Individual Thai Lessons

Guderian

I'm interested in taking some Thai lessons. I'm not interested in a language school/structured teaching approach, and would prefer one-on-one lessons at home. I've seen several adverts for this service, but I have no idea how much a lesson would cost. Just to help me avoid getting ripped-off, has anyone had such Thai language lessons in Pattaya, and what did a 1-hour session cost?

Grateful for any info. :)

I'm interested in taking some Thai lessons. I'm not interested in a language school/structured teaching approach, and would prefer one-on-one lessons at home. I've seen several adverts for this service, but I have no idea how much a lesson would cost. Just to help me avoid getting ripped-off, has anyone had such Thai language lessons in Pattaya, and what did a 1-hour session cost?

PHONE [KEN] AT 0831056159 OR[ AL] AT 088403818 AND ASK FOR ALLEN JONES NUMBER.HE WILL DO ONE ON ONE LESSONS .WAYNE

PHONE [KEN] AT 0831056159 OR[ AL] AT 088403818 AND ASK FOR ALLEN JONES NUMBER.HE WILL DO ONE ON ONE LESSONS .WAYNE

Thanks, I've already got several contacts, I was really wondering about the approximate price I should expect to pay.

Thanks, I've already got several contacts, I was really wondering about the approximate price I should expect to pay.

Depending on where you live, it should be no more than THB 250-THB 300 per hour.

Usually you pay THB 5000 for 20 hours private lessons at a language school. The Thai teacher receives 40 or 50% of that amount which is THB 2000-2500 for 20 hours, so THB 250-THB 300 must be a good deal for both.

Grateful for any info. :D

Depending on where you live, it should be no more than THB 250-THB 300 per hour.

Usually you pay THB 5000 for 20 hours private lessons at a language school. The Thai teacher receives 40 or 50% of that amount which is THB 2000-2500 for 20 hours, so THB 250-THB 300 must be a good deal for both.

Thanks for the reply. That the Thai teacher gets roughly half the amount is a useful pointer.

I also did a bit of searching around and came up with some numbers from a thread here last year:

PROgressive Language School near the Bus Station in North Pattaya - 15000 baht for 60 hours private tuition.

WorldWideTEFL's ED visa program - 60 hour and 180 hour programs, resp. THB 9,900 and THB 29,500

So private tuition seems to run at about 250 Baht/hour, while a classroom-style programme costs about 165 Baht/hour.

That seems pretty much in line with what you said, so I think I will work on a budget of around 250 Baht/hour.

Thanks for the help. :)