Switch From Honda Cbr150 To Tiger Boxer Rs250

gmac

Hi gmac,

Sry to pop in that late.i have my boxer 250 Rs for 8 months now and i rode 25000 km together without any problem.Only very minor issues tiger cleared it all free of charge.

HI PB if the boxer doesnt exist for you why are they so many treads about it ? If you dont like the boxer stay out of the treads and dont make yourself so ridiculous. many of the members here are laughing with you

What about the boxer is approved to ride on European roads the main dealer is in the Netherlands later more information.

The E-boxer too .TIGER BAD ?????????????????????????????????????

there is a dealer in pattaya Sukumvit soi 53 across from a petrol station (ESSO i think )Yamaha and Tiger dealer

hope that helps

Charlie

Thanks Charlie. I saw that one but didn't go in as I could only see a Yamaha sign, only seemed to be Yamaha's outside as well. Maybe they have some Tiger's round the back, I'll go and have another look.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi gmac,

Sry to pop in that late.i have my boxer 250 Rs for 8 months now and i rode 25000 km together without any problem.Only very minor issues tiger cleared it all free of charge.

HI PB if the boxer doesnt exist for you why are they so many treads about it ? If you dont like the boxer stay out of the treads and dont make yourself so ridiculous. many of the members here are laughing with you

What about the boxer is approved to ride on European roads the main dealer is in the Netherlands later more information.

there is a dealer in pattaya Sukumvit soi 53 across from a petrol station (ESSO i think )Yamaha and Tiger dealer

hope that helps

Charlie

Thanks Charlie. I saw that one but didn't go in as I could only see a Yamaha sign, only seemed to be Yamaha's outside as well. Maybe they have some Tiger's round the back, I'll go and have another look.

Hi Gmac,

This is where tiger still needs to work on ...their "Dealer/Service Center visibility" ...often tiger dealers have a shared dealership ie. one of the 2 dealers in nakhonsawan is also a "Kawa" Big Bike Dealer and also sells Yamaha and also honda. Sure the Brand which is selling most has the biggest place of the showroom. But in general the Kawa Big Bike dealer (in nakhonsawan) is doing fairly ok...still i get a better service from the 240km-away Tiger in BKK ...they(tiger bkk) even come the distance to update or upgrade things (often for free, ) or if the job is bigger/more complicating the bike will be taken to factory and a replacement bike is offered while done so and they will return it once done...so who on earth would do such excellent Service???? Tiger does....anyone else???

Another thing that i really like is the fact that they keep updating things...although you have a great bike right away but there is no bike in the world perfect and to overcome this they simply keep on developing the bike and offer these upgrades to their existing customers too.

mbox

i DO LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE ALWAYS SUGGEST SOMETHING IS BAD. simply because they do not have a broad dealer network. Take Kawasaki big bikes as an example. if we use this method then they are also bad as they do not have many dealerships yet. I for example have to travel one and half hours to get to the closest one and that's Bangkok (i live in Nakhom Pathom)

And Kawasaki are one of the Big 4.

Tiger is a small company who are very wary of the Thai market. They have been burned before. They have a large export market to other Asian countries.

And yes they should be doing more on the dealer front (ensuring that the dealer has up to date stock and marketing material)

BUT if you are not near a dealer they will send a truck and a mechanic to you. It has been well documented that this has been over 250km's in some cases. Only one other brand do this and that is Big bike Yamaha ( for the same reasons, small dealer network) also note that the Yamaha's are over 6 times the price of the Tiger.

To each their own if you like one brand great. But do try and stop slagging off other brands. Especially if you have not even ridden one before.

Have a nice day.

Allan

Hi gmac,

hope that helps

Charlie

Hi Gmac,

This is where tiger still needs to work on ...their "Dealer/Service Center visibility" ...often tiger dealers have a shared dealership ie. one of the 2 dealers in nakhonsawan is also a "Kawa" Big Bike Dealer and also sells Yamaha and also honda. Sure the Brand which is selling most has the biggest place of the showroom. But in general the Kawa Big Bike dealer (in nakhonsawan) is doing fairly ok...still i get a better service from the 240km-away Tiger in BKK ...they(tiger bkk) even come the distance to update or upgrade things (often for free, ) or if the job is bigger/more complicating the bike will be taken to factory and a replacement bike is offered while done so and they will return it once done...so who on earth would do such excellent Service???? Tiger does....anyone else???

