Wow And Your Isp

Zzinged

Well recently I've been having trouble with TRUE. I'm on the 2mbps plan, and sometimes I get random disconnects. They seem to appear both out of the blue and when onscreen action gets heavy. This is usually WoW only and other applications don't get affected. I can log in again right away after getting disconnected.

I'd like to hear what ISP people are using to play WoW on, and what their service is like. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it doesn't hurt to see how others are getting by :o

Hi there having the same probs never had them b4 till appox 4 weeks ago and I am same 2mg with true the top package. I was begining to think it was my vidio card but if you are gettign the same then its either the server or the new patch thats added more stuff to read example I lag badly when I am in CAPITAL city Dar. Did not b4. Glad to see I am not alone.

You in Bangkok?

Hi there having the same probs never had them b4 till appox 4 weeks ago and I am same 2mg with true the top package. I was begining to think it was my vidio card but if you are gettign the same then its either the server or the new patch thats added more stuff to read example I lag badly when I am in CAPITAL city Dar. Did not b4. Glad to see I am not alone.

You in Bangkok?

Yea I'm in Bangkok. Like I said I usually have this problem in 25man boss fights (but not trash), but never in AV or Dal.

• 2 months later...

@zinged

I'd liek to share with you a few pointers which might be allow you to have some insight to your problem.

Lagging(drop in framerates) in Dalaran is a common problem, while latency relates directly to the connection between your computer to the server, framerates actually relates directly to the memory and speed of your computer (which has nothing to do with your internet connection).

- If your latency lingers between 300-500 on an average, and you lag really bad in densely populated areas like Dalaran = Insufficent memory / Low processor speed / Low end Graphic card of your PC. (This is considered normal, one needs REALLY good processors and like 2-3Gb RAM to experience little to no drop in FR when in Dalaran. As long as your FR hovers above 10-13 in raid environment. You are okay.)

- If latency fails and exceeds 500 on an average, with intermittent disconnections = Bad internet speed/connection

- If you experience both as you mentioned, Decide which you'd wanna work on with. Usually I'd recommend having to meet at least 500 latency (allow 700 to be the red line), then if that is met go on to check that you have a minimum of 10-12 FR in 25 man raid contents as a priority. Lagging in Dalaran is really okay.