Disrespect Or Misunderstanding

SoiGirlHunter

Another fun thread.

Can you spare a few of those 'fun' pills? :)

The blue one's?

A couple of years back the 'purchasing manager' asked "Why don't you try one of the blue pills?". "Nah, it'd just be a waste of money love."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing to keep in mind, re: your thyroid problems, it is my understanding that Thais in general are very paranoid of larger than normal height or width farangs.

No problem there! :D

Oh no, wait . . . :)

This is Thai culture laughing at misfortune - sorry dude but get used to it.

Exactly, just like Thais will find disabled people funny, and not because they have jokes.

...slicing fragments out of the context

Thais will not find disabled people funny. A Thai laughter/smile expresses compassion as well.

...and afterwards, when you are together with him only, ask him with a smile what he was laughing about.

Maybe you forget to "cut" your best pictures about women and the camera was still working in that minute then he held it on that boat!??!

Probably your wife heard about your 7/11 Gik, told the family and dropped the stuff willingly :)

I too would laugh about that :D:D

My wife gave me the green light to have other girls.

She answers my phone when other girls call, no problems. I am in shock myself.

-SGH

My Guess is just a misunderstanding on your behalf, someone slip fall(old banana peel thing) first impluse Laugh, second wow someone could be hurt from such a fall or in this case a drop camera someone is out of good pics of the day. :)

Probably your wife heard about your 7/11 Gik, told the family and dropped the stuff willingly :)

-SGH

= She do not care about you a bit.

-SGH

Have to agree. Strongly.

SoiGirlHunter fellow, dude!, you've issues there. This is gonna bite you on da' bum.

Not all Thais laugh at disabled people.

I find here the way I am treated by thais is amazing. People understand disability and the needs of those with them. Probably comes with having so many injured people in their own families.

I find here the way I am treated by thais is amazing. People understand disability and the needs of those with them. Probably comes with having so many injured people in their own families.

:)

TOLERANCE and compassion the most important attributes to human mankind.

:)

TOLERANCE and compassion the most important attributes to human mankind.

Get orff my land, or I'll set the dogs on you!

-SGH

If something seems too good to be true, it invariably is. Give it time.

-SGH

If something seems too good to be true, it invariably is. Give it time.

Right. I'd be watching (for) the detectives.

I was in a similar situation a few months ago.

On a large boat with my Girl friend and 20 or so decent Thai friends (all of a similar age, Low 30’s, all educated to University Degree level or higher).

The universal reaction was one of concern and not one of them reacted in the childish manner the Op has described.

I mention the level of education as this may well have an impact on the individuals ability to handle a situation respectfully. It’s apparent to me that citing cultural difference is simply an alternative means of escaping the fact that someone has been disrespectful.

In this case, the Ops Brother-In-Law seems arrogant and ignorant.

I was in a similar situation a few months ago.

On a large boat with my Girl friend and 20 or so decent Thai friends (all of a similar age, Low 30's, all educated to University Degree level or higher).

The universal reaction was one of concern and not one of them reacted in the childish manner the Op has described.

I mention the level of education as this may well have an impact on the individuals ability to handle a situation respectfully. It's apparent to me that citing cultural difference is simply an alternative means of escaping the fact that someone has been disrespectful.

In this case, the Ops Brother-In-Law seems arrogant and ignorant.

:):D:D:D:D

Sorry just laughing to cover my embarassment at your pedantic post......

Edit: spelling and took 20 cheesy out!!!

Edited by 473geo

It's a cultural thing to laugh at such accidents. Get over it. Next time don't be so confrontational about it, mai pen rai.

Understood as no bad intentions by laughing, but terribly annoying when it's your misfortune. Be real to soigirlhunter; there are double standards involved.

I have an idea, next time he f%cks up, laugh your head off~! :):D:D:D:D Wait till he has an accident, and laugh!

Next time I see a beggar with his arms cut off, I'll laugh. Or the cop doesn't get his tea money, laugh! Or someone slips over, laugh! LAUGH at others misfortune!!!! It's okay, it's cultural!!! :D

But when it comes from a Thai, it's different, right? I mean when it doesn't suit them..... uh........ ??? It's a face thing, cause they don't know what else to say, so they laugh!

Yes, yes yes, I know how it is. It's not bad, it's cultural :D Understood

When I first came to Thailand many years ago, I met a long time expat and in our conversation he said the best thing he had learned to help put things into perspective when dealing with Thai's was , just remember you are dealing with children .

When I first came to Thailand many years ago, I met a long time expat and in our conversation he said the best thing he had learned to help put things into perspective when dealing with Thai's was , just remember you are dealing with children .

My life has just been made so, so much easier.

I think he's got it! :)

-SGH

lol

When a 20 something wears Hello Kitty flip flops, gets over excited when sees the teddy bear cart vendor and irritatingly laughs at every 'boing' on the TV it does make you wonder.

watching the soap operas on TV, to which the half population is glued every evening, helps to understand.

They aren't laughing at you. It's like the smiling thing. Laughing I guess is a way to miss out our typical anger stage. "We'll laugh about that someday", know that one? Well, they just bring "that day" forward a bit, to the immediate.

They tend to do this and it annoys me too. But don't get angry, cultural differences is all.

The funniest thing that could happen for a Thai is if a farang got hit by a bus, flew in the air 30 feet, and landed in a dead heap. They would roll in the street laughing.

When a 20 something wears Hello Kitty flip flops, gets over excited when sees the teddy bear cart vendor and irritatingly laughs at every 'boing' on the TV it does make you wonder.

watching the soap operas on TV, to which the half population is glued every evening, helps to understand.

AMEN Brother.

It starts and ends there....... :)