Roast Dinner

Marksamui

Ok so having lived in Asia for 3 years and eating loads of Thai food I really want to find a nice place where I can get a good Roast Dinner in Phuket.

Have a car so will travel but sometimes I hear these rumours about Sunday Roast Dinner buffets for 400b or something and I really want to know where a decent one is?

I have tried the Green Man and found the food very dissapointing. I know the Islander in Patong will probably be good as the one is Samui is decent.

Where to go????

A friend, had some super(him word) Roast Rat on his trip to Chaing Rai, he said they can also be found at roadside stands in most part of the Kindgom, quite Tasty so he said, No kidding. I told him I would stick to turkey and beef.

Edited by BigSnake

Ok so having lived in Asia for 3 years and eating loads of Thai food I really want to find a nice place where I can get a good Roast Dinner in Phuket.

Have a car so will travel but sometimes I hear these rumours about Sunday Roast Dinner buffets for 400b or something and I really want to know where a decent one is?

I have tried the Green Man and found the food very dissapointing. I know the Islander in Patong will probably be good as the one is Samui is decent.

Where to go????

Ban Rim Klong in Kamala very near the Beer Garden on the main Rd, every Sunday from 7pm owned by an English man. Roast pork, beef, carrots, peas. potatoes, gravy, apple sauce etc.....$300baht get there early.

I recommend the Islander in Patong, off Bangla Road.

anyone know if this is run by the same people that run the islander here on samui in chaweng?if it is then i am sure it will be very good.here on Samui the islander is really good,always busy.good food at a good price.

the one in patong is the same as samui

is the islander bar in rawai also the same, anyone know??

A table top oven, grill, and griddle from tesco or simiar for around 1,200 baht. A nice lump of pork with plenty of fat for nice crackling for about 60 baht cooked with some roast potatoes. Some steamed veg in the rice cooker with some nice gravy and do it yourself ? Much better than any bar! :o

A table top oven, grill, and griddle from tesco or simiar for around 1,200 baht. A nice lump of pork with plenty of fat for nice crackling for about 60 baht cooked with some roast potatoes. Some steamed veg in the rice cooker with some nice gravy and do it yourself ? Much better than any bar! :o

Agree with you 100%!

And the money you save you can get a lot of beers or invite some friends :D

Gerd

I cook roast dinners in Singapore, but when I go to Phuket most of the time it is a weekend and I want to eat out.

I know there are many more British bar owners there than in Singapore and I am sure I can get a better roast there than here :o

Might try the one above in Kamala as live close by when in Phuket and 300b sounds like what I want.

I recommend the Islander in Patong, off Bangla Road.

anyone know if this is run by the same people that run the islander here on samui in chaweng?if it is then i am sure it will be very good.here on Samui the islander is really good,always busy.good food at a good price.

Not same owner but ex-partner runs Samui , but I recommend it as one very good place to eat,

Wed. is Roast Pork nite, I think