Ready To Tear The Country Apart

sabaijai

If you believe DStaion, Koo, ASTV, Manager.com, you believe anything.

Look, a pig just flew over the moon.

If you have lots of time and nothing to read, try The Sun too. Avoide the tasteless page 3 however.

I know from several sources other than Manager online that Thaksin actually planned to bring in armed thugs from the countryside to confront PAD protesters. Actually it was Newin's idea. That failed since he was thrown out from power instead by Gen Sondhi.

This time is no different. The redshirts have been challenging the government for weeks. They are trying to instigate the fight. They even tipped out the foreign media that Thai government could take actions against them at any time. The government knows about this, that's why they don't fall into the trap. Once the first gunfire breaks, you would see his thugs turn loose. Abhisit's government don't want violence, it's Thaksin who desparately wants violence or something to happen that could help him turn things around. This is his last bet.

You seems to know a lot. Yet you are a newbie with only 2 post. I think I can guess what's your previous log-in name.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You seems to know a lot. Yet you are a newbie with only 2 post. I think I can guess what's your previous log-in name.

It matters to you I only have 2 posts? I came across this forum recently because the Nation web board just disappeared. I’m mostly a lurker here. I’m Thai. That means I have more access to several Thai sources more than you foreigners here.

It matters to you I only have 2 posts? I came across this forum recently because the Nation web board just disappeared. I’m mostly a lurker here. I’m Thai. That means I have more access to several Thai sources more than you foreigners here.

And a welcomed addition to the Forum...

:o:D

I know from several sources other than Manager online that Thaksin actually planned to bring in armed thugs from the countryside to confront PAD protesters. Actually it was Newin's idea. That failed since he was thrown out from power instead by Gen Sondhi.

Isn't it funny that Newin's thugs and PAD thugs are now supporting the same government? :o

i dont like the title of this topic. it comes from the anti thaksin newspaper "the nation"

it should be changed. it implies the Thaksin and the reds are "ready to tear the country apart"

when in fact it was the yellows who divided the country and left the reds with the short end of the stick.

Thaksin may have split the country by his actions and inactions in 2006 but it was the yellows who really tore the country apart.

It matters to you I only have 2 posts? I came across this forum recently because the Nation web board just disappeared. I'm mostly a lurker here. I'm Thai. That means I have more access to several Thai sources more than you foreigners here.

Manager online and ASTV are not valid sources.

Even though the poster didn't mention ASTV at all, both are as valid as many other source cited on the board, eg. quotes of D Station or references citing New Mandala, Bangkok Pundit, et al.

All media input is welcomed.

Just as in any situation, it is upon the reader to sort out what is what.

i dont like the title of this topic.[/b][/u] it comes from the anti thaksin newspaper "the nation"

it should be changed.[/b][/u] it implies the Thaksin and the reds are "ready to tear the country apart"

when in fact it was the yellows who divided the country and left the reds with the short end of the stick.

Thaksin may have split the country by his actions and inactions in 2006 but it was the yellows who really tore the country apart.

who's calling for a Revolution????

the thread sounds very appropriately titled...

Edited by sriracha john

'Time is past' for talks with government

Ex-prime minister warns of revolution 'by the people'

Ousted expremier Thaksin Shinawatra last night ruled out the possibility of talks with the government, saying that it was too late.

"The time for talks has passed. This matter is not about me; it's about the country, democracy and the future of our children and grandchildren," he told his red clad supporters through a video linkup during their gathering outside Government House.

He instead warned the government of a "people's revolution".

Thaksin also called on people who want "true democracy and justice in Thailand" to take part in a gathering of the "red shirts" next Wednesday (April 8) at the Royal Plaza.

He advised those in the provinces who are unable to join the rally in Bangkok to protest at the local provincial halls.

He expected to see "a revolution by the people" that is larger than the ones in October 1973 and May 1992.

Thaksin also rejected rumours that he had been arrested and was killed after his nightly speech disappeared for two consecutive days.

"I was absent to hear what people said [about his previous speeches]," he said. "I am still fine."

The exleader blamed Thailand's frequent military coups and a "lack of true democracy" for the country's poor competitiveness against other countries.

He said the Thai politics now is dominated by aristocrats and the Bangkok middle class, and "not truly for the people".

There were interruptions throughout his speech last night, during the broadcast through the satellitebased D Station television and its website.

Meanwhile a privy councillor accused Thaksin of trying to overthrow the monarchy.

Privy councillor General Pichitr Kullavanijaya called on the authorities to take action, saying that the government was "a bit too slow" in dealing with the matter.

