Thaksin Confident He Can Return To Thailand In 6 Months

churchill

Thought i would just add this, I'm sure someone is going to say it. But wasn't that the government elections in 2005?.

Yes it was and as Thaksin was the leader of TRT. He is elected as prime minister by default. Or did i miss something somewhere? :)

Yes, since there is no such correlation.

Edited by TAWP

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit was elected after so many efforts of all people who want to help him.

After a coup 2549, after the Constitution Law was changed to ban all executive members if one member is wrong, after army instructed MP to vote for Abhisit, after months of PAD's occupying Government House, after a week PAD's airport blockage, after so many other violence of PAD, after almost 150 members of Thai Rak Thai / PPP were banned.

Is it worth to invest that much?

Khun Thaksin did not need any of the above. He won election twice by his own power. He works for the people who voted him. He does not need to please any politician or army chief or who ever who support him.

Do you see the difference?

What's a caretaker PM..??

I've only read some of the recent posts on this thread, but I see the adage,

"one person one vote" bandied around.

How about the tens of thousands of hill tribe people who have little chance of ever getting a Thai ID card? People who were born and raised in Thai territory - some of whom can trace their ancestry back several generations within Thai borders.

One particularly ridiculous Thai rule is: anyone born in Thailand has to have their birth officially registered at a Thai hospital right away.

Have the people who wrote that ludicrous rule seen the distances and roads involved?

I just spent a weekend driving in some remote regions and let me tell you; a person would have to have a private helicopter in good condition to get from some of those villages to 'civilization.' - if you could build a helo-pad, as the hills are as steep as Nepal's.

There's a reason why Mr. T showered money for votes on poor Issan farmers but didn't do a thing for hill tribers. The Issan people can at least cast votes (however tainted the process). The hill tribers can't vote, so let's leave them in squalor. ....oh their girls are cute, so lets allow them to sneak in the luggage compartments of buses to Bkk and Pattaya in order to sexually service the big shots. Other than that, hill tribers are useless to Thai VIPs.

p.s. the going rate (paid to police) for getting illegally shuttled to Bkk is Bt.6,000. To Malaysia, it's Bt.12,000. Once the girl gets out of the luggage dept of the bus (or the police van), she stands to get sold to a brothel for Bt.25,000 on up - depending on how young and sexy she looks.

Edited by brahmburgers

• 1 year later...
Posted 2009-08-01 19:46

Former prime minister

Thaksin Shinawatra is confident that he can return to Thailand in six months,

Kwanchai Praiphana, chairman of the Udon Thani Loving Club, said Saturday.

Kwanchai said he met Thaksin in Dubai and he expressed the confidence that the political situation would change

and the Democrat-led government would collapse so he would be able to return in six months.

Kwanchai said Thaksin also promised that he would return to serve the people by returning to politics.

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 01/08/09http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/30108858/Thaksin-confident-he-can-return-to-Thailand-in-6-m

Seems his plans to make the government collapse in 6 months

starting 2 Augusts ago was wildly optimistic or just plan nutzo.

He also promised to leave politics forever, a year earlier that this.