Parking The Truck

jayenram

I parked the truck in a hotel car park last night. The FG said I had to move it elsewhere as there was a sign saying "motorbikes only" (in Thai). She went crazy when I refused.

It amazes me that in a country where driving on the wrong side of the road, driving without lights, driving the wrong way down a one-way street and running red lights is acceptable but disobeying a "non legal" sign is unforgivable!

Just my whinge for today.

:o

I parked the truck in a hotel car park last night. The FG said I had to move it elsewhere as there was a sign saying "motorbikes only" (in Thai). She went crazy when I refused.

It amazes me that in a country where driving on the wrong side of the road, driving without lights, driving the wrong way down a one-way street and running red lights is acceptable but disobeying a "non legal" sign is unforgivable!

Just my whinge for today.

:o

Point is that when the cars parked, theres no effort involved on the MiB's part, so a ticket demanding a ridiculous amount of cash is easy to give!

Watch out you'll get stung!

Yes, I can easily imagine the 'accidental' damage to be viewed afterwards...

I think I would have offered a little 'incentive' to get her cooperation if I really wanted to park my truck in the 'bikes only' section... :o

On thing to consider is that this lady likely has a boss, too, and she'll likely get a ration of shit from her boss over your parking. If she is the boss, and this interaction took place in front of her underlings, then you can figure the rest...

I was told by the local police here that doing that was illegal. At the end of the day, the owner of the restaurant etc doesn't own the road.

It doesn't look like it is a widely enforced las, as I asked the policeman what he was going to do "Mai bpen rai" was the answer.

I asked him it I hit the barricade with my truck, what will happen. "Maybe you have bad luck"

I think I would have offered a little 'incentive' to get her cooperation if I really wanted to park my truck in the 'bikes only' section...  :o

On thing to consider is that this lady likely has a boss, too, and she'll likely get a ration of shit from her boss over your parking. If she is the boss, and this interaction took place in front of her underlings, then you can figure the rest...

The FG IS the boss, I am not too sure what incentive jayenram could offer her to calm her down...unless the FG becomes the WG too? jay wot say you?

I think I would have offered a little 'incentive' to get her cooperation if I really wanted to park my truck in the 'bikes only' section...  :o

The FG IS the boss, I am not too sure what incentive jayenram could offer her to calm her down...unless the FG becomes the WG too? jay wot say you?

Clearly, the best answer is to avoid getting in a power struggle with somone over such a stupid thing in the first place. If you want to pick a fight with someone, pick it with yourself instead of subjecting others who are trying to do their jobs to such abuse...

:D You are so right in what you said Jay.

I have parked in "no parking" (2 red cones on a government rd :o ) areas and I have had my tyres let down on a few occasions, to the delight of the idiots shrugging their shoulders whilst I ask "who *&^% let down my tyres".

I now have a air compressor in my car (Run via the cig lighter), I am waiting for it to happen again, so I can see their faces as I pump the tyres back up in 2 mins, laugh, whip the hair back and strut off :D

Clearly, the best answer is to avoid getting in a power struggle with somone over such a stupid thing in the first place. If you want to pick a fight with someone, pick it with yourself instead of subjecting others who are trying to do their jobs to such abuse...

Who's trying to do a job here?

I think there are a number of misunderstandings here. The FG is my Thai girlfriend, not some kind of car park attendant. The car park was a hotel car park and privately owned by the hotel. No-one from the hotel staff made any comment as to where I had parked.

The point that I was trying to make is that traffic laws are being constantly violated, many in full view of the MiB, but I was repremanded for not obeying a "non-legal" sign in a private car park.

Yes, I can easily imagine the 'accidental' damage to be viewed afterwards...

This lady IS the big boss

Who's trying to do a job here?

I think there are a number of misunderstandings here. The FG is my Thai girlfriend, not some kind of car park attendant. The car park was a hotel car park and privately owned by the hotel. No-one from the hotel staff made any comment as to where I had parked.

The point that I was trying to make is that traffic laws are being constantly violated, many in full view of the MiB, but I was repremanded for not obeying a "non-legal" sign in a private car park.

Oh, that's what FG is... Typing a few extra letters sometimes sure can clear things sometimes :D

Being reprimanded by your girlfriend is no big deal. At least she doesn't have a ######ing whistle :D

And WG? :o