look closely at the images on the Gloves page, you can clearly see XXL given as a size option on the Komines.

http://www.pandarider.com/GDR/products_gloves.asp

Good website..

Funny I arranged for the new KBC helmet I bought off of ebay to be sent to Thailand this week.. 46 quid + the purchace price 39 quid .. total so far 85 quid.. Same helmet at Panda is 8500 baht = 180 quid so as long as I don't get stung for tax and duty buying online should be heaps cheaper.. Not expecting too much tax as purchase cost was less than 2000 baht :o ... Here's hoping..

Edited by Pdaz

I'm looking for gloves also. Did you see the Alpinestars? The Komine ones caught my eye as well.

Any chance of finding the shop on Google Earth/Maps for us?

Tried on an XL pair of Komine. Too small. Don't make an XXL.
Is that what the shop said? :D

If you look closely at the images on the Gloves page, you can clearly see XXL given as a size option on the Komines.

Sorry Terry, didnt take a good look at the Alpinstars gloves. You're right about the Komines in 2XL- it was the girl who said they didnt make 'em. :o Maybe Paddock will have them. I hate ordering gloves over the 'net- harder to fit than helmets. The XL Berick gloves they had were too big.

I tried finding it on Google earth / maps - can't find the soi. Its not really a soi, its just a little shophouse row. You go past Kasetsat Uni, then over a khlong, it's just over the bridge on the left, look for the tire shop.

How's the selection/pricing at Panda compared to Paddock for gloves and jackets? Paddock is a lot closer to home but I'd be willing to ride farther if the price or selection at Panda is better.

It's a very small shop- smaller than Fast Corner. They have maybe 1/4 the helmets that Paddock has, a fraction of the gloves. The prices on helmets seem better than Paddock- and they have different brands- KBC, Airoh & Vemar (italian), Premier, along with a couple of Arai and Shoei, AGV. Seemed like a pretty nice selection of jackets, pants, suits but that wasnt what I was there for, so I didnt really pay attention to them.

WoooooHooooo... The HJC Helmet I ordered on Monday just got delivered by DHL..

Tax bill was 1389.00 Baht :D

Original purchase price in UK was 1890.00 Baht :o

Delivery was 2600.00 Baht :D

Total... 5879.00 Baht.. :D

Cost of the same helmet in BKK was between 8500 and 9900 Baht... So a pretty good saving :D

Of course the big difference was that in Bangkok they didn't have either the size or the colour combination I wanted.... So buying from overseas was a bit of a no-brainer really..

I've ordered a sh1tload of bike stuff from the internet over the last few years either picking it up from a UK address of having it sent directly.. There seems to be no rhyme or reason behind how much tax/duty you will pay or whether you will be charged at all... If I had managed to avoid the tax this time I would have made a huge saving but even after paying it I'm ahead around 3000 Baht (no small change with the way the Baht is going right now)

I'm ordering almost everything online now, with the exception of boots and helmets (I took a chance on the Alpinestars gloves.)

Even with delivery charges and customs duty, there's quite a large saving to be had when compared against the silly Bangkok prices and especially with this exchange rate working in our favour.

How do the online stores handle returns incase of a bad fit?

This is the reply I received when I asked an online trader about this.

Shipping Exchanged Goods:

When shipping an item back to us, please take extra precaution to protect the manufacturers packaging. For instance, if you were to ship a pair of boots back to us. Please do not use the manufacturer’s box as the shipping box. Use a postal box to protect your shipment from damage, while it’s being returned to ....

Items must be in new factory condition and returned with the manufacturer's original packaging including tags, labels, plastic bag, box and hanger (if applicable). Items must be returned to us within 10 days of receipt, and the customer is responsible for shipping the item(s) back to us. You will need to contact our customer service department at ..........to obtain an Exchange Authorization Number and an Exchange Form.