New Atm Transaction Fees

Pattaya Dave

In the past few weeks here in Pattaya, I have experienced ATM's from several banks, (Bangkok Bank and Siam Commercial Bank), applying an additional 150 baht charge for ATM withdrawals made on foreign bank accounts. After making your withdrawal request, a message will appear notifying you of the 150 baht charge and asking if you accept this charge. Of course, I also select "No" and end my transaction; 150 baht is an excessive charge for an ATM fee. It's bad enough that I already have to pay transaction feels on the other end of the transaction. I haven't tried accessed all of the banks as yet, but found that K-Bank is not imposing the 150 baht charge, at least not for the moment, however I fear that this may be coming soon.

Is this a new banking policy soon to be implimented throughout Thailand? Has anyone else experienced this new charge?

Pattaya Dave

In the past few weeks here in Pattaya, I have experienced ATM's from several banks, (Bangkok Bank and Siam Commercial Bank), applying an additional 150 baht charge for ATM withdrawals made on foreign bank accounts. After making your withdrawal request, a message will appear notifying you of the 150 baht charge and asking if you accept this charge. Of course, I also select "No" and end my transaction; 150 baht is an excessive charge for an ATM fee. It's bad enough that I already have to pay transaction feels on the other end of the transaction. I haven't tried accessed all of the banks as yet, but found that K-Bank is not imposing the 150 baht charge, at least not for the moment, however I fear that this may be coming soon.

Is this a new banking policy soon to be implimented throughout Thailand? Has anyone else experienced this new charge?

Pattaya Dave

Already covered...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Credit-Card-t264269.html