Visa Run To Cam Border

colfergie

Had this on the visa section but got no responses so decide to move it here to see if anyone can advise as we intend to go this Sunday:

My G/F is French and the time has come for her to do a visa run. As we are new here (arrived in Jan) and are living in Rayong Pattaya, we would like to ask a couple of questions in connection with the visa runs:

1. What are the place along the Cambodia border that one can go to ??

2. Is it safe to do it by car ??

3. Are these border crossings open on Sundays, and if so which one's ??

4. Would you recommmend a visa service instead of going and trying to do it by yourself ??

Any addtional information would help.

The plan is to drive up on a Sunday with the G/F and then she will do the crossing and I will wait on the Thai side as I have work visa. Do not know if OK to do this at all and if safe to do so with multiple entry 1 year visa, especially with the new regulations.

You can go to Aranyaprathet (Sa Kaeo Province )... but thats horrible

or you can go to Pong Nam Ron border crossing (Chanthaburi province )

which is starting to get like Aranyaprathet but still much better.

Yes you can go buy car..but unless you have Satnav I would not recomend it, I drove once and got quite lost

arrived at the border just before it closed it was a very nerve racking experience to say the least.

Yes they are open on Sundays.

Would recomend you use a visa run service at least for the first time.

Do not know if OK to do this at all and if safe to do so with multiple entry 1 year visa, especially with the new regulations

What new regulations ???

Most Visa Run Services charge around 2000bt which includes everything also lunch, and as you say that only your G/F needs to cross the border then you will only be charged around 1000bt to go along with her.

Therefore it would'nt be much of a saving if you were to do it all yourselves as you will be charged a fee from local agents at the crossing to do all the paperwork for you and it's not an easy place to find if you don't know the way.