The Walking Street Journal.

Spalpeen

I enjoyed the first few issues full of jokes, cartoons and fun stories. But then it became a self indulgent rag, whose only point seemed to be how many swear words could be fitted in to one inch! Why change the format of a succesful paper? It went from a must have publication to an avoid wnenever possible rag.

Chris

I am a collector of Pattaya free editions and I expect my collection of 'Walking Street Journals' to appreciate in value over time.

Some of the phony advertising offers were hilarious; they had perhaps taken the idea from 'Viz' but I enjoyed reading it for half an hour or so.

I am a collector of Pattaya free editions and I expect my collection of 'Walking Street Journals' to appreciate in value over time.

Some of the phony advertising offers were hilarious; they had perhaps taken the idea from 'Viz' but I enjoyed reading it for half an hour or so.

I for one, loved The Walking Street Journal! Sorry to see it go. As an American, it was great to see the that free speech in Thailand is actually possible. In the case of the WSJ, their way!-over-the-top style showed me that Pattaya, and Thailand I guess, can be tolerant of alternative or uncomventional forms of humor & sexuality in print.

Ok, a large percentage of the humor in the WSJ was pretty wierd & twisted, but who's to say? For me, I guess I usually enjoyed about 70% of each edition; that's not bad. I always picked up a copy when I saw it at Foodmart/Jomtien, and always passed it along to another wierd & twisted interested-with-a-good-sense-of-humor farang.

Also, as a retired, former business owner, I regret the hard times that seemed to have caused the WSJ, and many other businesses to close. All entrepreneurs should be encouraged and wished well for their efforts, imagination and investments. And, in this case, imagination was really the right word. Where in the wide, wide world of sports did they come up with that stuff?!? Anyway...

Good Night, Uncle Festus, wherever you are.

You will be missed by many...

Monger on...

:)

I enjoyed the first few issues full of jokes, cartoons and fun stories. But then it became a self indulgent rag, whose only point seemed to be how many swear words could be fitted in to one inch! Why change the format of a succesful paper? It went from a must have publication to an avoid wnenever possible rag.

The change is style was the result of loosing the original editor for whom I was happy to write the occasional piece, I too have kept a small pile of monthly editions to recall my work in print and also they make very good fire-lighters.

WSJ was always a last minute rush to meet the press deadline as the focus of the publisher was in the other property glossies that made the money, WSJ was only ever a bit of fun in Pattaya, and yes it was near the mark - you should have seen the stuff that was self-censored :-)

The change is style was the result of loosing the original editor for whom I was happy to write the occasional piece, I too have kept a small pile of monthly editions to recall my work in print and also they make very good fire-lighters.

WSJ was always a last minute rush to meet the press deadline as the focus of the publisher was in the other property glossies that made the money, WSJ was only ever a bit of fun in Pattaya, and yes it was near the mark - you should have seen the stuff that was self-censored :-)

Could you tell me the month of the last issue of the WSJ and if possible the month of the 1st issue? Thanks.