The rare political remark by the privy councillor came as the ruling Democrat Party expected Thaksin to tone down his attacks on certain royal advisers following a meeting with someone he respects.

Democrat Party deputy spokesman Boonyod Sukthinthai said yesterday that the political situation would improve because Thaksin had listened to a senior figure he deeply respects.

Boonyod said he had received reliable information that Thaksin was about to meet that person in a European country. The exleader had left Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, where he has lived in exile, on Thursday night.

The Democrat spokesman said Thaksin was expected to tone down his aggressiveness in future addresses to his redshirt supporters. In his previous addresses through a video linkup, Thaksin repeatedly attacked Privy Council president General Prem Tinsulanonda and another privy councillor, General Surayud Chulanont, accusing them of political intervention and masterminding the 2006 coup that overthrew his government.

According to Boonyod, the person Thaksin was to meet is a former ambassador in his 80s, who is a distant relative and has been close to Thaksin's family for generations.

Pichitr, the privy councillor, said during a function at the Defence Ministry yesterday that he thought Thaksin acted in contempt of His Majesty the King when he said in his speech that he would act whatever the King would "whisper in my ear". Pichitr said it was improper to make such a remark.

The privy councillor also said he had learned from former American ambassador Ralph Boyce that Thaksin had a bank account on the Cayman Islands, which is known as a major haven for money laundering. He called on authorities to look into the matter.

"He was in office for five to six years and he had as much as 100 Billion Baht in deposits. Just think about it," Pichitr said.

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban said yesterday that he would look into the suspicion of money laundering regarding Thaksin.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said that he and his government were ready to hold talks with Thaksin in order to ease the political tension caused by the ongoing rally by the redclad supporters of the exleader.

Speaking from London, Abhisit said that he expected the offer would help the country move on. He added that the move was based mainly on the national interest. He was speaking at the side of the G20 summit of major economies.

Deputy Premier Suthep, who on Wednesday extended an olive branch to Thaksin, reiterated yesterday that he was ready to be engaged in a talk with the ex-leader.

Thaksin's personal spokesman Pongthep Thepkanchana said yesterday that the former prime minister was willing to hold a talk with Suthep. But Theptai Senapong, Abhisit's spokesman, said he would be convinced only when that offer came from Thaksin's mouth.

- The Nation / 2009-04-04

i dont like the title of this topic.[/b][/u] it comes from the anti thaksin newspaper "the nation"

it should be changed.[/b][/u] it implies the Thaksin and the reds are "ready to tear the country apart"

The Thai people.

Even though the poster didn't mention ASTV at all, both are as valid as many other source cited on the board, eg. quotes of D Station or references citing New Mandala, Bangkok Pundit, et al.

All media input is welcomed.

Just as in any situation, it is upon the reader to sort out what is what.

Both Bangkok Pundit and New Mandala articles (comments only when the comments are from known and identified people) have reached the status of valid sources.

New Mandala is owned by two respected academics, and it's guest articles are mostly by people known and respected for their expertise in their relevant fields. Of course some of the people making comments are they usual mixture, but they also include people like Chris Baker and Jonathan Head, and many other well known academics and journalists.

Bangkok Pundit is read and discussed by professionals, that includes people in politics, the media and scholars.

Both have been cited and quoted from in several research papers.

The Thai people.

Thaksin is Thai, I'll give you that.

Both Bangkok Pundit and New Mandala articles (comments only when the comments are from known and identified people) have reached the status of valid sources.

New Mandala is owned by two respected academics, and it's guest articles are mostly by people known and respected for their expertise in their relevant fields. Of course some of the people making comments are they usual mixture, but they also include people like Chris Baker and Jonathan Head, and many other well known academics and journalists.

Bangkok Pundit is read and discussed by professionals, that includes people in politics, the media and scholars.

Both have been cited and quoted from in several research papers.

Let's get this straight on our sources. New Mandela is an academic weblog on mainland southeast Asia that was co-founded in June 2006 by Dr. Andrew Walker and Nicholas Farrelly, a doctoral candidate. On New Mandela, there is nothing hidden. If you want to discuss something with Walker or Farrelly, their email addresses are included. New Mandela is a valid source. You can always identify quotes, thoughts and ideas to their original sources.

Bangkok Pundit is a collection of news reports that have already been printed elsewhere. This makes it a valuable research tool, but nothing more. I have referred to this website several times on TV, but only because of the research done on a given article. Nobody (I know) walks around actually quoting Bangkok Pundit directly. Doing this would be like quoting Batman.

