Fresh Carrot Juice

westbounder

Other than the shopping malls, the girl on Tapae Road and the girl on Moon Muang soi 7, I am looking for places that sell fresh carrot juice in or near the old city.

I also heard there may be a place near Neimanhaeman Road.

Thank you kindly

I also heard there may be a place near Neimanhaeman Road.

Westbounder --

I hope this will be helpful:

There are at least two juice shops in Nimman Road.

Or there were the last time I went for juice, about two months ago.

The one shop I've tried is excellent, and worth going out of your way.

All juice is made to order.

If you want a blend they don't offer on the menu, pick the fruits/veggies you want and put them on the counter:

They make the juice while you watch.

The shop also has fresh produce for sale: the most pristine vegetables I've seen in Chiangmai, outside of a Rimping market.

If you walk in, but don't see anyone working, make a little bit of noise.

I've sometimes arrived to find the juice man sleeping soundly behind the counter.

Just don't expect any smiles: those are not on offer.

The shop is tiny: just a little shack with a few tables and some canvas awnings out front.

But it is the only shop in the block (July 2009), so it is easy to spot.

Location is Nimman Road, between soi 5 and 7, on the East side.

Landmark at the corner of soi 5 is Siam Commercial Bank with the purple roof.

Continue South from the corner of soi 5 for 25 meters.

The little juice shop is in the middle of the block, directly on the street.

On the North side of the shop, at the corner across from the bank, is construction.

(If you know the bar, "Fine Thanks", that closed, and is now a construction site.)

On the South side of the shop, is an open parking lot.

(If you know WEST restaurant, that is the parking lot, but WEST has now closed.)

The other juice stand in Nimman Road is, or was last time I passed by, at the corner of soi 13.

It didn't look clean, the veggies looked wilted, and I never ordered anything there.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Edited by Oneman

On the East side, continue South, on the North side, on the South side, WEST restaurant, shop in the block, middle of the block ....

Ha has lol, better make sure you take your compas with you or might might just fall down dizzy :) Sorry Oneman, i couldn't resist that.

Aitch

Hi westbounder, there are a number of shops around town that will squeeze fresh carrot juice for you. But if you drink a lot of juice why don't you pick yourself up a juicer so you can squeeze your juice fresh at home? We bought a very nice, good quality juicer and we buy these huge carrots that come in 10 kilo bags from the vegetable market. I think they actually come from China. They are about 2-3 times the size of the carrots grown in Thailand and they last a long time without spoiling.

Hi westbounder, there are a number of shops around town that will squeeze fresh carrot juice for you. But if you drink a lot of juice why don't you pick yourself up a juicer so you can squeeze your juice fresh at home? We bought a very nice, good quality juicer and we buy these huge carrots that come in 10 kilo bags from the vegetable market. I think they actually come from China. They are about 2-3 times the size of the carrots grown in Thailand and they last a long time without spoiling.

Forgive me if you are not but, I feel you are taking the p...--you are obviously referring to the highly poisonous chemically enhanced hydrophoney-cally grown delicious chinese vegetables--or are you serious?