Rain Soon In Cm Fingers Crossed

sendbaht

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed the flying ant thingys too. I guess they are a general sign of rain right? Good news for sure. Hopefully will have a lovely clear sky afterwards?

Yes, usually it clears the air. However I have to say it's not exactly a huge downpoor.. Still, it'll be better than nothing.

Hot and humid in the afternoon and early evening. Morning was wonderful ...... nonetheless eagerly waiting for that much desired rain shower, although no flying ants here :o .....

Very much enjoying:

post-27646-1237214598_thumb.jpgpost-27646-1237214741_thumb.jpgpost-27646-1237214807_thumb.jpgpost-27646-1237214893_thumb.jpgpost-27646-1237215291_thumb.jpgpost-27646-1237215342_thumb.jpgpost-27646-1237215408_thumb.jpgpost-27646-1237215466_thumb.jpg

Last night I stepped out on the front porch to feed the dog and ran smack into a mass of them though they were much smaller then normal.

Termites not ants. The small ones with a black back and a white belly. They invaded my bedroom while I was watching a movie.

Today we had 3 maybe 4 drops of rain around 8:00 PM

Edited by adjan jb

I can smell rain in the centre of Chiang Mai , so where's the rain??

Yeah, you are right, I smelled it, too, but the smell of rain is fairly typical of this stage of the seasonal cycle. To actually have a "decent" rain at this point would be highly unusual. Hang on for a couple of weeks!

Priceless. we would appreciate it if you would provide apropriate rainfall charts beyond the run-of-the-mill climographs. I am certain you can also improve upon those with additional data.

I can smell rain in the centre of Chiang Mai , so where's the rain??

A plane passed over twice within 5-10 minutes late this afternoon. I was hoping it was the "special" rain-making one, for at least some temporary relief.

What will it take?? I am glad Thai Air is making cancellations. Perhaps hitting the hip pocket nerve is what is needed. But, I am sorry to say, I do not live in hope. Call me a cynic :o .

I was quite ill today.

This whole situation is clearly (! we wish! ) insane.

For those with congested lungs (normal protective reaction of the body but one which can, of course, cause breathing difficulties and even resultant strain on the heart in healthy people), get yourself an expectorant (cough up the mucus) medicine. The pharmacy staff hereabouts seem familiar with what it is you might be looking for.

Don't get a purely anti-tussive (stop the cough) medicine. You need to cough the mucus up.

There are various combinations of expectorant and anti-tussive medicine available.

Take any cough medicine cautiously; they can produce some odd "high" effects.

The best expectorant I ever used was "senega & ammonia", prepared by a chemist/pharmacist. Thirty minutes and you needed to take care when speaking. If anyone knows a place which can prepare this here, please post details.

A plane passed over twice within 5-10 minutes late this afternoon. I was hoping it was the "special" rain-making one, for at least some temporary relief.

The cloud seeding or rain making aircraft will not be attempting to incite the clouds to drop their moisture over the towns for your comfort and relief. They plan to produce the rain over catchment areas where it will eventually end up in reservoirs. The procedure will only work if the right type of cloud is in the area.

The cloud seeding or rain making aircraft will not be attempting to incite the clouds to drop their moisture over the towns for your comfort and relief. They plan to produce the rain over catchment areas where it will eventually end up in reservoirs. The procedure will only work if the right type of cloud is in the area.

Well if they get the rain from over CM at the momen into the catchment they can probably sell the "water" to chemical factories to mine the chemicals from it.

Well if they get the rain from over CM at the momen into the catchment they can probably sell the "water" to chemical factories to mine the chemicals from it.

:D

(Don't you scare yourself a little when you think that way :o ?)

A plane passed over twice within 5-10 minutes late this afternoon. I was hoping it was the "special"

What will it take?? Call me a cynic :o .

This whole situation is clearly insane.

I know...

Knaw on their skulls kinda insane, I got my tin foil hat on right away.

I have not seen 'em since. ( never under estimate the power of the foil..stops those police tracking beams, if ya filled out one of those forms, they know who you are! )

No moisture up in my woods as of yet, but seemed as though the air is somewhat cleaner and motivated me enough to go out for a run. The air sacks did well.

Slightest of sprinkles in Chang Kien. Hubby and I were out in the sala..."do you hear that? Is that raindrops? It IS raindrops!"...30 seconds later...done.

5 drops of rain last night in Hang Dong.Made the mistake of bringing a huge load of washing in and that put paid to that. Today, however, a unexplained large number of lizards ,big and small, scurrying around. Do they know something we dont ?