Strict Changes In Immigration Office Areas From February 15

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Suan Phlu immigration today to report my address, which foreigners are supposed to do every 90 days.

They told me that since the changes came into effect on Feb 15, I can report my address only at the immigration office which issued my visa (a non-immigrant B), which is in Lad Phrao.

An hour earlier, I visited immigration at Klong Toey port, where I have reported my address before. I live close to both Suan Phlu and KT port...the port is usually much quieter, so in the past I have taken my business there rather than Suan Phlu.

Since Feb 15, staff told me, the port office is no longer processing 90-day reporting forms. And as I say, staff at Suan Phlu would not let me do it there, either, as my visa comes from somewhere else.

At both places, staff cited the one-stop-shop concept - which for immigration perhaps means that you can obtain services at one place only, not any services at any office you like, as the name suggests.

I exaggerate - a little. Suan Phlu still sold me a re-entry permit, after a three-hour wait. However, as I say, for 90-day reporting, I now have to visit Lad Prao, which is a long way from where I live. Next year, I might have to see if I can renew my visa at Suan Phlu instead.

Bruce1's post is about an office in the NE with almost the same spelling.

I wonder if somebody at immigration made a mistake when they wrote the memo. I have done searches on this forum and the internet and can find no info for the office mentioned in the memo.

So maybe your wifes contact at immigration is right.

No, as I corrected myself up a bit, I was confusing it (sorry about that) with the Labor office in Nakhon Pathom. I didn't mean Nakhon Phanom at all.

I went to Suan Phlu immigration today to report my address, which foreigners are supposed to do every 90 days.

They told me that since the changes came into effect on Feb 15, I can report my address only at the immigration office which issued my visa (a non-immigrant :o, which is in Lad Phrao.

That's a most unwelcome development. Until now I understood that you could do your 90 days reports anywhere convenient. I was hoping to continue doing my 90 day reports in person in Bangkok (I don't fancy reporting by mail), even if I was sent elsewhere for other visa business.

So it now appears that out-of-towners have to do everything at their assigned office. Can others confirm this?

I visited the Soi Suan Plu Imigration office this morning. there are signs on the window stating that they will only deal with those resident in Bangkok City, and at the information desk they were questioning people as to their residence. The 90 day report window has a sign (only in Thai today) telling anyone living outside Bangkok to go to room 507 to submit the 90 day report. That office told me that non-Bangkok residents can still submit 90 day reports at Suan Plu, but any other business must be done at the office covering the area where you live. In my case it means a trip to Ayuddyha, and they had copies of a map of that office available.

They told me that since the changes came into effect on Feb 15, I can report my address only at the immigration office which issued my visa (a non-immigrant :o , which is in Lad Phrao.

That's a most unwelcome development. Until now I understood that you could do your 90 days reports anywhere convenient. I was hoping to continue doing my 90 day reports in person in Bangkok (I don't fancy reporting by mail), even if I was sent elsewhere for other visa business.

So it now appears that out-of-towners have to do everything at their assigned office. Can others confirm this?

We have one report saying that they will take out of town reports.

Mrentoul's report may only apply for those that can use an office within Bangkok. Plus if he is doing his extension at the one stop in Lad Phrao then he is working for a company with BOI privileges.

It is not the same as for those that live outside of Bangkok.

Not that it will affect me for a few years, since I moved back the U.S. in October, but I did have a retirement visa with my Thai wife and kept it for a few years while living in Chiang Mai because the offices in Chiang Mai issued retirement visas but not marriage visas (I would have had to go to Bangkok for one).  Has this changed?
Chiang Mai issue every kind of extension.
NO, Chiang Mai can not change your visa to a Non-Immigrant marriage visa. This needs to be done in BKK at the Immigration Bureau, or better yet get it before you come to Thailand. Such a pain once you are here and need to do it. I need to go to BKK with my wife soon to do so but they said it "might" take about a week down there. What a joke! My wife has a business in Chiang Mai and we are supposed to go to BKK for a week over this. Unbeleivable!ps: take things you read on here with a grain of salt. I asked on here about the process for getting married and atleast 90% of the info I got was totally incorrect. Call the correct gov't offices yourself to get the correct info, and they also have some confusing info online.

Same in Samui, they ask you to go to Bangkok for any visa changes, e.g. Tourist to Non-Immigrant, Non-O to Non-B etc as they are not authorised. What happens from Feb 15th?

If your local office does not process certain things can you still go to any other office that does?

Perhaps Chiang Mai immigration has changed in the last year, but one year ago I changed from an Non-immigrant 'B' visa to a Non-immigrant 'O' visa at the immigration office located in Chiang Mai. I did not go to Bangkok.

