Strict Changes In Immigration Office Areas From February 15

In the north it lists Chiang Mai and Chiang Mai Airport. I was aware of only one immigration office in Chiang Mai - that being next to the airport. Is there another one?

The airport office is not an office it is the exit and entry functions only.

You will notice they list those for all the international airports.

The airport office is where I have handled all of my Thai immigration issues - multiple reentry, received the non-resident 'O' visa, and where I am currently on an extension for one month pending the one year extension being granted. So where do I go now (I live out in San Sai) to finish up the non-resident 'O' extension?

Well your list do not display the adress of the Service Office in Ayutthaya ( Pathumthani / Bangpa-In / Ayutthaya )

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well your list do not display the adress of the Service Office in Ayutthaya ( Pathumthani / Bangpa-In / Ayutthaya )

From first post in topic.

Foreigners living in Phatum Thani Province, Nonthaburi Province, Chainat Province, Lopburi Province, Saraburi province, Singburi province, Ayutthaya Province and Angtong province can visit either Ayutthaya Immigration, Chonburi Immigration or Nakhon Pathom Immigration offices.

These were not listed by immigration. Just were mentioned in there memo that went with list.

I went to Korat this morning to apply for my Marriage Extension. My Wife and I had a chat with the Officer and the Captain. They said that as from Monday 16th anyone arriving from outside of Korat Province will be turned away and re directed to the appropriate office. They did not want to do this and were not happy with the rule but had no choice. They suggested letting head office in Bangkok know our feelings.

Lucky I never went on Monday as originally planned

In the north it lists Chiang Mai and Chiang Mai Airport. I was aware of only one immigration office in Chiang Mai - that being next to the airport. Is there another one?

The airport office is not an office it is the exit and entry functions only.

You will notice they list those for all the international airports.

The airport office is where I have handled all of my Thai immigration issues - multiple reentry, received the non-resident 'O' visa, and where I am currently on an extension for one month pending the one year extension being granted. So where do I go now (I live out in San Sai) to finish up the non-resident 'O' extension?

You would still go to the Immigration Office in Chiang Mai next to the International Airport in Chiang Mai. San Sai District is in Chiang Mai provence.

So instead of driving 1,5 hour to Ayutaya, I have to drive 3,5 hrs through the freaking mountains to get to the back of beyond to get my visa?????

My god, they surely know how to make our lives easier. What was wrong with the previous system?

Did the head honcho's sister get dumped by a foreigner and now he holds a grudge against all foreigners in Thailand?

First they're giving away tourist visas for free and now it's back to prehistoric times with the extensions. There are countries around us where you can get your visa through the Internet.

So now, If I want a re-entry I first need to drive 300 kms up north before driving 600 kms south to go to the airport.

TAT was right: Unseen Thailand.

Having just read all of the comments on this I thought I would ring Ayutthaya which would be my nearest office.

They tell me that I cannot do my retirement visa there as they only do sports visas, but other people have said

they have got visas there, so I rung suan phlu and asked them they said that they did not know of any changes

and if I had used them before I should still come to them as my file would be there and if I go to a different office

my file would have to be sent to that office before they could give me a visa. All this was said to me and to my

Thai wife to make sure that I did not hear them wrong, she allso said that she heared the girl ask he boss

to make sure and he said the same and said that we could still do the 90 day report at the one stop shop.

So it looks as if its a case of wait and see what happens, or untill they are all told about it. Tit

So instead of driving 1,5 hour to Ayutaya, I have to drive 3,5 hrs through the freaking mountains to get to the back of beyond to get my visa?????

My god, they surely know how to make our lives easier. What was wrong with the previous system?

Did the head honcho's sister get dumped by a foreigner and now he holds a grudge against all foreigners in Thailand?

First they're giving away tourist visas for free and now it's back to prehistoric times with the extensions. There are countries around us where you can get your visa through the Internet.

So now, If I want a re-entry I first need to drive 300 kms up north before driving 600 kms south to go to the airport.

TAT was right: Unseen Thailand.

You are not he only one.

Best way to make it a once a year trip is to get a multiple re-entry permit when you do your extension. Then do you your 90 day reports by mail.

