Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers fellas,

I got the original plans from a site called www.plancivil.com, the complete drawings are on there. i have attached the floorplan pdf.

We modified them a bit by -

1.extending the foundations where the wash area/ patio is at the back and built a flat roofed kitchen

2. extended the porch area and added that pillar you can see at the front.

3. raised the building the height of 3 blocks.

The only problem with changing the patio/ Kitchen was that there was no roof overhang unlike the rest of the house.

3Bed2WC_A05.pdf

post-92286-0-11429900-1300450661_thumb.j

post-92286-0-53455600-1300450807_thumb.j

Cheers fellas,

I got the original plans from a site called www.plancivil.com, the complete drawings are on there. i have attached the floorplan pdf.

Thanks cool site & nice of them to provide free plans

The thing that stands out on your home aside from the clean lines....

Is that unlike most designs by Thais your bedroom doors are blinded nicely

meaning they do not open right into a main room.

While I design homes with little or no hallways I always notice most Thai designs have all the room

doors including the bathroom open right into the main rooms. Unlike yours which is more like what I design.

Short halls but at least a meeting place for door openings

Very nice Congrats again

Wow some impressive houses guys...lovely!

Here is my bahts worth...it sort of "evolved" from my fag packet scratchings...plumbing, electrical, baths and kitchen by yours truly..Orchids in shadehouse& garden by her indoors, euphemism of lawn by weeds inc.....

post-36430-0-80064800-1300585051_thumb.j

post-36430-0-50188200-1300585126_thumb.j

post-36430-0-25068900-1300585202_thumb.j

post-36430-0-82522700-1300585394_thumb.j

post-36430-0-52397400-1300585500_thumb.j

post-36430-0-49123700-1300585699_thumb.j

post-36430-0-09260500-1300585807_thumb.j

Here is my bahts worth...it sort of "evolved" from my fag packet scratchings...plumbing, electrical, baths and kitchen by yours truly..Orchids in shadehouse& garden by her indoors, euphemism of lawn by weeds inc.....

Wow, what a gutsy and impressive location. :) How is the hillside and foundation holding up?

Wow, what a gutsy and impressive location. :) How is the hillside and foundation holding up?

Seems okay we ain't slipped down the hill yet 555

Foundations were poles into 2X2m 1-2 metres down ..one crack in brick upper part of wall above retaining concrete wall behind house after the 'rains" this year( big footings also) otherwise we are still here...5555

I really have enjoyed this topic more than any other on TV.

Thanks VF for starting it.

I must also say your home is beautiful & I love the high roof lines clean design.

I’m glad you have enjoyed this topic and thank you so very much for taking the time to say so. Oh yes, thanks for the comment about the house, too. :)

let me add that this is for me the most interesting topic in all Thaivisa and i use this opportunity to thank YOU for establishing the thread.

:jap:

I must also say your home is beautiful & I love the high roof lines clean design.

I’m glad you have enjoyed this topic and thank you so very much for taking the time to say so. Oh yes, thanks for the comment about the house, too. :)

let me add that this is for me the most interesting topic in all Thaivisa and i use this opportunity to thank YOU for establishing the thread.

Wow, thanks guys. :wai: Darn, now I’ll have to go buy a new motorcycle helmet. The old one no longer fits. :lol:

I will add too that. Great thread. Really helped me a lot during our rebuild. Thanks!!!!

And your house looks awesome...really nice lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine, built in 2006 NE of Udon

Thanks for the photo of your house. Any updated shots to show how it has changed over the last several years?

Built on 2006, Picture taken last month

Here's mine, built in 2006 NE of Udon

Thanks for the photo of your house. Any updated shots to show how it has changed over the last several years?

Built on 2006, Picture taken last month

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I thought the plants in the garden might be larger in a more recent photo. It looks like your house is holding up quite well. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any of us living in wooden Thai houses? Below are a couple of examples from a post I did on my blog. I suspect many of us have to spend at least some time in older wooden houses before we are able to complete our dream homes.

I know this is a little off topic but thought it might spark some additional interest in a rather old topic.

Wood%20House%20%20001.jpg

Wood%20House%20%20004.jpg

As we rapidly approach 60,000 page views I would like to share an updated photo of our little place, taken yesterday. After a little more than three years, the place is still holding up well. Still friends with our contractor as too.

House++001.jpg

more please?

God what would i give to find such nice land not more than 20mins away from a major city :(

more please?

God what would i give to find such nice land not more than 20mins away from a major city :(

We are more like 50 minutes from town but I have gotten used to the drive and quite enjoy it most of the time. It is even quicker and more fun on the Ninja 650r. In response to "more please?" here is a shot looking out toward the fields that surround our home.

House%20%20001%20%281%29.jpg

more please?

We are more like 50 minutes from town but I have gotten used to the drive and quite enjoy it most of the time. It is even quicker and more fun on the Ninja 650r. In response to "more please?" here is a shot looking out toward the fields that surround our home.

House%20%20001%20%281%29.jpg

Really, really nice. Beautiful.

This time of year our views are not particularly attractive but I still like the sense of space around me. I try to imagine the dry uncultivated fields as they will be, rather than how they are. The dogs, however, love being able to hike unimpeded across the valley, as do I. I guess each season has its good points. This shot was after the recent rain left our sky unseasonably clear.

Pond%20%20002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Our villa was finally ready in the end of last year and we moved in on the 6th of December 2010. I like to share some of the pictures of our new home.

01-VillasFrontView.jpg

Front view

03-MainGate.jpg

Main gate (manual gate)

04-CarEntrance.jpg

Car access (remotely controlled swing gate)

08-MainEntrance.jpg

Elevated main entrance with a sunken pond

10-HandicapRamp.jpg

At the right side of the entrance we have a handicap ramp

02-TheVillasRearview.jpg

The rear side

Yes, very well done....I'm sure you will enjoy your home for many years to come.

I would have done the walkway the same width as the door, and made the water feature larger either side.

I think if it was the same width as the door it could pose a fall hazard into the water.....I think he did the right thing.

Thank you all for your comments. Here are some more pictures:

12-LeftFrontGardenView.jpg

Left front garden.

14-RockeryHidingPondPumpUVLights.jpg

Rockery hiding the pond pump, filter and UV-lights.

15-LeftSideGardenView.jpg

Left side garden.

09-ThaGuardianAngles.jpg

Our dangerous beasts. The little one is Ginni and the large one Maja.

17-RightSideGardenView.jpg

Right side garden.

11-Driveway.jpg

Driveway in stamped concrete.

That stamped concrete looks great! I'm in Hua Hin and in the process of building a second house and was considering the stamped concrete for around the pool patio area and also the drive way. Are you happy with the results and price?

Archived