Another Ssr Run Folks, Planning Stage

Bard

Another run?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK fellers, what about Mae Sot - Mae Hong Son - Chiang Mai - Bangers

Or Bangers -blast- Chiang Mai (Friday) - Golden Triangle Loop (one of them Doi Ang Khan was cool - but there is Doi Mea Salong R 1130 & 1234, Akha Sam Yaek - Thoed Thai Mae Moh R3051 & 4032, Thoed Thai - Doi Tung R1334 , Phu Chu Fah road R1093) all of these are the greatest steepest winding roads up there Saturday - If everyone is up for it Doi Inthanon then blast to Bangers for the weekenders, rest could do Mae Hong Son, then reverse loop back to Bangers over Mae Sot which would end up in Bangers/Pattaya/Rayong on Tuesday for the longer ride.

Feedback...

Cheers Bard

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright a general plan is hacked, Looked through the googlemaps and the Doi Mea Salong R 1130 & 1234 including a couple of more loops on the way back looks cool, will be a blast past Chiang Rai, then from what I see a very twisty road, a bit of highway then a general fast twisty road all the way to Chiang Mai again. around 4-500 km full twisty day. Yohoo...

So let's move on more guys on the trip... Kottan is on as well so we're still 7

Cheers Bard

OK fellers, what about Mae Sot - Mae Hong Son - Chiang Mai - Bangers

Or Bangers -blast- Chiang Mai (Friday) - Golden Triangle Loop (one of them Doi Ang Khan was cool - but there is Doi Mea Salong R 1130 & 1234, Akha Sam Yaek - Thoed Thai Mae Moh R3051 & 4032, Thoed Thai - Doi Tung R1334 , Phu Chu Fah road R1093) all of these are the greatest steepest winding roads up there Saturday - If everyone is up for it Doi Inthanon then blast to Bangers for the weekenders, rest could do Mae Hong Son, then reverse loop back to Bangers over Mae Sot which would end up in Bangers/Pattaya/Rayong on Tuesday for the longer ride.

Feedback...

Cheers Bard

Been there done that and ready to do it again!!! Sign me up! :o

Alright a general plan is hacked, Looked through the googlemaps and the Doi Mea Salong R 1130 & 1234 including a couple of more loops on the way back looks cool, will be a blast past Chiang Rai, then from what I see a very twisty road, a bit of highway then a general fast twisty road all the way to Chiang Mai again. around 4-500 km full twisty day. Yohoo...

So let's move on more guys on the trip... Kottan is on as well so we're still 7

Cheers Bard

So it safe to say. Wherever we go the trip is 8th to the 12th?

When Trenty whacks the throttle open. Prepare to be owned. :D

Nah I'll blast him, have nitrox on it... :o

Bard

Looks like I will miss this one as well go back offshore on the second of May but I'm sure it will happen sometime this year.

Cheers

HH

When Trenty whacks the throttle open. Prepare to be owned. :o

aint that the truth. although i think im going to need an extended period of learning on this bike, she needs a long introduction before im ready to unleash its full potential. 180 bhp is more than a mouthful at this point in time

Ahh Trenty my nitrox cheat bike will blast you off the map muuuhahaha

Actually from that other forum I read Kawa is coming out with a bigbang engine next year, so I might hold off and buy a shiny one in 2010

SSR Epic Ride #2 is coming up soon so I thought I'd give this thread a bump and update!

The rough plan is hacked out so here is the summary and more detailed itinerary: SSR #2

SSR #2 will run 8th to 12th of May but there's an alternative route for folks who need to get back to work by Monday the 11th.

Here's who's going so far:

Travelmate- Triumph Tiger

Gerhard VFR800

Bard FZ6

Trent Ninja ZX10R

CoolFusion R1

AnthonyR1 R1 :)

Johnny Sned GSXR1000

BBBKK ER6n

Ithailian? Ninja 250R

Zzinged? - XJR 1300

We'll meet up with Liam (ER6n) in CNX and perhaps some other GT Rider guys too.

Bangers -blast- Chiang Mai (8th) - Golden Triangle Loop (one of them Doi Ang Khan was cool - but there is Doi Mea Salong R 1130 & 1234, Akha Sam Yaek - Thoed Thai Mae Moh R3051 & 4032, Thoed Thai - Doi Tung R1334 , Phu Chu Fah road R1093) all of these are the greatest steepest winding roads up there Saturday - If everyone is up for it Doi Inthanon then blast to Bangers for the weekenders, rest could do Mae Hong Son, then reverse loop back to Bangers over Mae Sot which would end up in Bangers/Pattaya/Rayong on Tuesday for the longer ride.

Meet at the Emerald Hotel on Ratchada gassed up and ready to ride at 0700 on the 8th. (That means show up before 0700 and be ready to leave at 0700)

Happy Trails!

Tony

We will post a toned down version of the trip report on GT-R for certain, all of the trip stuff is on SSR homepage in a non restricted version tho. Some of it is here on Thai Visa as well. So it will end up in 3 places plus youtube vids at the end of it, have 3 cams rolling on the trip.

Oh yes leave time from bangers is 06:00 hours now after CF had to take the piss, the most slaughtered man in the morning came up with that figure it out, I don't...

Edited by Bard

Thinking about this one :)

Arriving in Bkk tomorrow .

What's the weather doing in the area ?

Any support vehicles going ? ( Wife may want to drive )

Might peel off on the way back to Kanchanaburi , spend a few days there then head down to Chumphon for the bike week .

Probably have a mate on an R1 interested too .

:D