State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police fail to convince protesters to move gas truck

Police's attempt to convince red shirted protesters to move away gas truck from Din Daeng area failed Monday at about 2.37pm.

People living in the area were seen running away from the scene as the protesters reportedly soaked a cloth with oil.

A reporter at the scene reported that he saw the protesters beat Din Daeng residents.

we saw this sort of stuff in the LA Riots.

Difference is basically none of the protesters come from Bangkok, and so they don't need to care about the s&*tstorm they create here; that much was obvious driving around and on the skytrain last couple of days.

Also...end result of the LA Riots we didn't see the crips and bloods running the state either.

It is amusing watching the apologists struggle to explain how this thuggery is somehow democracy at work and somehow defensible to threaten innocent home owners with fires etc; have no doubt it is true having seen personally the intimdation of the reds; many who now are covering their faces to get away with (close on) murder.

I remember the LA riots well..I was working in Culver City when everything started to burn. I was...and still am afraid that it could happen here.

That gas tanker in Din Daeng I'm told is stuffed with gas soaked rags...Thats according to my wifes translation.

I am just back from Pratunam and Makkasan intersections.

It's amazing how much interruptions so few people can cause.

Sorry for linking to a blog for photos, but this is the quickest way I can share them. There will be more photos added later on.

(the blog is ad free)

http://nosoundtheory.wordpress.com/

The boss is on a very low budget.

So, if few people can create the interruptions, he is more than evilly happy hiding in some dark corners smirking away! :o

We have some confirmed red supportes on this forum particularly one called Koo, wondered if you are on the payrole?

I have followed this on this forum and on TV and I can see with my own eyes what the reds are up to.

Koo you have a lot of explaining to do to justify what I am seeing, start with the car you lot thought the PM was in in Pattaya, it is peacful protest to smash the car and injure the driver and the driver of another car, Right?

Then there is the kidnap of one of the PM's men who was obviously bashed, saw the blood on TV, must have done it to himself, the reds would never do something like that.

I see someone, assumed red, shooting at the army and them returning fire and a molotov coctail thrown by reds at the army and police, peaceful protest again right?

Hijack of buses and gas tankers all perfectly within the law right?

Then there are the fires that have been set, saw one bus on fire on TV, must have been the army that did that, reds would never do such a thing, right?

As I write this they are showing on TV more buses set on fire and a bus they have parked next to one of the gas tankers that they are attempting to set on fire, seems they have opened a tap on the gas tank so it will explode easier. And all that next to a big block of flats full of people who cant get out.

Looks like all the leaders have dived for cover and what we have left are small groups of out of control hard line commies and rent a mob thugs who are enjoying the opportunity to do as they please.

According to the hospitals there are about 70 hurt, so far none dead, although reds are saying many of there ranks are dead, hospitals also said there are many more police and army injured than reds, must be beating each other up right Koo?

Oh and who chose the shirt colour? my bet the commies.

It is amusing watching the apologists struggle to explain how this thuggery is somehow democracy at work and somehow defensible to threaten innocent home owners with fires etc; have no doubt it is true having seen personally the intimdation of the reds; many who now are covering their faces to get away with (close on) murder.

I totally agree with your comments.

it started as a peaceful protest, blocking high profile targets like the yellows once did, however, many reds were attacked and some killed, now they are an angry mob.

if someone killed your buddy, of course your going to be angry

it started as a peaceful protest, blocking high profile targets like the yellows once did, however, many reds were attacked and some killed, now they are an angry mob.

The yellows had people killed as well. It did not spark this kind of outright voilence.

And your answer to the voilence against the reds is for the reds to come back with voilence? Gondi and Budha would be proud :o

Police fail to convince protesters to move gas truck

Police's attempt to convince red shirted protesters to move away gas truck from Din Daeng area failed Monday at about 2.37pm.

People living in the area were seen running away from the scene as the protesters reportedly soaked a cloth with oil.

A reporter at the scene reported that he saw the protesters beat Din Daeng residents.

it keeps getting uglier and uglier, I hope some one takes controll of this mess sooner than later.

I think everyone should step down and FRESH elections should be held.... But will it really solve anything? or just prolong this ongoing 60year battle?

i think fresh elections will put an immediate end to the chaos. the reds, have pretty much had their say, so have the yellows, I think that is the two main pressure groups of Thailand, now its time for the people to have their say.

Abhisits puppet masters .... are the stubbon ones, who don't give a fukc about this country.

the army will never be able to control the reds, they will mushroom up from all parts of the country and conduct gurillea style civil disobedience.

some of their brothers have been killed, many are injured.

The quicker fresh elections are held.... the better

Wow,what a day in our neighborhood! I live on Soi Sri Ayutthaya 2 (nearer Soi Ragnam than Soi Ayutthaya). Our neighborhood seems to be the center of the battle today. All day we've watched the troops slowly advance down Ratchaprarop while protesters throw things at them, set buses on fire, etc. The troops actually advanced to the end of our little alley/soi (about 100 of 'em). They later retreated when some reds set a bus on fire in front of our corner gas station. Everyone keeps walking to the end of the soi, including a lot of red shirted people, and peaking around the corner at the armed soldiers staring everyone down. Occasionally there is the sound of gunfire and everybody starts running away! These mass panics where everyone runs away from the Army keeps reoccuring.

Crazy!

UN refers to Thai police as the biggest organized criminal gang on the planet.

Where was this?

