Vfr Cooling No Good

Thanks guys. I also heard about Red Barron. That they stock a ton of parts on sight and have good mechanics. But also that they are pricey.

You get what you pay for. As Zzinged says- access to Red Baron's service department is limited Red Baron members. You can become a Red Baron member by buying a Red Baron bike or paying 10,000 Baht. The parts warehouse is amazing- you could no doubt build a new VFR from scratch using the parts in Red Baron's warehouse. Good luck!

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Wow. Sounds amazing, but is pricey.

I went to Zzinged's mechanic friend behind seacon. He's stripping it down. He found a small whole in the rad, and a leak coming from the engine block.

Doesn't look good. This will be pricey....

I shoulda bought Zzing's VFR. The one I got just looked nicer. How shallow am I. :o

So if Red Barron installs anything you buy for free, and you could build a VFR from scratch there, I wonder how much it would end up costing if you just went there and bought all the parts necessary? :D Too late, but a fun thought to entertain...

I went to Zzinged's mechanic friend behind seacon. He's stripping it down. He found a small whole in the rad, and a leak coming from the engine block.

I shoulda bought Zzing's VFR. The one I got just looked nicer. How shallow am I. :o

So if Red Barron installs anything you buy for free, and you could build a VFR from scratch there, I wonder how much it would end up costing if you just went there and bought all the parts necessary? :D Too late, but a fun thought to entertain...

Sorry to hear mate,the seller obviously knew why he wanted to get rid of this bike.

Regarding Red Baron,I might be wrong cos I never bought anything from them but I doubt they put the parts you on your bike for free.I think they meant that you have access to their workshop but still have to pay for the labour.

If it was a running a bike its a seal.. Usually get a pony book for 25 - 30 in bangkok.. in your case keep your frame and have a 'spares bike'.. or transpant your poor engine and resell the non runner bookless setup.. Need to remember tho the engine number changes if its not got paperwork.

But at 19k I would be over it with a fine tooth comb.. And run its numbers on the stolen databases.

Around how much does anyone think a complete, 1993, VFR engine, second hand, good condition, 20,000 kms, imported from Japan is worth?

I have a guy saying 19,000 baht for all the parts. It comes un-assembled.

This reasonable? Assuming everything he said is true.

Do you want a new engine, or is he recommending it? And did you really buy that bike only because mine was covered in flour? If so I really need to beat down the friend whose house I left my bike at. Btw, I did tell you that mine was mechanically sound...

Lenny. i paid 14,000 fitted to the bike for a Honda cbr250 engine (imported from japan) that included cdi/engine wiring loom,radiater and carbs. The Vfr probably is a little more expensive. But that price should be fitted including the cost of the Radiator. Good luck Allan

If it was a running a bike its a seal.. Usually get a pony book for 25 - 30 in bangkok.. in your case keep your frame and have a 'spares bike'.. or transpant your poor engine and resell the non runner bookless setup.. Need to remember tho the engine number changes if its not got paperwork.

But at 19k I would be over it with a fine tooth comb.. And run its numbers on the stolen databases.

You know I totally miss read that.,. I thought you said a complete, fresh in from japan, 20k kms, VFR.. Not just engine..

Around how much does anyone think a complete, 1993, VFR engine, second hand, good condition, 20,000 kms, imported from Japan is worth?

I have a guy saying 19,000 baht for all the parts. It comes un-assembled.

This reasonable? Assuming everything he said is true.

Do you want a new engine, or is he recommending it? And did you really buy that bike only because mine was covered in flour? If so I really need to beat down the friend whose house I left my bike at. Btw, I did tell you that mine was mechanically sound...

Well he reccomended it if I want to go on longer trips, and I will use the thing every day, alot.

No, no, it wasn't the flour! Hahaha!

And the other guy said the bike was sound as well, and I believe for all he knew, it was. He didn't use it that much. And very short trips. the problem on it is really unnoticeable unless you use it for a decent duration of time. He seemed honest. I am going to phone him and mention the issues. I don't want to be a prick about it though because I expected his second hand VFR to be top condition. :o

But I do wish I bought yours know Zzinged. Yours would have been the same price after tires, and paint, and apparently had a sound engine and cooling system... O well... Please don't beat down your friend! The flour brought back memories of Songkran to me when I saw it, and it was a good experience! Haha!

What do you mean by "it's a seal." ??

What about a book and a frame and a spares bike. I was told that what I get is a new engine and the paperwork to take to the department and get the new engine number put in the book I have. Costs under 1000 baht I was told. Then all I have is an old engine? Wheres the new frame coming from? What did I get myself into her with this Japanese import crap. :o

You know I totally miss read that.,. I thought you said a complete, fresh in from japan, 20k kms, VFR.. Not just engine..

God I wish.

You sure had me confused there though! :o

What do you mean by "it's a seal." ??

What about a book and a frame and a spares bike. I was told that what I get is a new engine and the paperwork to take to the department and get the new engine number put in the book I have. Costs under 1000 baht I was told. Then all I have is an old engine? Wheres the new frame coming from? What did I get myself into her with this Japanese import crap. :D

Rather than balancing a ball on its nose :o it was a typo.. For 'steal'..

But as I posted already.. I totally miss read it.. I thought it was a 'complete vfr, engine, second hand, 20k kms' fresh in from japan.. Not a 'complete vfr engine'.

Punctuation.. its the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse, or helping your uncle jack off a horse !! :D

If you do get a new motor i wouldnt mind buying your old one. I want the heads to rebuild for mine!

I shoulda bought Zzing's VFR. The one I got just looked nicer. How shallow am I. :)

If you do get a new motor i wouldnt mind buying your old one. I want the heads to rebuild for mine!

I was going to post an ad soon actually. The old engine heads were taken apart by the mechanic and he said it looked ok, but he didn't take apart the bottom piece. There wasn't actually anything to criticize the engine about, besides the fact that it is a 17 year old vfr engine with who knows how many owners, etc, etc. The replacement engine is just claimed to be of low kms, and has been inspected, etc, and imported, and past a standards test. The engine seemed ok to me, though I am not experienced to tell...

Anyone could come view the engine behind seacon square within the next 3 or 4 days for sure. It may even be still un-assembled to view the inside.

Any offers are accepted.

my phone number is 085 997 1159

or PM