Atm Cards

Want to send my girlfriend an Atm card the bank says that i can use IT anywhere with the sign CIRRUS DISPLAYED.First time i came accross this sigh can anyone shed some light on this "Its blue in colour at the side of card

CIRRUS

CIRRUS and PLUS are the two large US systems and most ATM's in Thailand should accept it. Do not send PIN in same letter and be best to use phone for that. You might want to make sure this is not your only account in case of a problem - best to only keep what your girlfriend needs in that account and refill as required.

CIRRUS and PLUS are the two large US systems and most ATM's in Thailand should accept it.ย  Do not send PIN in same letter and be best to use phone for that.ย  You might want to make sure this is not your only account in case of a problem - best to only keep what your girlfriend needs in that account and refill as required.

This is the system I use for sending money to my brother-in-law to make my house payment, and send support money for the village relatives. I used to send money orders via registered mail. Paying a couple dollars transaction fee (he has to make two withdrawals) is a lot cheaper. No problems so far.

I opened shared accounts for me and my wife and gave the Maestro (similar to Cirrus) to my wife. I fill the shared account once in a while and she gets money out of the ATM in Thailand after a phonecall from me. Normally wait one day to make sure that she can get the money out of the ATM.

Sometimes you see the money in the new account (Internet), but it is not known yet when she is using an ATM abroad.

It costs you a little bit, but that is almost nothing. But make sure that she gets the max (25.000 or sometimes 20.000 baht), because sometimes you pay a fixed fee.

And 3 euro over 3000 baht is expensive, 3 euro over 25000 baht in percentage a lot less.

Xinc