Not that it will affect me for a few years, since I moved back the U.S. in October, but I did have a retirement visa with my Thai wife and kept it for a few years while living in Chiang Mai because the offices in Chiang Mai issued retirement visas but not marriage visas (I would have had to go to Bangkok for one). Has this changed?
Chiang Mai issue every kind of extension.
NO, Chiang Mai can not change your visa to a Non-Immigrant marriage visa. This needs to be done in BKK at the Immigration Bureau, or better yet get it before you come to Thailand. Such a pain once you are here and need to do it. I need to go to BKK with my wife soon to do so but they said it "might" take about a week down there. What a joke! My wife has a business in Chiang Mai and we are supposed to go to BKK for a week over this. Unbeleivable!ps: take things you read on here with a grain of salt. I asked on here about the process for getting married and atleast 90% of the info I got was totally incorrect. Call the correct gov't offices yourself to get the correct info, and they also have some confusing info online.

Same in Samui, they ask you to go to Bangkok for any visa changes, e.g. Tourist to Non-Immigrant, Non-O to Non-B etc as they are not authorised. What happens from Feb 15th?

If your local office does not process certain things can you still go to any other office that does?

Perhaps Chiang Mai immigration has changed in the last year, but one year ago I changed from an Non-immigrant 'B' visa to a Non-immigrant 'O' visa at the immigration office located in Chiang Mai. I did not go to Bangkok.

You did not do a change of visa status. You changed the reason for your extension of stay.

Only visa exempt entries and tourist visas require a change of visa status.

If an office tells you they cannot do it. What they should of said is that they don't want to do it.

All immgration offices are authorized to do a change of visa status.

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer this question but after reading the list of immigration areas I checked my address on the proof of income letter I got two weeks ago from the British Consulate in Pattaya, the last part of my address reads Amphur Sriracha, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chon Buri.

Your address is wrong.

Amhoe Sri Racha has two Tambons, Sri Racha and Surasak.

Banglamung is a separate Amphoe

Just a technicality, but actually Sriracha has 8 tambons with Nong Kham, Khao Khansong, Thung Sukhla, Bang Phra, Bueng, and Bo Win being the other 6 within the amphur of Sriracha.

Bang Lamung is, indeed, a different amphur altogether.

What prompted me to respond is that yesterday, while at Sriracha Immigration, two farang from Bang Lamung were turned away from receiving service there.

Thus, they apparently are enforcing the "use the Immigration Office where you live" dictate.

That, for me, is a good thing as I had noticed a dramatic increase beforehand in the number of non-Sriracha residents utilizing our office which created increased waiting times and grumpier service.

The return to quick and friendly service in our office, like they were yesterday, has occurred. :o

Edited by sriracha john

I think I have been one of the firsts for this "go were you reside" policy. I was shocked and did'nt see anything posted here for about 2 weeks after this new policy. I thought I was just unlucky as usual. So Immigration Bangkok sent me to a office in the North East - I went there to my new "local" office in Feb. I have just been back to my new local immigration office after the 1 month under review stamp is near to a close. This immigration office where I reside is still waiting for the paperwork to come from Bangkok or Korat or something. What has alarmed me is - rather then give a second "under consdieration" stamp as they have done in Bangkok before (even gave me 3 under review stamps one time),- the immigration officer just wrote in pencil a date and her small signiture (in pencil) nothing more nothing less. So I am officially without a official stamp in my passport starting tommorrow. I told the lady 3 times that I want another "under review stamp" becuase I do not want overstay problems. She said don't worry about it every time. She said she can only give 1 under review stamp - no more. Can you imagine me at the airport If I have to emergency leave. Can you say overstay/jail.! Any advice would be welcome. I imagine more and more of you would be having this trouble as your under review stamp comes to exp. I am thinking about asking for a re-entry permit and tell the lady I have some business to do, or going to Bangkok to ask for guideance, or I heard about maybe having my new immigration office issue me a letter authoriseing me to pick up my papers at Soi Suan Plu. I don't like to be a pest at the immigration office, but I am starting to feel my status is ilegal and then I get angry. The pencil date is 13 March so that is only 3 weeks of overstay... 500 Baht x 30 days is 15,000 baht fine. It might be better for me to leave, tell the lady I need to leave.

