New Honda Crv

ThaiPauly

We recently enquired about buying a new CRV and were told that a 2009 upgrade model will be available at the end of the year.

However, there is no brochure and the sales staff don't seem to have a clue as to what the changes are.

Anyone in the know?

Plus I would not mind hearing from those who already run a reasonably new model as to what you think of it?

We had a Jazz until a couple of years ago and were very pleased with it, so I am assuming the CRV will be just as good and reliable.

Cheers

TP

We recently enquired about buying a new CRV and were told that a 2009 upgrade model will be available at the end of the year.

However, there is no brochure and the sales staff don't seem to have a clue as to what the changes are.

Anyone in the know?

Plus I would not mind hearing from those who already run a reasonably new model as to what you think of it?

We had a Jazz until a couple of years ago and were very pleased with it, so I am assuming the CRV will be just as good and reliable.

Cheers

TP

Officially Official: 2010 Honda CR-V recieves modest tweakage

If you go to Google and enter Spy Shot Honda CRV 2010 there appears to be a very small difference to the front, Body wise....... or go to the Temple of VTec the Malaysian Tuning site.

Full Report here <a href='http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/redirect.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autoblog.com%2F2009%2F09%2F10%2Fofficially-official-2010-honda-cr-v-recieves-modest-tweakage%2F' rel='nofollow' target="_blank" onclick="java script:urchinTracker('/outgoing/www_autoblog_com');">http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/10/officia...odest-tweakage/</a>

Edit: Honda Thailand will launch CRV (2WL Codename) in November 2009

Edited by ignis

Anyone in the know?

Cheers

TP

I v seen some picts of it european magazines, so search them. Mild facelift.

I used to have a 2000 cc allwheeldrive. very heavy on fuel, much more than Fortuner, Camry 2,4 and Accord 2,4. Actually down to 7 km/litre on highway 150kmh.

The crv 2,4 is probably only 10% more thirsty than Accord 2,4

I have a new CRV and an older model, I dislike the new model so much that it has only done less than 10k since new. There are so many small things that are wrong with the design. To mention just a few.

Leather seats that are so cheap they are like plastic.

Clumsy Foot brake instead of parking hand brake

Center horn pad in the steering wheel means you have to take your hand off the steering wheel to use it.

Very hard ride.

Very poor petrol consumption

Very poor rear and side visibility

Badly designed digital gauges means you have to stare long and hard just to see how much fuel you have got.

Cheap value engineered wheels compared to the old model alu cast wheels.

No convenient 'cubby holes' back or front for 'things' like the old model

Poor driving position, no matter how one adjusts the seat and steering wheel.

Not even a neat fold down picnic table like on the older models

Arm rest is too thin and too short

A complete lack of power especially for overtaking. The power band seems to be in the wrong place over 2500rpm

I could go on....

IMHO It's junk but having said that it's probably the best of the very sad collection of SUVs available in Thailand.

Edited by Rimmer

I have a new CRV and an older model, I dislike the new model so much that it has only done less than 10k since new. There are so many small things that are wrong with the design. To mention just a few.

Center horn pad in the steering wheel means you have to take your hand off the steering wheel to use it.

Very hard ride.

Badly designed digital gauges means you have to stare long and hard just to see how much fuel you have got.

A complete lack of power especially for overtaking. The power band seems to be in the wrong place over 2500rpm

I could go on....

IMHO It's junk but having said that it's probably the best of the very sad collection of SUVs available in Thailand.

Was none of this noticeable on purchase Rimmer?

Very hard ride.

I could go on....

Was none of this noticeable on purchase Rimmer?

Nope, It would need about three days driving to understand all the backward engineering that has gone into this fantastic machine.

One would assume that a new model would be an improvement over the old model instead of three steps back.

I see in the link to the new CRV that some of the problems have been addressed but given the brand name and the very good previous models it should not have gone into production with so many bad features.

Thanks for the replies guys....certainly put me off plus the fuel consumption sounds appaling.

We are gonna test drive a deisel Captiva tomorrow , not much of a price difference but I have read good things about it

You cant go wrong with the Diesel powered Captiva, just said in another thread, "I have one and I love it!"

The only(?) problem is low 2nd hand value, bad if you buy new, good if you buy 2nd hand.

We saved 485.000bath on a almost new, 2008 Captiva 2.0 LT, compared to its original price, and still have 2 years factory warranty on it, i´m :)

Tommy

Thanks for the replies guys....certainly put me off plus the fuel consumption sounds appaling.

We are gonna test drive a deisel Captiva tomorrow , not much of a price difference but I have read good things about it

You cant go wrong with the Diesel powered Captiva, just said in another thread, "I have one and I love it!"

The only(?) problem is low 2nd hand value, bad if you buy new, good if you buy 2nd hand.

We saved 485.000bath on a almost new, 2008 Captiva 2.0 LT, compared to its original price, and still have 2 years factory warranty on it, i´m :)

Tommy

If I buy one (and we are going for a test drive in half an hour,) how will resale prices vary from say a CRV in 5 years...? Which is how long we would want to keep it for.

I don't see the second hand ones going that cheap on one-2-car, well certainly not the deisel ones.

I have just sold our Isuzu Adventure Master D-Max for 470,000, I paid about 1m for it 5 years ago, that does not seem too bad to me

I had posted a long reply (similar to Rimmer's) but I guess I was on posting holiday so I couldn't post... so that post is gone.

But basically I agreed with Rimmer, especially with the visibility and driving position parts.... and the cheap seats... and there is no pedal feel in either the throttle or the brake. NONE.