Certainly was nice to see Abhisit up there with Obama, Brown, etc... Looked great and projected an image of the leader that Thailand needs. Would you rather have had Charlerm, Somchai, Samak, Surayud, Thaksin, or any of the the parade of favorites up there?

Samak and Obama - Oh the Humanity....

Charlerm and Gordon Brown - Sounds good doesn't it?

Who would you rather see representing the country. Do you really want Charlerm in charge? I have never heard any TV red shirt answer that question. They avoid, sidestep, dance around, mumble, everything accept answer that question. Is Charlerm the man Thailand needs as a leader? Because that is the only other choice at the moment.

Answer that question.

nevertheless, Abhisit is the a very good man but controlled too much by the elites.

he is not what the country needs at the moment. What the country needs is an election, and for all thai people to respect the collective will of the thai people.

Personally i would prefer yingluck over charlem, or Abhisit majority under a clean election as long as he is not working for the yellows or military.

essentially, whatever person comes to power as a result of the election is what the Thai people deserve.

Certainly was nice to see Abhisit up there with Obama, Brown, etc... Looked great and projected an image of the leader that Thailand needs. Would you rather have had Charlerm, Somchai, Samak, Surayud, Thaksin, or any of the the parade of favorites up there?

Samak and Obama - Oh the Humanity....

Charlerm and Gordon Brown - Sounds good doesn't it?

Who would you rather see representing the country. Do you really want Charlerm in charge? I have never heard any TV red shirt answer that question. They avoid, sidestep, dance around, mumble, everything accept answer that question. Is Charlerm the man Thailand needs as a leader? Because that is the only other choice at the moment.

Answer that question.

nevertheless, Abhisit is the a very good man but controlled too much by the elites.

he is not what the country needs at the moment. What the country needs is an election, and for all thai people to respect the collective will of the thai people.

Personally i would prefer yingluck over charlem, or Abhisit majority under a clean election as long as he is not working for the yellows or military.

essentially, whatever person comes to power as a result of the election is what the Thai people deserve.

Fresh elections will result in the same as we currently have (except the Dems and Bhummy will pick up even more seats, because Newin is getting his groove back), except that we'll have 4 months of 0 progress, during the worst economic recession in 70 years. Yes, that sounds like exactly what the country needs. :o

However, Abhisit has come to power as a result of the past election. He formed a coalition after 2 failed attempts by PPP to govern. How many more chances would you give to those idiots? How much further would you have the country sink?

I give you props for responding, even though you sidestepped my question yet again. The question is Abhisit or Charlerm. Those are the only two choices, and would be the only two choices in the next election, if it were held any time this year. Yingluck as nominee would result in the total collapse of PTP, as the factions not supporting Thaksin will have a tearful reunion with Newin.

Actually, maybe we should have elections! The total relegation of the PTP to the dustbin of history, and enjoying Thaksin's last gasp (well, we are enjoying that currently), would be good entertainment. As a last aside, there is nothing childish about mc4. mc2 assumes that logic and natural law is involved (mass x speed of light squared). Since logic doesn't seem to be at play here, the name stands :D .

Edited by Lite Beer

In many ways it doesnt matter what we mostly foreigners argue on here. It looks like with the rejection of talks things are coming to a head that could be very nasty and the Thai people will have some choices to make. Thai politcs often has unpredictable endings so anything could actually happen. Thuis does though seem to be heading towards a train wreck but of what kind we dont know yet.

In many ways it doesnt matter what we mostly foreigners argue on here. It looks like with the rejection of talks things are coming to a head that could be very nasty and the Thai people will have some choices to make. Thai politcs often has unpredictable endings so anything could actually happen. Thuis does though seem to be heading towards a train wreck but of what kind we dont know yet.

If any violence ensues, it will be because of the reds instigation, and any following or loyalty they enjoy will quickly evaporate.

If any violence ensues, it will be because of the reds instigation, and any following or loyalty they enjoy will quickly evaporate.

the military are itching for any excuse for a brutal crackdown in order to stop this peoples movement. they just need justification in the public and international eye.

wouldnt suprise me if they plant a few violent instigators in the reds, initiate violent confrontation, deliberately escalate it, and provoke a brutal response that shuts down the protesters or seriously damages them., and then place the blame on the reds.

Edited by mc2

the military are itching for any excuse for a brutal crackdown in order to stop this peoples movement. they just need justification in the public and international eye.

wouldnt suprise me if they plant a few violent instigators in the reds, initiate violent confrontation, deliberately escalate it, and provoke a brutal response that shuts down the protesters or seriously damages them., and then place the blame on the reds.