I think I have been one of the firsts for this "go were you reside" policy. I was shocked and did'nt see anything posted here for about 2 weeks after this new policy. I thought I was just unlucky as usual. So Immigration Bangkok sent me to a office in the North East - I went there to my new "local" office in Feb. I have just been back to my new local immigration office after the 1 month under review stamp is near to a close. This immigration office where I reside is still waiting for the paperwork to come from Bangkok or Korat or something. What has alarmed me is - rather then give a second "under consdieration" stamp as they have done in Bangkok before (even gave me 3 under review stamps one time),- the immigration officer just wrote in pencil a date and her small signiture (in pencil) nothing more nothing less. So I am officially without a official stamp in my passport starting tommorrow. I told the lady 3 times that I want another "under review stamp" becuase I do not want overstay problems. She said don't worry about it every time. She said she can only give 1 under review stamp - no more. Can you imagine me at the airport If I have to emergency leave. Can you say overstay/jail.! Any advice would be welcome. I imagine more and more of you would be having this trouble as your under review stamp comes to exp. I am thinking about asking for a re-entry permit and tell the lady I have some business to do, or going to Bangkok to ask for guideance, or I heard about maybe having my new immigration office issue me a letter authoriseing me to pick up my papers at Soi Suan Plu. I don't like to be a pest at the immigration office, but I am starting to feel my status is ilegal and then I get angry. The pencil date is 13 March so that is only 3 weeks of overstay... 500 Baht x 30 days is 15,000 baht fine. It might be better for me to leave, tell the lady I need to leave.

There has been a recent topic about the under consideration stamp on this forum. This from 2 people who did their applications in Pattaya and immigration would not give them the stamp.

This explanation was given by immigration there. The date on the stamp is the date you are told to report on. If the extension is not approved yet your application is still under consideration and is shown that way in the immigrations computer system. So what they are saying is that it is not a problem.

At least she did an annotation and gave you a new date. That should be good enough.

Unless you did your extension more than 30 days before it was due renewal you cannot even get get a re-entry permit because your extension of stay has ended. I call it a period of limbo until your new extension is stamped in your passport.

I don't know what can be done if a person had to leave in case of an emergency during this limbo period. I think immigration would do something but I have no idea what it would be.

Just check back with immigration in few days to see if it is ready yet.

I don't want to throw a monkey wrench into this discussion, but I'll just relay my story and see what happens. First of all, I live in Nonthaburi. On February 18th, three days after the new changes were in effect, I had to do a change of visa status from tourist to non-imm O retirement visa. Not wanting to travel to Ayuthaya and not even knowing where the immigration office was, I decided to play dumb and go down to Suan Plu to submit my application. I figured that the most that could happen was that I'd be refused and told to go to Ayuthaya. I arrived at about 1 p.m. and walked up to the desk in the lobby where they hand out the queue numbers. There was hardly any line at all. The officer looked at my application and told me to go to room 302. In that room I was given a queue number and was served within ten minutes. After my application form and docs were reviewed I was given a receipt and told to return a week later to get the results. On the appointed day I returned and was handed my new O visa which was valid for three months. The very nice female officer then explained to me that sometime during the third month I should go to room 101 to apply for my one year extension. I then told her that I lived in Nonthaburi and asked her if I should go to Ayuthaya instead. And her answer somewhat astounded me. She said that the Ayuthaya office was only for people who lived in Ayuthaya. She said that since I lived in Nonthaburi, I should go to room 507 to extend my visa. Before I left the building I decided to check out room 507 just to see where it was located. On the door was a sign which said in English "Central Administrative Region" or something to that effect. There was also a list of eight provinces posted over the window on the right which I assume are the provinces which this office serves. They were only written in Thai and the font that they used made them difficult to read, so I could only make out Nonthaburi and Pathum Thani. I didn't go in, but there were people there doing their 90-day reporting. Since I am due to do my 90-day report before I extend my visa, I will address all my extension questions to the officers in that office at that time. I will cross that next bridge when I come to it.

Before I left the building I decided to check out room 507 just to see where it was located. On the door was a sign which said in English "Central Administrative Region" or something to that effect. There was also a list of eight provinces posted over the window on the right which I assume are the provinces which this office serves.

Interesting.

Last week I had to do a 90 day report. I usually go to Suan Phlu but this time I thought I'd try the OneStop office in Lard Prao.

I handed in the form and they established that I live in Nakorn Pathom and was on a retirement extension. A long discussion then ensued between several of the officers as to where I should be sent in future. Both Ayutthaya and Samut Sakorn were mentioned. Eventually an officer completed the paperwork and gave it back to me. She then told me that I should go to Suan Phlu next time, and this is just for a 90 day report!

Hopefully things will have settled down a little by the time I am next due to report.

just to say that I did my 90day report at rasa towers this morning, I normally go there as this is easy for me,

and I asked if this is o/k yes can report any were she said, this comfirms to me what has been

said. I then asked her were I should go for my visa she looked at my stamp and said Suan Phlu room 507,

I said i thought that as I live in pathum thani I should now go to Ayutthaya you can if you want she said,

but as your records are at Suan Phlu it will be easyer there but you must go to room 507 as this is

for the central region of bangkok which covers pathum thani, and not the ground floor were you went before.

and to say that this was the first time of going there that a lady was at the desk and did my form, and the only

time it has ever been filled in compelely, I wait to see about this room 507, I hope this is correct.

