Best Coffee In Bangkok

Ritti

For me the best coffee is an 1 cm thick espresso shot made with made in Italy medium roasted arabica beans, no sugar. For other people is a frappuccino, or a big cuppa filtered coffee.

So there is not a 'best coffee', but just close to what you like more.

The bakery at JW Marriott have very nice coffee, served in a real cup and with a small "free" cake.

Starbucks is at the very bottom of my list, but from time to time I enjoy a coffee at the icecream shop Swensen's......maybe just because I like the name :)

Sorensen

My best coffees:

Segafreda (Thonglor, Central World, Tops Silom)

Doi Tung (Impact, Suan Lum, JJ) but blows your head off. Have with macadamia brownie.

Amanta Ratchada apartments. 80 baht for latte, don't know how it's so good but it is.

Cafe Nero cappucino.

New cafe in Emporium serving Illy.

Most good Italian restaurants get it right, although I'm beginning to strongly appreciate Thai coffee.

When I lived in Thonglor I went out of my way to find coffee shops & coffee that felt / tasted special to me. Frankly the ones I tried were a letdown.

I'm probably uncouth, but a relaxing starbucks or au bon pain is on a par or better than the places I tried - it's not exactly akin to Italy here with the cafes is it?

I just had a coffee akin to Italy's finest. The new black-fronted cake/coffee bar 2nd floor of Emporium. Western prices and an Illy coffee bar at one end...but a takeaway cappucino was in a small paper cup half filled. It was great, but very small. At 120 baht it must be the most expensive coffee per millilitre in Thailand.

Being something of a coffee fiend as well, I try to try them all (both chains and independent cafes) that I come across. For straight American style brewed drip coffee, I too like Au Bon Pain's blend...very good for a morning cuppa (and I too appreciate the half&half cream and not the milk cream you get at most places). Their espresso drinks are not bad as well. I also recently tried Cafe Nero's Cafe Vienna (basically Cappuccino with large dollop whip-cream on top) and it was very good as well. S&P espresso drinks are pretty good (and they have 2 for 1 days once a month). An say what you will, but I have had good espresso drinks from the Mc Cafe outlets as well (and most are open 24 hours :) ).

I found a really charming small cafe on soi 19 Sukkie opposite from the SilQ Hotel called Lavani's Cafe. Small indoor and outdoor garden sitting space (for smokers) and wifi. Excellent espresso drinks.

Edited by PattayaBunLover

At the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi Ekkamai (Suk 63) across from the bus station is a wonderful outdoor/indoor cafe that serves excellent native Thai coffees in a very relaxing setting.

The grounds are designed to resemble old Sukkotai, there is seating both outside and inside with a/c. WiFi is available.

At night, there is traditional Thai music and dancing.

Many coffee addicts have told me they love Vietnamese coffee - haven't tried it myself, as had to give up caffeine.

Vietnamese coffee is actually inferior to the best Thai coffees, but they are prepared well, so many people enjoy them anyway. Lao coffee is probably as good as Thai coffee, but the beans are roasted correctly and all of that.

my great taste and place at here!!

"Cafe Martini Bar" at Oon-Nuj, Sukumwit 77/1 (near OOn-Nut BTS station)

At there serve both of some drink and coffee with homemade bakery (have free wireless internet)

if you need to find the cosy lovely place to enjoy with friends in cool atmosphere, I introduce U

see info below

URL cafemartini.blogspot.com

Cheers and Meet U at there(my favorited place)!!!

Br :)

my great taste and place at here!!

"Cafe Martini Bar" at Oon-Nuj, Sukumwit 77/1 (near OOn-Nut BTS station)

At there serve both of some drink and coffee with homemade bakery (have free wireless internet)

if you need to find the cosy lovely place to enjoy with friends in cool atmosphere, I introduce U

see info below

URL cafemartini.blogspot.com

Cheers and Meet U at there(my favorited place)!!!

Br :)

Above sounds good, pics look good. I'll try it before the week's out.

Had to sample a McD's gourmet latte and was mightily impressed. Another good coffee is S&P mocha or Cappucino.

The Coffee shop opposite Baan Siri 24 next to 7-11 halfway up sukhumvit 24 on the right. Great coffee, great staff good ambience and bangkok's best freshly baked croissants daily. Not for the budget coffee drinkers tho. The owner takes great pride in his coffee and baked goods. The Parma Ham and rocket baguette is also excellent.

Edited by namoo