Train From Pattaya To Bkk

billyboy

I didnt even know there was a flamin train station at pattaya until today when surfin the web,anyway anyone can tell me if there is only one train from pattaya to bkk or am i really that stupid i cant understand the timetable.

also if anyonce can let me know how i can get to the train station,where is it?

thanks everyone

As far as i know,its at 2.30pm,and takes more than 3 1/2 hours,most of the pick up stations are about 1k east of the sukhumvit rd,soi khao talo,opposit tescos,is one.

There is talk of a much faster link once the airport is open,something like 35 minutes to Bangkok,which will be great if they build it.

If you've got time its a nice stress free way to rattle up to Bangers. Take a few tinnies, put in the head phones, kick back and watch the surprisingly pleasant scenery roll by.

Its also a good link to the airport which is very much under-used if you ask me.

If you're staying in the Sukhumwit area you can hop off at Suk71, Asoke or Makkasan which will save you from the taxi wilderness of Hualamphong.

It does indeed leave at 1430 and gets into Bangkok at about 5:45 (earlier for the Sukhumwit stations) I've taken the train from Patters a few times and the train has never been either crowded or late.

If you've got time its a nice stress free way to rattle up to Bangers. Take a few tinnies, put in the head phones, kick back and watch the surprisingly pleasant scenery roll by.

Its also a good link to the airport which is very much under-used if you ask me.

If you're staying in the Sukhumwit area you can hop off at Suk71, Asoke or Makkasan which will save you from the taxi wilderness of Hualamphong.

It does indeed leave at 1430 and gets into Bangkok at about 5:45 (earlier for the Sukhumwit stations) I've taken the train from Patters a few times and the train has never been either crowded or late.

and what time does it depart from bangkok and arrive pattaya, i also thought there was a station near thonglor/ekamai?

This leads to another quesiton, when is the new train running, i believe there will be a link from pattaya to the airport in 20-30 minutes, is this so? When, where, and what will the fair cost ?

Which leads to another question, when will the new airport be open ?

25 to 30 minutes to the new airport on a new train. I will believe it whenI see it. The current train is far beyond mature. If they have a new train for the trip, it must also be non-stop. Although that may come to be in time, I would expect to see the following in time:

1. A new airport

2. Enough traffic(people) between the new airport and Pattaya to make it worthwhile for the country to make the investment in the infrastructure necessary to move those people.

3. All of the payoffs taken care of

4. Although this may not make a lot of sense for any government,

A study to see just how many people would actually jump on a train

to Pattaya rather than use a bus or Taxi. When one adds in the cost

and the distance/time of afor a taxi to reach the city (one's hotel)

from the current bus stations, it might be worthwhile to take a taxi

directly from the airport.... especially once the little mafia transport

groups start to get their hooks into the train station.