Another thing that i really like is the fact that they keep updating things...although you have a great bike right away but there is no bike in the world perfect and to overcome this they simply keep on developing the bike and offer these upgrades to their existing customers too.

mbox

Yes, the service sounds quite exceptional, although I really would prefer to have a local dealer for things like regular servicing. Just heard back from Khun Pariya and he says they don't have anything in Pattaya at the moment which is a bit of a blow. Really fancy a change from the CBR though and you guys are certainly making the Boxer sound attractive. Just wish I could have a look at one without having to trek up to Bangkok - I really hate that place. As I'm still several months away from changing anyway it's not a huge problem, just would be nice to have a look.

gmac

Hi gmac,

hope that helps

Charlie

Hi Gmac,

mbox

Yes, the service sounds quite exceptional, although I really would prefer to have a local dealer for things like regular servicing. Just heard back from Khun Pariya and he says they don't have anything in Pattaya at the moment which is a bit of a blow. Really fancy a change from the CBR though and you guys are certainly making the Boxer sound attractive. Just wish I could have a look at one without having to trek up to Bangkok - I really hate that place. As I'm still several months away from changing anyway it's not a huge problem, just would be nice to have a look.

gmac

Hi gmac,

You are right it would be nice to have a dealer there , regardless you will still get the regular service done in pattaya. If tiger don't have their own dealer as such there, they surely be able to point you to a service center that will service the bike for you and have their approval.If there is something with more difficulty on the bike to repair i am certain they would proceed as i stated ...they will pick up your bike and give you a replacement bike ...when done they bring it back to pattaya. Simple really. Regarding to having a look/test at the bike...i do know that kano85 is at Pattaya once in a while, he could stop by and let you try his boxer( send him a pm and check if this is doable or not- its just my suggestion ) ....or if you fancy to come for a visit in nakhonsawan you are welcome to take a test on mine. Sure it is further away but it is not Bkk either :-) Can meet you at the busstation ....if you leave by bus early AM you be back the same evening in Pattaya too...or stay around and enjoy central thailand :-)

hope that helps,

mbox

mbox

hi gmac,

maybe next week i ll be in Pattaya on holiday with my gf. if it interest you can always mail me to meet me .

Im not 100 % sure if i come . dont be surprised about the looks of my boxer is completely different.

Tiger modified my boxer according the european standards. Indicators ,emissions, projector lights this is how the boxer looksin Europe .

soon available in Thailand im testing everything for tiger.

TIGER did the rebuild for free amazing. they are really busy with the future

who said they dont exist ?????????

post-69913-1251283135_thumb.jpg

Thanks mbox and Charlie for your help and kind offers. Following up from Charlie's earlier note I went back to the bike shop in Sukhumvit 53 (NernPlubWaan) and although they had nothing there they directed me another shop on Sukhumvit, just before Pattaya Klang heading South where I finally managed to have a look at a Boxer in the flesh!

It looks great, although I'm not keen on the red colour they had but Pariya has sent me a photo of a black one that I like and Charlie's yellow one is awesome. Looking at those changes to the lights etc and hearing what you say about you testing the bike for Tiger I'm glad I need to wait a few months before I change. Looks to me as if by the time I go to get mine some of your developments may have become standard and it'll be an even better machine.

Oh ok i get it the headlights from the Sachs. But with a surround... They look funky... I likey

Those are also the headlight and indicators that are mounted on the E-Boxer which is for the US market actually, but i think they will have a go to Europe too. Not sure if it is Sachs but the lights will be stronger and the indicator look better. As for the Light design, it makes the bike sure look different. The red Boxer on the back of this picture is mine waiting for the same indicator but a complete different light which is a cb400-style light . The fairing will go and the light mounted will be similar as was mounted on the Kawasaki Vector so cb style but a bit smaller in size ( the kawasaki vector is a bike that was manufactured by what is now Tiger, but actually the name was then Thai Kawa and during the '97 crises this had changed).

So to add on this, the console need to be redesigned as the current one was basically closed with the fairing...will keep you updated and post pictures once done.But my wild guess makes it a great looking "naked bike" ...

mbox

Thanks mbox and Charlie for your help and kind offers. Following up from Charlie's earlier note I went back to the bike shop in Sukhumvit 53 (NernPlubWaan) and although they had nothing there they directed me another shop on Sukhumvit, just before Pattaya Klang heading South where I finally managed to have a look at a Boxer in the flesh!

It looks great, although I'm not keen on the red colour they had but Pariya has sent me a photo of a black one that I like and Charlie's yellow one is awesome. Looking at those changes to the lights etc and hearing what you say about you testing the bike for Tiger I'm glad I need to wait a few months before I change. Looks to me as if by the time I go to get mine some of your developments may have become standard and it'll be an even better machine.

