Why Not Create 71 Bike Shop Thailand

Richard-BKK

The idea of 71 Bike Shop Thailand, is surely not from me. The person which idea it was will likely read it and love me for promoting his idea, or NOT.

Anyway, why we not create a more easy way to sell stuff here... The classified adds work but face it, nobody finds them searching any search engine, if you search in Google for "motorcycle classified ads Thailand" you will not even see Thaivisa as number one.

So how can we improve selling bike stuff... Anyway until today 71bikeshop.com is still free to register....

Richard, when I google 71bikeshop I don't get any matches....

Judas,

Richard is looking for feedback if there is a possible interest to make a Bikeshop .

I from my side can say there may well be good interest behind this ( although there are other websites ,predominantly thai, that sell a good variety of bike stuff already).

But Richard in all honestly, use a different server than your other pages. They have got to get an award for the slowest loading pages in all of thailand - even with server location outside of thailand this isn't an excuse. And i am sure you have been told this over a few times already ...so if you can overcome this issue it would certainly help

Let us know when you got it running,

happy trails,

mbox

Richard, there is a 71 bike shop - for bicycles - in Thailand. That being said, for those of us who can't read Thai, can't understand the Google translations, and can't understand why our Thai wife/gf won't spend hours with us translating Thai terms they've never heard before into English...I think it's a great idea. I've just ordered from 4 different websites in the States, to get stuff for my new Ninja 650r. I'm more or less half-way between BKK and CM, so going to look at the shops is out. Instead, I pay some fairly hefty shipping fees, and wonder where my 4th package is...first three arrived fine with no duty. So to have a web-based shop that sells good stuff at a decent price in Thailand would be really, really good! Go for it!

Cheers mbox, but how can a site that is not up and running be available for registration as per Richard's quote "So how can we improve selling bike stuff... Anyway until today 71bikeshop.com is still free to register"

Cheers mbox, but how can a site that is not up and running be available for registration as per Richard's quote "So how can we improve selling bike stuff... Anyway until today 71bikeshop.com is still free to register"

Richard meant...that domain is still available...

mbox

I like the idea of a website or forum in English that is more about selling products. The Thai forums pretty much all have a healthy footfall on the selling sections. But what products, who will source them, etc,etc,etc

I like the idea of a website or forum in English that is more about selling products. The Thai forums pretty much all have a healthy footfall on the selling sections. But what products, who will source them, etc,etc,etc

To be honest, it would be just sufficient to provide a list of Bikeshop websites with the contact info. I did contact a few of Bikestuff selling websites that are in thai...i either sent them an sms or email in english cause my thai sucks and to my surprise i got reply from most of them(or a phonecall from somebody who speaks a little english) than they give me payment info(usually bankdetails for banktransfer), i paid & i gave them my address a few days later it came by ems...

sure a website/forum would have to agree first to allow posting such links....

mbox

Does that mean it might be ruled in by a forum Whose Name Cannot Be Mentioned? :)

I think we are not allowed to place the url...so we should be able to give google search terms:

Here such search terms where we could place such Biker links(on the boards/forums):

google for "tiger sachs club"

or " secret soi"

or "golden triangle rider"

did i forget anything?

happy trails,

mbox

...The classified adds work but face it, nobody finds them searching any search engine, if you search in Google for "motorcycle classified ads Thailand" you will not even see Thaivisa as number one...

I have a feeling that any new website being created tomorrow would take a very long time to show up at the top of the results in a Google search, probably not in your lifetime.

Doing a search today, classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/ came up in 7th place. That’s not bad, I think, and the more ads that are placed there and the more these ads are being read, the higher the ranking will go.

post-21260-1255444077_thumb.png

Now let's say you are looking for a particular brand and model of motorcycle, for example a Honda Wave. This gives you a ThaiVisa result in 3rd place.

post-21260-1255444269_thumb.png

--

Maestro

maestro,

while you are right over pageranking and being shown on google on the search terms....but where's the bike shop???? won't help much to find thaivisa with secondhand bikes only to be found, no biker gear, no bike spares, no bikers accesories... and the one who came to you through google search will leave and search for a bikeshop just as fast. I think the idea is good...if it is done correctly.

mbox

the problem is that most webshops suck, including TV classifieds, as useful as they are, I'd probably not find what I am looking for there. Or, I just don't want to spend hours looking for things.

I have seen the thai websites that sell stuff. They seem to be made for people who love to browse the website for hours on end to finally find what they want, a bit like a large flea market. Not working for me.

What's 71? I am guessing some famous bike shop?

Clearly there is huge potential for a webshop for bike stuff, if you speak to a Thai audience as well as English. It would have to be dual language. The potential is there because the Thai enthusiast bike market is pretty much a large niche market, perfect for an online shop, very hard to cater to in a brick and mortar store.

Edited by nikster