I think it's making it official what they already have been doing at some immigration offices already.

@ Ubonjoe: Good thinking, I'll get a multiple, will cost me 2000 baht extra but just to be sure in case anything happens.

@ rook: My secretary has been trying to call Suan plu and Ayutthaya all day, but she can't get hold of them. So what happens now. So if your file is still there you can still go to the same office??? You don't need to change?

Having just read all of the comments on this I thought I would ring Ayutthaya which would be my nearest office.

They tell me that I cannot do my retirement visa there as they only do sports visas, but other people have said

they have got visas there, so I rung suan phlu and asked them they said that they did not know of any changes

and if I had used them before I should still come to them as my file would be there and if I go to a different office

my file would have to be sent to that office before they could give me a visa. All this was said to me and to my

Thai wife to make sure that I did not hear them wrong, she allso said that she heared the girl ask he boss

to make sure and he said the same and said that we could still do the 90 day report at the one stop shop.

So it looks as if its a case of wait and see what happens, or untill they are all told about it. Tit

Strict changes in Immigration office areas/locations from February 15

Thank you George, et al for your timely heads-up as I will have needed this info while on the road for the next month.

I second this request for info. Dap

Regarding the problem of opening the PDF file in the OP, it appears that there may be a problem with Internet Explorer (IE), perhaps only some versions of it. George has suggested a solution in this post in this topic:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2529725

Another possibility: if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer or any other PDF reader, you can right-click on the attachment link, save the file to your hard disk and then open the file you have on your hard disk.

Just in case anybody should still have difficulties, I am now going to add the four pages of the PDF document as GIF files to the original post in this topic.

--

Maestro

I have a one year Multi entry O Visa and which requires me to leave the country then re-enter every 90 days. I need to exit by the 17th so have planned a trip to Cambodia but I live in Chiang Rai. Does this news mean I MUST go elsewhere? to Mae Sai maybe? Would they know my address if I showed up near Chanthaburi wanting to re-enter and refuse my entrance?? On this type of visa am I supposed to be reporting my address or is that just for the Visa that you only exit once a year? Thanks for your help, Lee

As far as I know, every entrace and exit point in Thailand will have your info on computer.

The Listing of Regional Offices to be used for reporting, of ??

...Live in Bangkok

.variety of month-to-month, one-year, and 15day-extensions,

...married, with children, but not $$$ to make 'marriage' visa [assets stolen by KBank].

...my Immigration files record this already...it is long as a mystery novel...

...am almost 62yrs with 8yrs in 'T-land'

Thus, ???continue per 15day-extensions???, ???attempt a waiver as crime victim??

or ??? does this listing imply every 15day, report directly to soi suan plu [$$$]???

What 'other' surprises, non-publically announced, is MFA-IBP planning???

Ah, so if you don't get on with the folks in the local immigration office then you are stuffed. All immigration offices are not equal (or fair). So if you can't/refuse to pay the tea money to smooth the way, then you can't go to another office (which does not drink tea) :D

Most unfortunately, yes :o

Have Work Permit 1 yr visa

Have 2 homes one in Pttya other in BKK, Live and work alernately both places

Up to now did 90 day reporting wherever I was at the time, Now ?....

You have two homes, register both, use either Immigration Office. Might work, who knows :o Can't hurt to give a go.

Have Work Permit 1 yr visa

Have 2 homes one in Pttya other in BKK, Live and work alernately both places

Up to now did 90 day reporting wherever I was at the time, Now ?....

You have two homes, register both, use either Immigration Office. Might work, who knows :o Can't hurt to give a go.

Does anybody know where the Singkhon office is? (I'm in Cha-Am)

Hua Hin. Soi 102. If you go anytime between April - October be sure to use a 4-wheel drive vehicle :o the road is semi-paved with pot holes deep enough to swim in.

The Immigration Office in Hua Hin will close permanent from March 20, 2009!

From then on it is back to the old Singkhon office. This is located 20 km south west of Prachuap Khiri Khan and the total distance from Hua Hin is appr. 135 km.

No offence, but it's a pretty useless pdf file isn't it, I mean it doesn't give the locations(addresses) of each relevant office. (Does it?)