Hey gmac whats wrong with the red color :) ??? :D

but honestly i have never seen the boxer in black...could be interesting .

glad you found a Boxer to look at, and as mentioned before tiger will upgrade Bikes(if requested) once the things are available and "stood the test"

mbox

hi gmac

Nice to hear you could see a boxer. The black in combination with silver looks really great i saw one before but colours are personnal.

Tiger is constantly working to improve their qlty. and i can say the bike improved already . The engine reliability is good 25 k without any issue

think about everything and make the right choice for your needs. if u want speed stay with the honda. If you want strong sporty all rounder go for the boxer .

charlie

hi gmac

Nice to hear you could see a boxer. The black in combination with silver looks really great i saw one before but colours are personnal.

Tiger is constantly working to improve their qlty. and i can say the bike improved already . The engine reliability is good 25 k without any issue

think about everything and make the right choice for your needs. if u want speed stay with the honda. If you want strong sporty all rounder go for the boxer .

charlie

charlie, need to point out that there is little difference on the speed side really....the thing where the boxer has more effect is when trying to overtake on mid/high speeds as it delivers the power needed....even better than some 400 cc bikes i have owned before ...

the advantage on the cbr is ...... hel_l what is it??? ok found one...it is cheaper to buy new :-) not for much though

other than that i can't really find any advantage on the cbr -specially if you are a bit of a meatball like myself :-) and would end up looking like completely ridiculous on it...

mbox

hi gmac

charlie

charlie, need to point out that there is little difference on the speed side really....the thing where the boxer has more effect is when trying to overtake on mid/high speeds as it delivers the power needed....even better than some 400 cc bikes i have owned before ...

the advantage on the cbr is ...... hel_l what is it??? ok found one...it is cheaper to buy new :-) not for much though

other than that i can't really find any advantage on the cbr -specially if you are a bit of a meatball like myself :-) and would end up looking like completely ridiculous on it...

mbox

Hi mbox & Charlie

Sorry to knock the red colour mbox, nothing personal, my current CBR is red and like the change in bike I tend to like to change colour as well. I've also had a yellow CBR so it's not just your colour I won't be going for (sorry Charlie!). You seem to have a little contretemps regarding the speed but as I'm pretty much an old fart, the top end isn't too important.....doubt I'll ever find out what it is! What is attractive is the extra torque giving the acceleration when you need it, especially when I forget to change down!. And stop having a go at the CBR will you mbox, I've still got to live with it for a few more months yet! :)

Nearly forgot, here is a picture of the Black version that Pariya sent me. Think I might get those rear shocks done in red though, look a bit strange in yellow against the rest of the bike.

post-36175-1251301725_thumb.jpg

Edited by gmac

hi gmac

charlie

mbox

Hi mbox & Charlie

Sorry to knock the red colour mbox, nothing personal, my current CBR is red and like the change in bike I tend to like to change colour as well. I've also had a yellow CBR so it's not just your colour I won't be going for (sorry Charlie!). You seem to have a little contretemps regarding the speed but as I'm pretty much an old fart, the top end isn't too important.....doubt I'll ever find out what it is! What is attractive is the extra torque giving the acceleration when you need it, especially when I forget to change down!. And stop having a go at the CBR will you mbox, I've still got to live with it for a few more months yet!

Nearly forgot, here is a picture of the Black version that Pariya sent me. Think I might get those rear shocks done in red though, look a bit strange in yellow against the rest of the bike.

post-36175-1251301725_thumb.jpg

gmac...nice picture and no hard feeling over colors of bikes... :-)

btw i did not have a go on the cbr's just they don't have an advantage over the Boxer ...at least not for the things that count for me....in general the cbr is a good bike my vote went for the boxer as the seating position and the power being delivered when needed really ...later i found out over the great service too...which is a big plus. spares are cheap and maintenance on the boxer is also easy.

mbox

Hello gmac,

i am the one who ask for the black Tiger Boxer 250RS and i painted Kano's yellow one black :) (only by photoshop)

I had a great communication with Tiger / Pariya and will buy such one later.

If the rear shock absorber is black too and you can get white wheel racing stripes the bike will look perfect.

Hello gmac,

i am the one who ask for the black Tiger Boxer 250RS and i painted Kano's yellow one black :) (only by photoshop)

If the rear shock absorber is black too and you can get white wheel racing stripes the bike will look perfect.

