Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If these links don't work please let me know as I can't check.

OK, here are some finnished ones. Finished Pics.

And if anyone is interested there are some building pics and info here. House Build

It is a new month. There must be someone with an update or new house shot to share with us. :)

Both your Picasa and blog link work. By backtracking on Picasa it is easy to find the main building album which is also imbedded in your blog. I have been given a hard time in the past, by those who cannot be mentioned, for including a link to my blog but I don’t see anything wrong with it here.

As long as the pictures can be seen that's good, thanks for the info. This was a house built for retirement but when I finished it I started to live in it now. I love quiet country life. There were lots of things I could have done differently but this was my first time actually building a house.

If these links don't work please let me know as I can't check.

OK, here are some finnished ones. Finished Pics.

And if anyone is interested there are some building pics and info here. House Build

It is a new month. There must be someone with an update or new house shot to share with us. :)

Both your Picasa and blog link work. By backtracking on Picasa it is easy to find the main building album which is also imbedded in your blog. I have been given a hard time in the past, by those who cannot be mentioned, for including a link to my blog but I don't see anything wrong with it here.

Built this house in Bangkok couple years ago now.

post-136311-0-32684300-1314526936_thumb.

post-136311-0-51550400-1314526918_thumb.

post-136311-0-83209600-1314526900_thumb.

post-136311-0-68338100-1314526878_thumb.

450sqm, 3 bedroom 3 bath, pool, teak floors upstairs and second downstairs living room. African black granite kitchen top on 100 wah landsize.

Edited by Dag

very nice dag anymore photos?

Yes, I like to see more photos too.

a couple...

Very nice indeed ! May I ask the appoximate cost for the house and pool ? I am getting super high quotations for a similar house, in Bangkok as well.

Name of the builder by PM would be great too ! B)

Been awhile since I posted in this forum but I have an update so I thought I'd post a few pixs. Got tired of it raining on the back of my cars so we added an extension to the carport. We (wife & I) wanted an addition that matched the architecture of the house so here is what we did.

The 1st pix here is of the house when we moved in 31/2 years ago for a reference.

IMGP0130-2.jpg

We needed alot of steel in the framing as we wante Cepac tiles to match the exsisting roof tiles.

IMGP0141-1.jpg

Finished product.

IMGP0190.jpg

IMGP0205.jpg

The first rain we had my wife slipped on the driveway slop so we added some steps

IMGP0232.jpg

I admire those with the courage to play with color but the wife and I are more the Plain Jane types. She has threatened to put some color on the walls in the bedroom but has yet to get around to it. Will probably go with something darkish and mood enhancing if we ever do it.

Here is our main living area set up for a party before the majority of guests have arrived. I believe my wife is taking the picture and I am out of the picture to the left, deep in conversation with a friend. Just a splash here and there of color, otherwise pretty plain. Most of our color is to be found in the views out of the windows.

Interior%252520%252520002.jpg

Looks like a nice house, but plastic chairs and a washing machine in the living room..........Hurry up and move them before the guests arrive!

very nice dag anymore photos?

Yes, I like to see more photos too.

a couple...

Very nice indeed ! May I ask the appoximate cost for the house and pool ? I am getting super high quotations for a similar house, in Bangkok as well.

Name of the builder by PM would be great too ! B)

Lovely house :D

Come on...spill the beans..."how mutt" ?

RAZZ

Yes, we live in a barn, with everything is one room. Plastic chairs, straw mats, we are not proud and will entertain almost any option. We are actually using one wing of the ping-pong table as a serving extension to the island. Very seldom does the wife get the oven and the dryer mixed up, so I’m okay with that. We are just simple villagers trying to make do. :D

Interior%252520%252520002.jpg

Looks like a nice house, but plastic chairs and a washing machine in the living room..........Hurry up and move them before the guests arrive!

What is your quotes ?

Interesting to see what you are quoted for similar job.

I can send builders details if you like, they are very good and very nice people.

The quotations I have received so far are ranging from 25,000 to 30,000bht per sqm for a design and specs which seem similar to yours. This is not including aircons, kitchen and swimming pool. Good materials but nothing fancy (cheap UPVC for the windows, hardwood flooring only in the master bedroom and living room...etc). One of the reasons I am told is that the land is small (90sqw)and difficult to work around because of the neighbours and restrictions in Bangkok (cannot work after 5pm...etc).

6-7 mil...including pool and everything....

Is that including land? And if you don't mind me asking is the land on a Moo Baan? (Rough area in Bkk would be nice too :wai: )

You always hear that house building is a "nightmare". Was it? Would be great to hear your "story" :D

It's a few years down the line for the wife and I but it seems very achievable at that price and your house look's much better build quality than Land & House, Sansiri etc.

Anyway, congratulations on such a nice place :clap2::thumbsup:

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Is that including land? And if you don't mind me asking is the land on a Moo Baan? (Rough area in Bkk would be nice too :wai: )

You always hear that house building is a "nightmare". Was it? Would be great to hear your "story" :D

It's a few years down the line for the wife and I but it seems very achievable at that price and your house look's much better build quality than Land & House, Sansiri etc.

RAZZ

Not including land and not in a moo ban....I hate estates....I prefer my own destiny.

It was a somewhat nightmare...it was approached as a learning curve and we learnt.....however, it was finished by a different builder that started it and its quality is because of him, he was a great builder.....however again, I would not recommend him to anyone as he has his problems and they need to be dealt with and I can now deal with them without issue....anybody new would have problems and then blame me or them and it could all turn to shit.

We built that house to sell and we did.

Build quality was infinitely better than any of those mass housing site building companies....I have seen their houses crumble after a year....I have seen their pools 'tilt' by as much as a foot....

RAZZ

Good quality can be achieved also here in Thailand but it helps if you have some knowledge yourself or someone else who supports you. Apart from that you need proper planing with the homework done and a bit of luck.

Not that ugly.....it fitted the minimalist theme...also the cooker was stainless and simple design...think we got a free washing machine with that one too......and certainly was not the cheapest.

Edited by Dag

Not that ugly.....it fitted the minimalist theme...also the cooker was stainless and simple design...think we got a free washing machine with that one too......and certainly was not the cheapest.

Dag, really nice property and use of space. Good eye for design and detail. Looks like a fun property to stay in.

Pretty sure you had no problem selling it.

Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...