I see that somebody already put it on Google maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...&iwloc=addr

--

Maestro

Unfortunately that seems to be the old adress, oposite the airport. The moved to a new location on the outskirt of town, along the 1091.

Coming from Phrea ( the 101) one passes Tesco and the busstation, go straight till the Temple on the left corner at the trafic lights. This should lead to the 1091 and the immigration office is at the right side of the road, just a few hundred meters from the temple.

Has anyone used the ThaLIi office for a Retirement Extension as yet?

It's going to be quite a trip for me soon, possibly needing to overnight in ThaLi or Loei.

Just wondering on the 'reception' there mainly.

Living in Chaiyaphum, Korat was my office of choice last time.

Would it be prudent to contact ThaLi and check if they have received my file from Korat, before venturing out!?

A couple of anomalies in the system raised their head after a visit to Nong Khai Immigration yesterday.

Firstly a friend had no problem doing his 90 day report there even though he lives in the Sakon Nakhon province and according to the new rules should have done it at Nakhon Phanom.

We left there and visited a well known bar where the owner told us he only received a 15 day visa at Swampyvoom last week after flying in from India. What's that all about?

A couple of anomalies in the system raised their head after a visit to Nong Khai Immigration yesterday.

Firstly a friend had no problem doing his 90 day report there even though he lives in the Sakon Nakhon province and according to the new rules should have done it at Nakhon Phanom.

We left there and visited a well known bar where the owner told us he only received a 15 day visa at Swampyvoom last week after flying in from India. What's that all about?

What nationality is the bar owner? I can only think that it was a mistake and he should have questioned it at the tme.

As for the 90 day reports. It is a mess. No one has a clue as to what the rule is.

What nationality is the bar owner? I can only think that it was a mistake and he should have questioned it at the tme.
British, working in India on an R & R rotation roster. I asked him why he didn't question it but as he was on a 2 week break didn't want to create hassles.

Is there an official source on the web to which I can point the people at GoogleMaps for the new address of the Nan immigration office?

--

Maestro

The immigration website still gives the old address and telephone number. I will try to get the correct address later to day.

Is there an official source on the web to which I can point the people at GoogleMaps for the new address of the Nan immigration office?

--

Maestro

The immigration website still gives the old address and telephone number. I will try to get the correct address later to day.

Mario

This should be the Nan tel #: 054-75-039 & 795-009

Mac

As soon as I get the exact coordinates of the new address of the Nan immigration office I will put it on GoogleMaps.

If somebody can pinpoint it exactly on the map, this is what you could do:

1. On GoogleMaps, double-click on the exact spot. This will centre the map on that spot.
  2. Top right of the map, click on “Link”
  3. Copy the highlighted text under “Paste link in email or IM”
  4. Paste that text into your reply in this thread.

I will then extract the coordinates from that text and use them to put a placemark on GoogleMaps.

--

Maestro

List of addresses of immigration offices:

North of Thailand http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=north

North East of Thailand http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=esarn

Central Thailand http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...hp?page=central

Southern Thailand http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=south

If you click on the Blue name of the office it will lead to the website of that office (If they have one).

Note that this list is not completly up to date, so you are always adviced to check it. Nan-immgration for example has moved to a new location.

I then asked her were I should go for my visa she looked at my stamp and said Suan Phlu room 507,

I said i thought that as I live in pathum thani I should now go to Ayutthaya you can if you want she said,

but as your records are at Suan Phlu it will be easyer there but you must go to room 507 as this is

for the central region of bangkok which covers pathum thani, and not the ground floor were you went before.

Thanks for this Rook. As a Pathum-ite I was wondering if Ayutthaya would be a good alternative to the zoo in Suan Plu.

As soon as I get the exact coordinates of the new address of the Nan immigration office I will put it on GoogleMaps.

If somebody can pinpoint it exactly on the map, this is what you could do:

1. On GoogleMaps, double-click on the exact spot. This will centre the map on that spot.
  2. Top right of the map, click on "Link"
  3. Copy the highlighted text under "Paste link in email or IM"
  4. Paste that text into your reply in this thread.

I will then extract the coordinates from that text and use them to put a placemark on GoogleMaps.

--

Maestro

Well, here it is: (the house at 1091)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...mp;t=h&z=18

Seems the address at immigration website is correct:

Nan Immigration Checkpoint117 Moo.4

Tumbol Chaiyasatarn

Amphoe Mueang

Changwat Nan 55000