ThaiPauly, don't you have a pimped out Bimmer??? Keep that!

And as for the "re-design" of the CRV, couldn't they get rid of the heinous hexagon-thing on the tail-gate... it would look so much better with just one horizontal line across...

I had posted a long reply (similar to Rimmer's) but I guess I was on posting holiday so I couldn't post... so that post is gone.

But basically I agreed with Rimmer, especially with the visibility and driving position parts.... and the cheap seats... and there is no pedal feel in either the throttle or the brake. NONE.

ThaiPauly, don't you have a pimped out Bimmer??? Keep that!

And as for the "re-design" of the CRV, couldn't they get rid of the heinous hexagon-thing on the tail-gate... it would look so much better with just one horizontal line across...

Hi jcon,

Yes I do have a BMW as it goes, but it's really to powerful for my wife, so the new car is for her. Plus we do need an SUV for getting the dog around and driving in places where a BMW can't.

After all the damning posts about CRV's here she plumped for a white Captiva deisel. I test drove it and thought it perfomed very well and we got a much better discount than Honda will ever offer, plus quite a few extras as it was co-incidental that the dealers were celebrating their 10th anniversary yesterday.

Thanks once again for everyone's imput.

After all the damning posts about CRV's here she plumped for a white Captiva deisel.

Good choice TP (I mean keeping the Bimmer for yourself and getting something else for wifey haha jk). I think white is the color to go with as well. Nice they offer a diesel too, I wonder if Honda offered a diesel if they would steal some market share from the Fortuner....

Here is a pic of what I meant by the brutal C-pillar design that makes the blind spot, well, blind! Also note that hexagonal whatever-thingy shape on the tailgate yack! I thought for sure they could have gotten rid of that in the 'minor change.'

29092009846.th.jpg

Bought a CRV almost 1-year ago. On a mates recommendation, went with the biggest engine since he reckoned the smaller plant just didn't give you enough get up and go when you have to make a rapid speed/direction change due to local dipshit driver avoidance. We opted for the CRV as the Fortuner is a bit big for the wife (she won't drive the Hilux Vigo) and it was a decent family-sized car with decent looks. The Isuzu and Mitsu offerings are just fugly.

Anyway, it's got about 11k km on it now and has done city, highway and even hauled catfish and veggies from the farm. Reckon Rimmer needs orthopedic shoes, a back brace and maybe some corrective lenses. Staring long and hard at the fuel gauge? It's a simple horizontal bar! It's a comfy ride; I am 6'4" and the wife if 5' and the seat adjusts fully for both of us. Great comfort and legroom too, it has made the Udon-Pattaya r/t a couple of times in about the same time as the Vigo but marginally cheaper comparing diesel (about 7/8 of a tank on the Vigo) with gasohol (running on vapours but still only 1 tank on the CRV).

Someone was quoting fuel consumption at 150 kph motorway. That's over 90 mph &lt;deleted&gt;! and I haven't seen any petrol-heads magazine even think about quoting fuel consumption at those speeds as indicative of how fuel-efficient a car is unless its a MacLaren! Umm... what's Thai for lead-foot?

Anyway, never driven the older model so can't say how bad or good that was but we are happy with our one. We financed it over 2-years in case we wanted to offload it but the wife says, like me, it's a keeper.

They hinted in the Honda shop the other day that another new model comes out, hatchback, larger than the Jazz. Does anyone know about it?

Thanks for the input on the CRV...150 kmph is raro's cruising speed... :)

Will have a look at the Captiva, too!

They hinted in the Honda shop the other day that another new model comes out, hatchback, larger than the Jazz. Does anyone know about it?

It is call the Honda Freed, Google it for photos

4,215mm long x 1,700mm wide x 1,735mm high (that's very high). 2,740mm wheelbase, 240mm longer than Jazz II. 1,497cc I-VTEC engine offering 120PS at 6,600rpm and 146Nm torque at 4,800rpm. 5-speed torque converter transmission.

Came out in Japan in July 2008

post-42643-1254313693_thumb.jpg

http://www.bkkautos.com/image/tid/92

Posted last year

Edited by ignis

It could be Avanza done right.

Or it could be a flop - too small for a family, and Jazz is already spacious and practical, so why bother?

Not looked lately , but Honda were going to import it from Indonesia as was/is the Avanza

It could be Avanza done right.

Or it could be a flop - too small for a family, and Jazz is already spacious and practical, so why bother?

Not looked lately , but Honda were going to import it from Indonesia as was/is the Avanza

Hondas 7 seat, based on City/Jazz, will probably hit LOS in January from Indonesia when Asean importduty is reduced to 0%.

Its not a large segment, but surely will beat Toyota Avanza

interesting....not exactly a beauty and with a 1500 cc engine...??? &lt;deleted&gt;???

Yeah... not exactly a pussy magnet is it? At least you can pimp a CRV but that looks like a (tiny Japanese) soccer moms runabout to me. Might be able to get a lot more catfish in there tho'...

I miss my old Chevy Suburban... sometimes. There's nothing wrong with a car that comfortably sleeps ten IMHO.

Edited by NanLaew

interesting....not exactly a beauty and with a 1500 cc engine...??? &lt;deleted&gt;???

Yeah... not exactly a pussy magnet is it? At least you can pimp a CRV but that looks like a (tiny Japanese) soccer moms runabout to me. Might be able to get a lot more catfish in there tho'...

I miss my old Chevy Suburban... sometimes. There's nothing wrong with a car that comfortably sleeps ten IMHO.

and I miss my Ford Excursion V10........sometimes. But Vigos milage is triple :)