Tv Remote Control Needed!

Drew Aitch

TV Remote Control – Help!

Hi Forum

This is a bit of a lame request I'm afraid, but after visiting a couple of computer stores and the TV department of Central, I'm at a loss as to where I can purchase a new remote control for a Samsung TV. Has anyone here ever picked up a replacement in Chiang Mai?

I remember back home it used to be possible to buy what they called universal remote controls. These handy gadgets could be programmed to work with any remote controlled device. This meant you could use one remote for all devices and not have a bunch of the buggers lined among the arm of the chair.

Talking of remote controls on the arms of chairs, why is it that every time the bloody things fall on the floor, the backs have to fly off and the batteries shoot away in different directions? Hmm! :D

Anyway, I don't mind having to get up to change the channels, but now the sound buttons' buggered too, and that's proving to be a bit of a nuisance late at night

Cheers :)

Aitch

You can buy "clones" for every device known to man for about 100 Baht each at the electronics shop in the Carrefour parking lot, just as you walk out the door to the underground parking past the ceramics seller.

Second that one - bought Samsung remote there before.

The best universal remote that you can but is the "Logitech" and there are many models produced .

It will operate your remote control fans, TV, home theatre, DVD player and possibly flush the dunny, but, try to find one in Chiang Mai will be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Same as decent walk around the house telephones like Uniden (probably the best that you can buy, and not expensive either) but in 20 years I have never seen one on sale in Thailand.

You can buy "clones" for every device known to man for about 100 Baht each at the electronics shop in the Carrefour parking lot, just as you walk out the door to the underground parking past the ceramics seller.
The shop that is near the computer plaza that is close to the Chang Puak Gate has every remote imaginable. I'm not sure of the name of the place. It's the computer plaza next to the S & P.

Both branches of the same chain store: Amorn. And if Amorn doesn't have a remote for you, nobody does...

The shop that is near the computer plaza that is close to the Chang Puak Gate has every remote imaginable. I'm not sure of the name of the place. It's the computer plaza next to the S & P.

Both branches of the same chain store: Amorn. And if Amorn doesn't have a remote for you, nobody does...

Yes, correct.

Millions of em in there.

The best universal remote that you can but is the "Logitech" and there are many models produced .

It will operate your remote control fans, TV, home theatre, DVD player and possibly flush the dunny, but, try to find one in Chiang Mai will be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Same as decent walk around the house telephones like Uniden (probably the best that you can buy, and not expensive either) but in 20 years I have never seen one on sale in Thailand.

agreed, looked around for a cordless home phone, but ones available werent as good as Uniden that ive seen back in NZ. I just didnt see any Uniden phones here.Finally got one on my last trip back. (NB, i needed to change the phone connection cord to the base to make it work)

Thanks guys. It appears i was just looking in the wrong places.

I went to the shop Amorn as recommended here, as it's nearest my home. Picked up a replacement for a mere 150 Baht, so i'm one happy camper

Cheers

Aitch

Drew, I'm so happy for you mate.

I could hardly sleep last night worrying about your predicament, but thanks to all the good souls on this forum your problems are all over. Praise the Lord.