gmac

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Peaceblondie,

Most motorcyclists, which have some riding experience do not shift gear on sound or looking at the tach, it is a feeling... vibrations and feedback from the motorcycle.

Serious, you use the no TACH for many years now, are you no in touch with your motorcycle...do you wear thick gloves... It can be cooler in the North I hear...

How many of people out here look at the TACH or depend on sound to change gear (alone), I agree that sound is one of the sensors which make me shift... But I wear very good helmet and can hear it always...

No Richard, no thick gloves (even my thin fingerless gloves are packed away). I don't have to ride 35 km at 7 AM at 130 kph any more. It was 15 degrees here at 6:30 today, though.

I didn't mean I always look down to shift. My posture is nearly upright with short arms; the tach is way down on the dashboard. But when I'm striving for that last 1 or 2 hp, it helps to check my rpm. I've been riding bikes with tachs since 1964. And like most riders, I use all my senses.

• 1 month later...
post-89021-1263835659_thumb.jpgpost-89021-1263837049_thumb.jpg I Have had my Boxer 250 RS for about 4 months and love it . It handles great and feels good to drive city , highway and in the mountains . I have had bigger bikes Virago 920 and Maxim 650 and this has been the most fun to drive . We like to do 450-500 km runs ussualy ride 2 up and it handles better with 2 total 110kg . Have the bigger tubeless tires on it and saddlebags . I would buy another .

post-89021-1263835659_thumb.jpgpost-89021-1263837049_thumb.jpg I Have had my Boxer 250 RS for about 4 months and love it . It handles great and feels good to drive city , highway and in the mountains . I have had bigger bikes Virago 920 and Maxim 650 and this has been the most fun to drive . We like to do 450-500 km runs ussualy ride 2 up and it handles better with 2 total 110kg . Have the bigger tubeless tires on it and saddlebags . I would buy another .

Looking at your second photo, it is clear that Tiger Boxers are for pussies...