Live Music In Chiang Mai

bombayroom

Guitarist, exp. pro, seeking any info on the live music scene in Chiang Mai. My last 2 USA groups were with Grateful Dead keyboardist Vince Welnick, then with Jerry Garcia Band organist Melvin Seals. Any info helpful! Email Jef Cierniak@ [email protected]

The live music scene in Chiang Mai is fairly limited. Bangkok is the place to be, for the most part, followed by Samui and Phuket, esp for farang musos.

Jef, I see you posted an almost identical message on a Costa Rica forum. Where are you know, Costa Rica, Thailand or the US?

Guitarist, exp. pro, seeking any info on the live music scene in Chiang Mai. My last 2 USA groups were with Grateful Dead keyboardist Vince Welnick, then with Jerry Garcia Band organist Melvin Seals. Any info helpful! Email Jef Cierniak@ [email protected]

The live music scene in Chiang Mai is fairly limited. Bangkok is the place to be, for the most part, followed by Samui and Phuket, esp for farang musos.

Jef, I see you posted an almost identical message on a Costa Rica forum. Where are you know, Costa Rica, Thailand or the US?

I'm currently in the U.S. and heading for Costa Rica for 3 weeks in April to check that scene. The immagration and residency game is much easier there, so it's worth a look.

Bombay,When in C.Mai be sure to go to the Brasserie on the east bank of the Ping river close to the foot bridge...A very talented guitarist named "Took" and his band( he's also part owner)

headlines about 5 nites a week,when

in town. Took does good covers of,Santana,Hendrix,Cream,reggae,etc.(and,oh yes, a pic of Jerry Garcia adorns the wall behind the stage),but where Took REALLY shines is when he cranks out the hard core blues numbers,he really has a true "feel" for the music,he just doesn't play notes,he SCREAMS!

Further downriver there are 2 very popular(and good) restaurants that feature live music on a nitely basis,(The Good View and the Riverside) but the music at both is very "pop" oriented,and at least to me,not that interesting.

There are other places around town that pop up now and then and have live stuff on at least an occasional basis,I would start exploring, /asking around on arrival to get the tempo of the latest..(I will be there soon myself!) Hope this helps,the Harpman..

Bombay,When in C.Mai be sure to go to the Brasserie on the east bank of the Ping river close to the foot bridge...A very talented guitarist named "Took" and his band( he's also part owner)

headlines about 5 nites a week,when

in town. Took does good covers of,Santana,Hendrix,Cream,reggae,etc.(and,oh yes, a pic of Jerry Garcia adorns the wall behind the stage),but where Took REALLY shines is when he cranks out the hard core blues numbers,he really has a true "feel" for the music,he just doesn't play notes,he SCREAMS!

Further downriver there are 2 very popular(and good) restaurants that feature live music on a nitely basis,(The Good View and the Riverside) but the music at both is very "pop" oriented,and at least to me,not that interesting.

There are other places around town that pop up now and then and have live stuff on at least an occasional basis,I would start exploring, /asking around on arrival to get the tempo of the latest..(I will be there soon myself!) Hope this helps,the Harpman..

Yo' Harpman, thanks for the info. Anything else that comes to mind will help and is more than welcome! You can email me directly at: [email protected]