Yes it looks great, it's certainly sold me on black! Wondering what it would look like with the detailing in red rather than white, and certainly that yellow shock has to go! Please post photo's of yours when you get it.

gmac...nice picture and no hard feeling over colors of bikes... :-)

btw i did not have a go on the cbr's just they don't have an advantage over the Boxer ...at least not for the things that count for me....in general the cbr is a good bike my vote went for the boxer as the seating position and the power being delivered when needed really ...later i found out over the great service too...which is a big plus. spares are cheap and maintenance on the boxer is also easy.

mbox

mbox....Did not intend to cause offence, my point was I'm not in a position to change yet and I've got to live with my cbr's 'shortcomings' for a good few months yet. Sometimes hard to convey humour in writing! The power delivery aspect is a real plus for me as I find the cbr a little flat at times in town when I get caught in the wrong gear so the superior torque on the Boxer will be great. I'm not getting any younger either so the seating position will also help my dodgy back. As I tried to say before, don't rub my nose in all the Boxers advantages too much 'cos I've got to wait a while for mine!!! :)

Hello gmac,

Yes it looks great, it's certainly sold me on black! Wondering what it would look like with the detailing in red rather than white, and certainly that yellow shock has to go! Please post photo's of yours when you get it.

Hmm how about leaving it black and all thats white is becoming yellow ...also the racing stripe on the wheel- yellow.

Haklu....can you start your Photoshop again and try that out??? Anyways welcome at the Tiger Boxer Family- "A group of dedicated Tiger Boxer Riders :-)" When you got your bike show us some of the real pics then...

mbox

For routine maintenance, surely the few parts like an oil filter or brake pads can be taken to an experienced big bike mechanic? The Tiger's technology is decidedly low tech. No EFI and such. And according to some TV testimony of a friend, the 250 can be good for trouble free 40.000 km.

Q: Does Tiger publish bike sales by model? Those who are scared of the 250 being rare like hens' teeth might opt for the 200 cc which has the same bore, only a shorter stroke. Of this one, I saw literally 100+ today in Bangkok alone! But one Police station (near Phaolyothin Rd, Bangsue?) had about 15 CBR 150s parked, all black.

No doubt, both are good bikes!

Chris

There was a hardly used Tiger 250 RS up north, but someone else got it. Which brings me to wondering whether any ex Police Tiger 200s are for sale?

Some of us might want to start with used bikes...

I would love to ride one for a week all over Petchabun, about 6 hours from BKK, they call it the Switzerland of Thailand. Great winding roads, not much traffic...

Chris

hi Gmac,

Dont have to say sry about the colour.Buy the bike that you like most of all honda , tiger or whatever , anyones choice and colour you prefer .follow your heart mate. I'm not as a moderator looking down on a brand which he never has ridden on

Next week i gonna be in Pattaya if you want to meet let me know ....

The boxer is very torquey and easily leaves the honda cbr 150 behind while braking off the line. not even one followed me in bkk or even in Chiang Mai But for me this is not important.The comfort and reliability is as good or even better than Honda. the service from tiger is second to none.You'll never get this service from any other brand . The paintwork is excellent too my bike looks as new after 25000 km. no corrosion at all.

keep up the good work tiger

Charlie

For routine maintenance, surely the few parts like an oil filter or brake pads can be taken to an experienced big bike mechanic? The Tiger's technology is decidedly low tech. No EFI and such. And according to some TV testimony of a friend, the 250 can be good for trouble free 40.000 km.

Q: Does Tiger publish bike sales by model? Those who are scared of the 250 being rare like hens' teeth might opt for the 200 cc which has the same bore, only a shorter stroke. Of this one, I saw literally 100+ today in Bangkok alone! But one Police station (near Phaolyothin Rd, Bangsue?) had about 15 CBR 150s parked, all black.

No doubt, both are good bikes!

Chris

I haven't seen any sales figures of Tiger Bikes...but i think Tigers bigger market is the police boxer and merely outside of thailand ...some countries of Asia and i would think they are also going to be busy in US & Europe ..my guess is the E-boxer can be good on sales.Plus the Boxer 250 itself, for the euro market the boxer gets the round cb-style light plus indicators as on the eboxer.

I don't think the 250 rs will be too rare here, it will take a bit of time to do more advertising and some testing once thais are convinced of the product let the word of mouth do the rest. The problem is....to make thai understand that a cbr150 is as much Thai made as a boxer250 is...so none of the both is superior nor are they the same really...different kind of bikes.

It is often that i hear from Thais- they don't like the Tiger's because "made in thailand".....it makes little sense to me since honda , yamaha , kawasaki are all made in Thailand as well(with exception of some of the big bikes....).

