Tot Internet Speed

rohitsuk

i live out in sankamphaeng and only been here for one month. Typically, speeds were flucuating as many users report. However, past 2 days, i have been getting every bit of my 3mb line that i pay for...

my machine has been on since the day we moved in, 24 hrs a day... so i was used to seeing some variations, morning, evening, etc... but now, for 48 hrs or so... it is full tilt boogie!

maybe it is cuz i have not seen a TOT red truck for almost a week now?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i live out in sankamphaeng and only been here for one month. Typically, speeds were flucuating as many users report. However, past 2 days, i have been getting every bit of my 3mb line that i pay for...

my machine has been on since the day we moved in, 24 hrs a day... so i was used to seeing some variations, morning, evening, etc... but now, for 48 hrs or so... it is full tilt boogie!

RED TRUCK ??? That must be because you are getting your repairs from Songtao drivers....

TOT trucks are orange and inside there are hairy little critters eating bananas. Fear not, just call them tech's and they will go to some other location.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

RED TRUCK ??? That must be because you are getting your repairs from Songtao drivers....

TOT trucks are orange and inside there are hairy little critters eating bananas. Fear not, just call them tech's and they will go to some other location.

HAHAHAHA... that's funny... yes, i stand corrected... wrong color... been driving too much lately and competing for road space with those ubiquitous red trucks....

Yes, same here at Don Chan AM 48 hours at near max 3meg but slowed during today until tonight we are back to a pitiful 0.05 = totally useless for most purposes = no service at all really.

Off with their heads !

I am supposed to have the 3mb TOT Program.

After moaning, pitchin and bitchin for 3 months now, I was told the line to me was no good and they would be putting in a new one Monday [today] . The service was, in essence, down to nothing for most of the day and even no ADSL light or dial tone.

This past Saturday, by phone with the local ADSL , I really lost it when the told me it would be Monday, as the tech's are on holiday..

Well something must have worked as they came out with 4 guys pulling a wire, yesterday [sunday]. In about 15 mins they had connected the wire and left so fast that I didn't even have time to pull a speed test.

That was about noon Sunday and just after they had gone, I speedtested and was amazed to get 2.4mb International and slightly more for Thailand..... WOW

Not to worry.... by 5PM it was down to .4, .5, .6 mb range for both

This morning until about 1PM it was really good around the 2.4 to 2.6 mb. .....

and a test about 3PM [28th] from various servers is as follows :

Thailand

576737488.png

=============

International

Seattle

576738892.png

==============

Sydney

576739953.png

==============

London

576741192.png

=================

Strange but after having no service at all, these do not seem to objectionable...

gonzo

OK enough is enough, stop whining about tot/ttt 6 pages of ? and how many threads. You have other choices I went over to AIS 3G today. You can have CAT or True.Vote with your feet and money. TOT/TTT could care less about you and me. Wake up. :)

Well Mr. 2 week, 20 post wonder, why don't you sit on your thumbs and massage your brain. It will give you something to do thats really important.

A lot of us do have interest with the TOT lack of service.... If you don't , why the he11 are you reading it???? Doesn't seem to show to much intelligence.

Post on gang and keep the others that are interested informed.

:D

Here in Bangkok we've just added True internet to our TOT service in our building and I just ran a speed test (12:30 am). Clearly True is much faster. The service was terrible earlier today on both services. It's just getting worse and worse. Web pages from Uk take forever to download. As for torrents sometimes they download quickly and then suddenly service slows right down, stops; no signal, then resumes but very slowly like they are switching servers or suppliers. I don't know. We will be cutting out TOT.

post-92390-1254161825_thumb.jpg

I thought it not possible but TOT is actually slower than it has ever been today and so slow in fact that it will not even register on the Speedcheck sites.

Well it's Tom Pee to me because CAT are installing a cable service this week which they claim is 80% reliable for both connection and speed.  And the band played, Believe it if you Will, but let's give them a chance at least.

So, TOT and TT&T can kiss the parliament side of my, ask no questions and it's Goodbye to All That !

Vote with your feet fellow sufferers - give them a kick in the London derrière !

I thought it not possible but TOT is actually slower than it has ever been today and so slow in fact that it will not even register on the Speedcheck sites.

Well it's Tom Pee to me because CAT are installing a cable service this week which they claim is 80% reliable for both connection and speed.  And the band played, Believe it if you Will, but let's give them a chance at least.

So, TOT and TT&T can kiss the parliament side of my, ask no questions and it's Goodbye to All That !

Vote with your feet fellow sufferers - give them a kick in the London derrière !

interesting... as out here in san kamphaeng, i have been getting every bit of my 3mb line, day and night for a solid week now, no interruptions in service, no slow downs, nada problemas

shocked to say the least, and it is possible this will be the last message i will send before my network crashes for a month! hahahaha...

seriously... even with a couple of days of hard rain last week, etc... the connection has been stable and maximized...

amazing thailand

interesting... as out here in san kamphaeng, i have been getting every bit of my 3mb line, day and night for a solid week now, no interruptions in service, no slow downs, nada problemas

shocked to say the least, and it is possible this will be the last message i will send before my network crashes for a month! hahahaha...

seriously... even with a couple of days of hard rain last week, etc... the connection has been stable and maximized...

amazing thailand

Zippy what service are you with ???

TOT... 3mb line for 590 baht/month

The same as mine but apart from 3-7am it is almost at a full stop. Iplayer told me that it will take more than FOUR DAYS to download a ten minute programme. Is that one for the Guinness Book of Records ???

HI

One month at the 4mg speed which did not come even close ot its promises. VERY SLOW.....SLOW SLOW

They are charging me for a month -- about 1000B and also 1000B for the upgrade from 2mg which was never realized..

So all the stories about TOT are true I guess...STAY AWAY..

The Thai man I am renting from relates similar frustrations.

ITS A RIP OFF AS FAR AS I CAN SEE.. I hear good things about CAT if you can get it..

Walt

:)

yah... out here it went down thursday night... i called friday and got a call back from tech on saturday morning... and it was fixed. Then all day and night it was sporadic, coming and going at will, but alwasy 3M when it WAS up...

this morning all is good... just shows to go yah... depends on where you live, whether you fed the monks in the morning (we did today!) as well as "real" things like weather, etc..