I would say there almost certainly are people in the military who want to put the reds down. I would also say there are almost certainly people on the red side who want to see violence against them. These on either side may not be a majority but it is an explosive mixture especially when throwing a march to Prem's house into the equation. Agent provocateurs could be used too by either side.

It matters to you I only have 2 posts? I came across this forum recently because the Nation web board just disappeared. I'm mostly a lurker here. I'm Thai. That means I have more access to several Thai sources more than you foreigners here.

good post sireenat

the reply to you is a standard thaivisa repost when an argument is being lost. facts are not allowed to cloud the issue here. however that doesnt mean i agree with you

Edited by caf

I would say there almost certainly are people in the military who want to put the reds down. I would also say there are almost certainly people on the red side who want to see violence against them. These on either side may not be a majority but it is an explosive mixture especially when throwing a march to Prem's house into the equation. Agent provocateurs could be used too by either side.

The Grand Master's latest indirect call for violence (revolution) says it all!

:

Shinawatra last night ruled out the possibility of talks with the government, saying that it was too late.

"The time for talks has passed. This matter is not about me; it's about the country, democracy and the future of our children and grandchildren," he told his red clad supporters through a video linkup during their gathering outside Government House.

He instead warned the government of a "people's revolution".

Thaksin also called on people who want "true democracy and justice in Thailand" to take part in a gathering of the "red shirts" next Wednesday (April 8) at the Royal Plaza.

Source:

He calls for "a revolution by the people" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the safety of his self chosen exile....that is the stuff heros are made from.

Edited by Samuian

To be honest I think it will all end with nothing happening again .... the status quo will continue I think. Toxin will never be able to gather enough muscle. The military could never get away with a bloodbath no matter how much they wish for it.

My prediction is that April 8th will be a big demonstration, maybe 25.000 or so and after that it will die down. The country will stay split but everyone will go home after that and celebrate Songkran.

But just like all the previous buildups over the past 3 years, no huge battles will come from this. And I am glad for it ...

W

He calls for "a revolution by the people" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the safety of his self chosen exile....that is the stuff heros are made from.

Funny how the majority of the polls (ABAC, Dusit, etc.) indicate that no one wants a change in government now. I wonder which "people" Thaksin is referring to?

I'm glad you brought that point up. I'm sure some of his loyal pawns must be thinking about this, too. Nice to see it put down in words, for people to contemplate.

Hopefully, some of those people will realize, that 500 Baht per day, is a very low reward for risking (and quite likely) loosing their lives, for some guy who is calling the shots and is hiding in another country, while

he expects his pawns to fight.

Thaksin keeps making references to himself riding in with the masses, but of course everyone knows, that this is all bull*&^%, provided for gullable pawns, in order to get a few more to come to Bangkok. When the time comes, Thaksin will be sitting in a safe, in a luxurious setting somewhere in another country, watching to see what happens.

By the way, I am still waiting for Koo's (or anyone elses pictures) from yesterday. I am still waiting to see the 300,000 red demonstrators, who are supposed to be at government house already, when news reports said 1500 and Government house and another 1000 or so at the Duty Free. Please do take pictures, Koo and please don't forget to count them this time ;-)

Funny how the majority of the polls (ABAC, Dusit, etc.) indicate that no one wants a change in government now. I wonder which "people" Thaksin is referring to?

Scratch me head.... scratch, scratch, scratch... nothin' comes up either! :o

Maybe referring to his Muppett-Show the UDD and another Black-Magic event, some sourcerers, some black chicken essence and power will return to him -MAYBE, but hope that things will turn in his favor may be the only olive-twig keeping this guy sane - if he hasn't lost the plot since long...

Can't anyone give him a friends advice to go sailing, play with Lydia and "let it be"..... there are the Bahamas, Cook Islands, Bermuda, Trinidad, heavens, plenty a beautiful places to spend money and have a good times -endlessly - why would someone waste his life on such unrewarding nonsense and try forever, and ever and ever - why?

Can't be ego alone, or is it?

Edited by Samuian

If Army top people orders the violence to the reds, what are the reasons? For standing on the street clapping the plastic tin and plastic heart?

Yellows blocking Government House and airports are still free so why must the reds worry?

You must come there to see for yourself how many reds on the 8th. You won't believe my number so I don't have to post.

Or, to make you happy, now there are 25 people at GH and there will be 55 people on the 8th.