Anyways with tiger getting more models and styles, manufacturing also the Sachs (or maybe jsut assembling or just sell...not sure really) i think we gonna have a good situation here...more bikes and models of various brands to choose from...and that can only be good for the price and for us Bikers.

mbox

Edited by mbox

hi Gmac,

Dont have to say sry about the colour.Buy the bike that you like most of all honda , tiger or whatever , anyones choice and colour you prefer .follow your heart mate. I'm not as a moderator looking down on a brand which he never has ridden on

Next week i gonna be in Pattaya if you want to meet let me know ....

The boxer is very torquey and easily leaves the honda cbr 150 behind while braking off the line. not even one followed me in bkk or even in Chiang Mai But for me this is not important.The comfort and reliability is as good or even better than Honda. the service from tiger is second to none.You'll never get this service from any other brand . The paintwork is excellent too my bike looks as new after 25000 km. no corrosion at all.

keep up the good work tiger

Charlie

Hi Charlie it would good to meet up and I'd love to see the famous first yellow Boxer close up. I'll send you a pm with a contact number. Interesting that you say your Boxer leaves the cbr off the line as usually I am first away at the lights without even trying. That extra 80 odd cc obviously makes quite a bit of difference despite what others have said. I'm not all that bothered about the pace as such but it is nice to get away from the pack when you get 15-20 bikes grouped at a red light.

From what I've read I'm pretty much sold on the Tiger already though I reckon it'll be a black one for me stealing your trim design in another colour...not too sure what it'll be yet, maybe red or yellow would be good. The service you have had sounds excellent though I suspect I would try to deal mainly with a local dealer if possible as I don't have your nomadic tendencies. :) Have already exchanged a few e-mails with Pariya though and he is giving a very good impression.

gmac

Hi Chris,

I ve been in Petchabun with my boxer it handles great in the mountains.the torquey engine propels u easy up on any mountain. If u wanna try it call Pariya or send him a mail.He will help to get a demonstrator for you .

Charlie

Hello gmac,

Hmm how about leaving it black and all thats white is becoming yellow ...also the racing stripe on the wheel- yellow.

Haklu....can you start your Photoshop again and try that out??? Anyways welcome at the Tiger Boxer Family- "A group of dedicated Tiger Boxer Riders :-)" When you got your bike show us some of the real pics then...

mbox

Nothing more from Haklu so I've had a little dabble with photoshop myelf. Never used it before and my hand was a bit shaky on the rear wheel but you get the overall impression. Did it with red trim as well just to see what it would look like.post-36175-1251426865_thumb.jpgpost-36175-1251426881_thumb.jpg

post-36175-1251426902_thumb.jpg

People, sorry I promised myself to not interfere anymore into Honda CBR-150R vs Tiger Boxer, but in basic what "Moderator" Peaceblondie say s over the the last two years has not changed. She loves a Honda CBR-150R and, yes it is a great machine... but then we all need to get to this age of time when we find ourself in problems fueling the Honda CBR with the right fuel... Yes, the latest Honda's, this year have a sign E20, and maybe late 2008 models have this sign, it is still recommended that you not use the new ethanol fuels.. Even you net get direct actual problems, inspective your carburetor float after 10 times E20 tank loads and say I lie..... You can actual feel that the smooth walls of before are changed to something I will compare to soft sand paper... (This is not trick you all can do this test... )

P.S. Comments from Peaceblondie and Tiger are almost like copy - a record playing itself over and over again - paste comments, not thinking and always the same... Honda good ..Tiger Bad... But then where is lord Honda now.. the Honda almighty lord has not introduced any newer or biker bike in Thailand then 110cc for 2 years... So Peaceblondie tell us the future or are we just talking about your next classic...

Edited by Richard-BKK

I have posted on topic in this comparison thread. From about post #10 onward, it has been almost an all-Tiger-Boxer-231.4RS commentary like the all-Tiger Boxer 231.4RS threads. Boxer this, boxer that; a regular Boxer Rebellion, where the factory is in central Thailand, Khun Pariya speaks English, old Boxer and new Boxer seats, limp wriststs (my comment), sore buns, sour grapes. Enjoy..

Peace. I think most of the posts have been on the OP's topic (maybe not yours).

The OP Gmac has been replying to the people who have replied to him. We all know you love your Cbr149.4, We all know Mbox and Kano love their Tigers. Soon we will find out if Gmac will enjoy the Tiger when Kano meets up with him. Personally the Tiger is not my idea of a BIG bike (because its not). But it is a very good town bike that is more than capable of longer distance touring (kano's 25thou km's).

Any way everbody has a favourite bike or a bike they think is better than other's. But Richard is right, Peace at least come up with different arguments about WHY it's not a good bike etc :)

I would actually really like you to ride the bike. Do you want to?

Allan

Edited by thaicbr