Display Lighting - Including Underwater

Steve2UK

Hi All,

Any of you know of a supplier in CM for display lights/lighting of various kinds?

I'm thinking of three items particularly:

1) "Chase" lights - comes in lengths of clear plastic tubing with the lights at intervals and usually has a few different settings to flash all lights on/off together or in sequence - so the light looks like it's travelling along the tube.

2) Glass fibre filament display with changing colours

3) Small lights for use underwater - e.g. in small fountain/pond.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Steve, my favorite light shop is on Chiang Moi, just past the Thai Miltary bank, on the left side just as the road bears to the left. They have all the stuff you mentioned, I believe.

By coincidence, I'm having some lighting installed for a waterfall tomorrow, and the guy who is installing the lights (in the water and outside) bought some low voltage underwater lights for a couple of hundred baht each. He said the shop is on Wulai road, right side, about two hundred meters from Pratu Chiang Mai.

Edited by Ajarn

Steve, my favorite light shop is on Chiang Moi, just past the Thai Miltary bank, on the left side just as the road bears to the left. They have all the stuff you mentioned, I believe.

By coincidence, I'm having some lighting installed for a waterfall tomorrow, and the guy who is installing the lights (in the water and outside) bought some low voltage underwater lights for a couple of hundred baht each. He said the shop is on Wulai road, right side, about two hundred meters from Pratu Chiang Mai.

Thanks, Ajarn - sounds spot-on (pun only half-intended :o ). I'll be round to both places a.s.a.p.

Oh - and good luck with the installation.......... looking forward to the time when I can get mine done :D

Edited by Steve2UK

The Wualai shop is brilliant, and cheaper than most other places for bulbs etc.

Thanks for that. Toured round a few of the shops today and the underwater lights part turned into a bit of an epic. Was too busy checking the wattage to spot that the light units and bulbs are low (12) voltage. So - managed to shatter a perfectly good bulb with mains voltage. But then, we were sold the complete kit from lamps to bulbs, extension cable and mains plugs (which they kindly put on the cable for us) - with no mention at all that we would also need a transformer. Finding a waterproof connector for the extension cable is a chapter by itself. Could be that I'll be finding a new use for a condom and tube of silicon sealant............ T.I.T. :o

Edited by Steve2UK