Not hardly useless. Ask any school or biz in your area that employs farang and you will learn what immigration office services your area and I can't imagine they wouldn't be kind enough to give you directions as to its whereabouts.

What would happen with my 90 day address reporting due on May 3rd....

I fly to Bali in April,returning on a re-entry permit on 25th April.

Then I am holidaying in Jomtien for 2 weeks returning home on 9th May.

I live in Udon and do my 90 day address reporting in Nong Khai but this time when its due on May 3rd I will be in Jomtien.

Because you leave Thailand before May 3rd you will not have been in Thailand over 90 days since your last address report and you can forget about having to do the report on May 3rd. You next address reprt will be due 90 days after your return to Thailand: arrival in Thailand April 25th, report due on July 24th.

--

Maestro

You are making an assumption about visa type here. I repeat: MY VISA REQUIRES ME TO GO EVERY 90 DAYS IN PERSON, NO EXCEPTIONS.

This rquirement that you must do the 90-day address report in person is very unsual and therefore highly interesting. If you have a scanner, would you please scan and post it here?

--

Maestro

...Chiang Mai can not change your visa to a Non-Immigrant marriage visa. This needs to be done in BKK at the Immigration Bureau...
Same in Samui, they ask you to go to Bangkok for any visa changes, e.g. Tourist to Non-Immigrant, Non-O to Non-B etc as they are not authorised. What happens from Feb 15th?

If your local office does not process certain things can you still go to any other office that does?

From the OP I understand that from Feb 15th all immigration office have to provide all services and will be authorised to do so. Any immigration officer who would refuses to deal with an application would be guilty of dereliction of duty or something like that.

From the original post:

All visa changes, extensions, re-entry permits and other immigration requests are to be handled by the immigration offices in the districts in which the foreigners reside.

These new procedures have not and apparently will not be published but are only an internal guideline within the Immigration Department. Therefore, if your local immigration office refuses to give a certain service you should call immigration head office (the number is 1111, I believe, and ask for immigration), obtain confirmation that the local office must do it, then hand the phone to your local officer to speak to the person at head office.

--

Maestro

You are making an assumption about visa type here. I repeat: MY VISA REQUIRES ME TO GO EVERY 90 DAYS IN PERSON, NO EXCEPTIONS. Please take it offline with PM if you can't fathom this. So this new rule really hurts me quadruple more than people who have a visa like you are talking about.

14 hour drive, 4 times a year. Think of a 14 hour plane ride, that's a long way. These trips will be so wasteful in time and fuel, making me part of Thailand's traffic problem, feeling like an idiot mosying down the road that long for what? Navigating those mountain passes is hairy; you've got 10 wheel trucks doing 20 and pickups doing 120. Around the blind hairpins there is often someone in "your" lane. I am a careful driver, but I recognize this is a hazardous drive. In the US there is a law that truck drivers cannot drive more than 10 hours a day because it impairs judgement. It astonishes me we now we are asked to do 14 hours for this. I am sure there will be accidents due to so many people forced into these long trips into unfamiliar roads and people may die as a result. Some people get enjoyment out of road trips, I don't. I get enjoyment riding my bicycle to get around to have a more eco friendly footprint. Now I am forced to blow 1000km worth of diesel into the air, 4 times a year. Sorry if my assessment is harsh, but this is stupid.

No offence intended "canopy", just curious as to what visa you have that requires an "in person" visit to your immigration office every 90 days? I also ride my bike everywhere and am loathe to use my motocy for your same reasons, and the fact I enjoy riding.

Anybody know the what the rationale is behind these changes ?

Jurisdiction of each Immigration office is one reason.

Since when did Phrao come under the jurisdiction of Fang? I quess that Chiang Mai is trying to reduce their work load. :o

Hi you all Long time not here. The Land of smiles is loosing the attraction for me, but back for a while

I cannot open/see the PDF file can any one help.

I am in Lampang and have been going to CM for years, will that one change?? But reading the posts its hard to see why every one is up in arms. Of course the system is Paper bound and there for it makes sense (well if your thai) to keep to the same office. Well As I say I will be well out of it next year.

Keep going to Chiang Mai as this new ruling will not affect you living in Lampang :o