Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

yeah, maybe a little bit each floor is 2000m x 4 one floor is the parking/storage so i guess useable space is really more like 6000, its huge man been under const non stop for 3.5 yrs now about 6 months out now we hope in the pictures you can only see the front entrance . ill take more of the building when all the coverings come down,

Thats nuts !!!

I mean square feet sure 8000 sqft is still nearly 800sqm and would be comfortably large.. But 8000 sqm ?? Nuts !! must be like >20 bedrooms to fill it. I was in a 12 bedroom place that had library's, guestwings and major space and IIRC that was 1600m and thats only 1/5th of this size.

I mean the white house in the US is about 5000 sqm.. So its 50% larger than that !!

The most expensive house in the USA at 150 million USD is Aaron Spellings uber mansion.. at 56000 sqft or just over 5000 sqm.. This huge thing

SpellingManor_AER.jpg

and your building something about 60% larger than that !! More than half again of this size !! The US's most expensive house !! I am amazed..

What do you need that size for ?? Entire (large) hotels are smaller than that..

I've been to Spellings house and is a sick waist of land and space and so is 8000 in my opinion too :angry:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A view from our front yard. Anyone else have some pictures to share? This thread has been quiet for awhile.

Evening%2BSky%2B%2B002.jpg

Nice view. Where about in the Kingdom do you live?

Phaya Mengrai, roughly 55km east of Chiang Rai. They are harvesting the rice so it no longer looks like that.;-)

Edited by villagefarang

Just thought I'd post an updated photo of our hosue in Korat since we added the carport extension. There is probably an old photo somewhere in this thread. House is in Korat and I have about 2million baht invested.

IMGP0190.jpg

Here are the pictures you posted previously. Thanks for checking back with this thread. All it needs is a little nudge from time to time in order to keep people interested. :)

IMGP0130-2.jpg

IMGP0141-1.jpg

IMGP0190.jpg

IVB,

Thanks for bringing the photos forward. Here's a close up of the tile and you can see I also gave a face lift to my 15 year old Cefiro which is in the orginal photo of the house. :)

IMGP0205.jpg

Edited by Rdrokit

Looks Great Rdrokit !

By the looks of it all good deal too given your total investment

for the whole house.

Thanks flying. Yes I think I got a good deal and bought just at the right time. It will be 4 years January that I put the money down for the house and land. Back then I was getting about 35 baht for an American dollar now its around 30. Also it was just before the big housing boom in Korat and prices were still reasonable. I paid 1,752,000 for the basic house before I did all the improvements. That same base house now sells for 2,200,000 which is about a 25% increase. Also, I was living in Pattaya back then and prices in Pattaya were about twice as much as they were here in Korat for the same product. I am very happy with the house. :)

Edited by Rdrokit

• 2 weeks later...

Looks quite rural. Not too many neighbors?

A few neighbors behind me, but good semi-rural and mountain views in front.

About 6ks from Patong as the crow flies. Just wanted to show the bashers that there is more to Phuket than just the tourist fleshpots.

:)

A view from our front yard. Anyone else have some pictures to share? This thread has been quiet for awhile.

what did you do VF that the gods blessed you with a view like this? i have no words to describe how i envy you for it.

what did you do VF that the gods blessed you with a view like this? i have no words to describe how i envy you for it.

You are in a generous and effusive mood today Naam. :) Thank you very much for the kind words. I am not sure what I did to deserve such luck and my wife is not bad to look at either. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some views of our place outside Chaiyaphum.

These are looking over our Shrimp and Fish farms.

post-19542-0-70608400-1324134197_thumb.j

post-19542-0-77272300-1324134324_thumb.j

We are currently building our house on the area that is cleared. So behind is the view we will see from the kitchen.

post-19542-0-27413700-1324134507_thumb.j

This is the view looking out from the front of the house.

post-19542-0-52419000-1324134647_thumb.j

And with your back to the house, this is on your right. When the house is finished we'll do some more landscaping.

post-19542-0-59733600-1324134974_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

You are in a generous and effusive mood today Naam. smile.gif Thank you very much for the kind words. I am not sure what I did to deserve such luck and my wife is not bad to look at either. wink.gif

for more than 20 years (before we moved to Thailand) we too had a beautiful view:

post-35218-0-95049000-1329036661_thumb.j

post-35218-0-62154700-1329036674_thumb.j

Any of you that have built your own houses know that they are always a work in progress. Well here is ours, house, kitchen building and guest pad all finished......now it's time for the pool, driveway, landscaping.................................................

Tas

post-109972-0-15836500-1329545562_thumb.

Any of you that have built your own houses know that they are always a work in progress. Well here is ours, house, kitchen building and guest pad all finished......now it's time for the pool, driveway, landscaping.................................................

So true, so true.wink.png