How To Know If A Bike Is Registered?

No just the green book, check that the numbers match the engine and frame, check to see if the numbers are stamped straight. Then just go and get the transfer done with the owner before you hand over the bulk of the money. sorted

Oh and if you are in Phuket check page 18. For some reason they are funny about that.

Page 18 and the bike being 100% stock standard.. even to the point of LED brake lights, indicators, etc..

I was given hel_l over having a broken mirror (didnt want to replace as it was going to be fightered and the fairing removed) !!

Page 18 is where they stamp what taxes,duties are paid or not bring the book to dept of reg and they will tell you if all import duties have been paid,do not part with one bhat and inform the seller of your intension,his reaction will tell it's own story.

Oh and if you are in Phuket check page 18. For some reason they are funny about that.

Yeah. I second that. 1st run at changing the CBR400R to my name was met with a request for 14,000 baht. I used a proxy. I will go down next week and see for myself what the problem is. Unfortunately I bought it from a guy in Chang Mai who I think is now back in New Zealand, and who only sent down signed papers (transfer title and power of attourney) as well as green book in his name with the bike.

Edited by Scubabuddha

Page 18 and the bike being 100% stock standard.. even to the point of LED brake lights, indicators, etc..

I was given hel_l over having a broken mirror (didnt want to replace as it was going to be fightered and the fairing removed) !!

Great. I can't wait to see how they react to all new fairings and lights. :)

Hate to be a downer.. But you will have a hel_l of a time selling that bike on Phuket..

Its an out of province plate too ?? I would say its lost money.. Keep it and ride it till it dies.. Or take it back to CM, ride for a few weeks fun, and sell it up there.

Hate to be a downer.. But you will have a hel_l of a time selling that bike on Phuket..

Its an out of province plate too ?? I would say its lost money.. Keep it and ride it till it dies.. Or take it back to CM, ride for a few weeks fun, and sell it up there.

Thanks for the honesty. Luckily most the interest is from outside Phuket so far.