One-click away on google......

http://ratchasima.net/2008/03/30/thailands...als-are-police/

http://www.uncjin.org/Documents/Convention...vention_eng.pdf

Shhhh dont tell my Thai Police friends I told you

Rgds,

Andy McNabb :D

:o The UN never said the Thai Police is the biggest organized criminal gang on the planet. It is a conclusion drawn from what the UN considers organized crime.

Edited by jbhh

Wow,what a day in our neighborhood! I live on Soi Sri Ayutthaya 2 (nearer Soi Ragnam than Soi Ayutthaya). Our neighborhood seems to be the center of the battle today. All day we've watched the troops slowly advance down Ratchaprarop while protesters throw things at them, set buses on fire, etc. The troops actually advanced to the end of our little alley/soi (about 100 of 'em). They later retreated when some reds set a bus on fire in front of our corner gas station. Everyone keeps walking to the end of the soi, including a lot of red shirted people, and peaking around the corner at the armed soldiers staring everyone down. Occasionally there is the sound of gunfire and everybody starts running away! These mass panics where everyone runs away from the Army keeps reoccuring.

Crazy!

Please stay inside. :o

Yes very angry but I don't think that I would try to endanger the lives of everyone who did not feel that the death of my buddy was in part his fault for joining a protest that everyone involved on every side thought might turn a BIT NASTY. I have only herd and seen the puppet masters shouting the odds at the gathered mob and whipping up a frenzy of hatered. everything seems to be the fault of others. Call an election, for what! I have not heard the alternative policy just abuse of the present leader and his mistakes whether true or not it realy does sound like a bunch of radicals with no forward plan for thier beloved country except to destroy it. (this is only my opinion and not nessesaraly fact up to you to agree or dissagree)

Where was this?

Rgds,

Andy McNabb :o

... err ... neither of these links supports the original statement. One is an opinion piece which suggests that certain incidents could be interpreted to mean that the police would qualify under the text of the Convention Against Transnational Organized Crime. Even though my browser is having trouble opening the other link at the moment, it would appear to be the text of the Convention, which does not mention the Thai police

By all means, but if you don't want to appear foolish, do your research before you comment. "Google Shinawatra & Damapong" and open a beer....

SeriThai what does Shinawatra & Damapong have to do with Rainmans squeky clean picture???

My understanding was that he was suggesting Mr and Mrs T worked their way up from the rice paddies like Chai Chidchob :o

As my mother-in-law used to opine: "Say what you like about the Krays but they kept the streets safe and they loved their Mother." :D

the army will never be able to control the reds, they will mushroom up from all parts of the country and conduct gurillea style civil disobedience.

no mc2 you are incorrect. Not all parts of the country. There is, in fact, a great swathe of area that does not support Thakin, or the red shirts at all.

Yes, remember that what goes up, invariably comes back down again. Those bullets over head are operating within the laws of gravity, which nature enforces very strictly, even in Thailand where other laws are often left by the wayside.

HG

no mc2 you are incorrect. Not all parts of the country. There is, in fact, a great swathe of area that does not support Thakin, or the red shirts at all.

you are right sbk. there probably wont be much civil disobedience in the south , more likely in pro thaksin strongholds.

still, with enough financing, anything is possible.

after all, bkk is more or less democrat area ... and plenty of civil disobedience there

Edited by mc2

Are they are firing live bullets at there own people?

and if so how can it be there is nobody dead?

I'm told some of those instances involved the use of blanks...a tool to frighten. I don't know thats the case overall.

Supreme Commander said that all vehicles returning from the provinces will be searched for weapons.

I am pretty sure they are using rubber bullets, and they are firing over their heads, not into the crowds. Dan Rivers reports that they are using the water cannons and tear gas liberaly.

Where was this?

Rgds,

Andy McNabb :o

... err ... neither of these links supports the original statement. One is an opinion piece which suggests that certain incidents could be interpreted to mean that the police would qualify under the text of the Convention Against Transnational Organized Crime. Even though my browser is having trouble opening the other link at the moment, it would appear to be the text of the Convention, which does not mention the Thai police

Yes it's an opinion piece based on the definitions in the UN convention and I'd say that's where the Ovenmans source came from.

I'm quite happy to stand up in court (for b500) and say it's all scurillous and unfounded rumour if pressed on the matter. And I'm sure Dr Police Colonel the Rt Hon Thaksin Shinawatra OBE KSC VC would back me up on that along with his hero Police General Phao Sriyanond, were he not drinking brandy in the 7th level of hel_l.

See also: http://www.upiasia.com/Human_Rights/2008/0...criminals/2369/

and as a pps under no duress whatsoever, I should add in all fairness there are some excellent thai policemen out there trying to hold together their integrity on a daily basis in very difficult circumstances on a pittance whilst their superiors and workmates take the traditional route to success. A thankless and unrewarded task they fulfill from a deep sense of duty and commitment.

....and yes I do actually know a few of those brave men personally! No irony inferred (rare for me I know)

Edited by seri thai

Supreme commander live on TV asking people to obey law and all rights under law will be protected but people must obey law. Arms will only be used for self protection. Asks people to stagger return to BKK as they will check for arms being brought to the capital.

Are they are firing live bullets at there own people?

and if so how can it be there is nobody dead?

I'm told some of those instances involved the use of blanks...a tool to frighten. I don't know thats the case overall.

I can only hope that this is true. I've seen footage on tv of soldiers firing straight ahead from behind cover or in prone position. It's also believed that some red shirts managed to steal weaponry yesterday and are returning/opening fire on the soldiers. Can anyone confirm this?