Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tb86, if you're having a party near the end of May, how about an invite to me and board member EvilDrSomkid? We're both young guys and into cars (out of the motor forum section), and it would be nice to check out all of the toys in that garage :)

PM the party details if you're having one!:partytime2:

No house yet, plans and design are being looked at at the moment. Probably in a year or 2-3.

But i have the location first view where the swimming pool will be located

post-7665-0-79635900-1305297424_thumb.jp

and the back view, currently in negotiation to acquire the block of land on the opposite side of the road to ensure the view.

post-7665-0-48857200-1305297486_thumb.jp

btw there are still blocks available in this area. (i am not a broker!)

Edited by Khun Jean

Our villa was finally ready in the end of last year and we moved in on the 6th of December 2010. I like to share some of the pictures of our new home.

01-VillasFrontView.jpg

Front view

03-MainGate.jpg

Main gate (manual gate)

04-CarEntrance.jpg

Car access (remotely controlled swing gate)

08-MainEntrance.jpg

Elevated main entrance with a sunken pond

10-HandicapRamp.jpg

At the right side of the entrance we have a handicap ramp

02-TheVillasRearview.jpg

The rear side

Nice to see the handicapped ramp....all houses should have them as even the able ones are not getting younger. Also good idea to have slightly wide bathroom doors.

10-HandicapRamp.jpg

Nice to see the handicapped ramp....all houses should have them as even the able ones are not getting younger. Also good idea to have slightly wide bathroom doors.

It is very practical too as I use my trolley to carry thing to or from the house.

Why go for Wow when you can go for comfortable and impressive from outside? The inside looks good and it seems to be aimed at comfort.. Having a bunch of wooden aristocratic furniture and expensive paintings is just for those of us with smaller phallus needing the approval of others.

Obviously your WOW and my WOW are 2 different things.

The problem here is though he.....or she....did not go for WOW anywhere......except in the carpark and the cars are ok.......and the chairs.

Well we wernt going for the wow factor, its a family compound, there is another house as well.. this is designed for our family and our lifestyle,we really dont need to show off, the point.. ss for the cars, yeah they are comfotable and and up to our standards... lambo and the likes are great fun, been there done that .. anyways my place in pebble beach is for showing off...

Nice house TB!

Who was your builder?

Be assured tb86, there are many of us who appreciate the lack of bling but attention to detail and quality. :)

Unfortunately those who have more are sometimes the target of those who have less. Please don't let any individual dissuade you from continuing to contribute to this topic. :)

its no worry vf this is one of the only threads on this site that i will use anymore.... as it seems the group collected here are of the few long term normal humans on the site, poor generalization i know... but

• 2 weeks later...

I take no credit.....my wife has the green thumb, I only dig the holes ;)

Your profile says Hua Hin so what kind of soil are you digging in? Is it sandy costal stuff, easy to dig in, or is it hard clay like we have up here in Chiang Rai? In the dry season our soil is as hard as a rock and digging is all but impossible.

Nice garden, by the way. :)

• 4 weeks later...

how many colours did you use ?

It's not to my taste either, definitely a Magnolia man myself but each to his own.

Of course it could be poor white-balance of the camera :)

I admire those with the courage to play with color but the wife and I are more the Plain Jane types. She has threatened to put some color on the walls in the bedroom but has yet to get around to it. Will probably go with something darkish and mood enhancing if we ever do it.

Here is our main living area set up for a party before the majority of guests have arrived. I believe my wife is taking the picture and I am out of the picture to the left, deep in conversation with a friend. Just a splash here and there of color, otherwise pretty plain. Most of our color is to be found in the views out of the windows.

Interior%252520%252520002.jpg

That's nice VF, I would have liked our house to be mainly white too. Sadly, I was not in the country at the time of the paint purchase and the Mrs decided to paint the whole of the inside of the house pink! :lol:

At first I didn't believe her, and laughed every time she told me. Then I noticed she was getting upset with me laughing, so I decided to just wait and see, sure enough, it's pink!

It's not a house we had built so I won't be posting photos here, should anyone wish to view it in it's pinkness, check out my blog, you can see it in the wedding photos.

Oh, by the way, I still love this thread, some lovely homes on here, thanks to all for sharing.

Biff

I think this whole thread is a "wow" guys great stuff..

...really interesting to see how others live and what is important or not to them...

it is in deed a pity that some feel the need offer destructive criticism...probably through a "green eye" methinks..

you know it is strange that there are few if any houses reflecting those I used to see/described in books/movies as quintessential tropical...ie usually wood, great big polished wood verandas, cane furniture, shuttered windows sort of thing ...the original plantation colonial "bungalow" if you like...

never saw any designs in books here either

I just think they are so nice and comfy looking..probably cool too...

ah such a romantic me....lol...here's me living in what I describe as one step up from a concrete bunker with plumbing and a bed...

...really interesting to see how others live and what is important or not to them...

it is in deed a pity that some feel the need offer destructive criticism...probably through a "green eye" methinks..

you know it is strange that there are few if any houses reflecting those I used to see/described in books/movies as quintessential tropical...ie usually wood, great big polished wood verandas, cane furniture, shuttered windows sort of thing ...the original plantation colonial "bungalow" if you like...

ah such a romantic me....lol...here's me living in what I describe as one step up from a concrete bunker with plumbing and a bed...

It's what I had dreamed of too but hard to get on a limited budget and I didn't want to be isolated. But reality bites and so do termites (bite wood)! I'm trying to be tropical inside with strong colours, water hyacinth sofas, wood tables and bookcases and lots and lots of vegetation outside.

I seem to remember some Thai friends who had a weekend place like that in Hua Hin. As a beach place it was interesting but I doubt it would be suited to modern living. Growing up in Hawaii there were lots of those “tropical’ houses but the climate was much better suited with the constant trade winds.

My guess is that my friend’s compound was developed long ago (that was more than 30 years ago), considering its location. No doubt someone took the wood and recycled it into decorative accents for a more modern dwelling.

These days, the tropical house would be expensive to build and the single wall construction would mean no air-conditioning, insolation or modern in-wall wiring.

I now find there is interesting to look at, or comfortable to live in, and they are very different with me choosing comfortable.

Edited by villagefarang

ah I am not alone then..

I actually have the plans and artist impression drawings done by a friend here many years ago...based on an Australian "Queenslander" design...I did at one point get a quote which like one poster said was way out of my budget..

..would have meant I could not afford the crumpled white linen suite and pith hat a la "Lord Jim"...lol

That's nice VF, I would have liked our house to be mainly white too. Sadly, I was not in the country at the time of the paint purchase and the Mrs decided to paint the whole of the inside of the house pink! :lol:

At first I didn't believe her, and laughed every time she told me. Then I noticed she was getting upset with me laughing, so I decided to just wait and see, sure enough, it's pink!

It's not a house we had built so I won't be posting photos here, should anyone wish to view it in it's pinkness, check out my blog, you can see it in the wedding photos.

Oh, by the way, I still love this thread, some lovely homes on here, thanks to all for sharing.

Biff

I think an exception can be had... for pink walls.

please :)

Biff

I think an exception can be had... for pink walls.

please :)

Biffs walls may be pink but from what I saw the colour will not stop it being occupies by nice happyu people.

• 4 weeks later...