Transportation From Hkt To Rawai (friendship Beach)

OKF

Hi@all,

what is the most economic way with taxi or limo for 3 people with 3 suitcases and 3 bags to get from the airport to the hotel. The hotel asks 1500 and a service you can book via internt asks 800. How much would a taxi be or is it better and hassle free to book the service via internet or is theare some better rate somewhere?

Thanks & regards

Oliver

The cheapest way is usually a meter taxi. Pay by meter + 100 baht airport charge. But need to walk to meter taxi booth in middle of car park. I would guess (?) the meter charge about 500 baht.

So, another hotel grossly overcharging unsuspecting tourists for their pick up service.

Name and shame.

We had The BH last week @1400 each way

Any more?

The cheapest way is usually a meter taxi. Pay by meter + 100 baht airport charge. But need to walk to meter taxi booth in middle of car park. I would guess (?) the meter charge about 500 baht.

So, another hotel grossly overcharging unsuspecting tourists for their pick up service.

Name and shame.

We had The BH last week @1400 each way

Any more?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was the hotel mentioned in the title.

To the OP, I would think a max of 600 baht would cover your bill.

Hi@all,

what is the most economic way with taxi or limo for 3 people with 3 suitcases and 3 bags to get from the airport to the hotel. The hotel asks 1500 and a service you can book via internt asks 800. How much would a taxi be or is it better and hassle free to book the service via internet or is theare some better rate somewhere?

Thanks & regards

Oliver

I don't think 800thb is too outrageous for 3 people and six pieces of luggage.

You'd be cramming all that into the metered taxi.

Now, what would be funny, is if the internet service used the metered taxis and pocketed the +200thb.

Much as I dislike the airport limo service, I would guess that for 800 baht or maybe a little less you could probably get one of the Isuzu MU7s that a number of the drivers are now using. If you don't know that is a big 7 seater. They sit outside the terminal so ignore all the touts inside and just go for one of those.

The Meter taxi rank, if you decide on this, is now not in the middle of the car park but on the right as you leave the terminal building.

1400 baht for the hotel service is outrageous and I'm a bit surprised at this price considering I can arrange pickups to Karon (further than Friendship Beach) for 600 baht using a local tour office.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,

jsut to give you soe feedback. Assome sai I went to the Taxi Hut at the airport and enquired for Rawai and the quoted me 500 incl. airport tax. Inside you could book a car for 650. With the 3 of us we just got our luggage into the cab because one suitcase had to go inbetween the the two sitting in the back :-).

Thaks for your advice