Shoe Repair Shop Location?

Jingthing

Can someone steer me to a good shoe repair shop? I guess these would usually be outside stand type places. Yes, I can afford to buy new shoes but I have some special ones that are almost new that broke in a weird way. Thanks for any tips. Looking for Pattaya or Jomtien, not far side.

Note -- sorry, I accidentally posted this in news clippings, have asked a mod to move it. Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

Can someone steer me to a good shoe repair shop? I guess these would usually be outside stand type places. Yes, I can afford to buy new shoes but I have some special ones that are almost new that broke in a weird way. Thanks for any tips. Looking for Pattaya or Jomtien, not far side.

Note -- sorry, I accidentally posted this in news clippings, have asked a mod to move it. Cheers.

There is a guy outside of Tucom that has a shop. My girlfriend takes all her shoes there to get new tips put on the heels. He is on the Second Road side of Tucom.

Edited by rmicheald

I know you asked for shoe repair shop 'not on the far side' if all else fails there is a guy i've used a couple of times on Soi Khaotalo who does an excellent job of repair.

As you turn into Soi Khaotalo from the Sukhumvit road his stall is 250 meters down on the right hand side.

Keep a sharpe eye open coming from the Sukhumvit as his stall is blinded by a wall and if you pass the first 7/11 which is on your left you've gone to far.

There is a guy outside of Tucom that has a shop. My girlfriend takes all her shoes there to get new tips put on the heels. He is on the Second Road side of Tucom.

I frequently walk up Pattaya Tai from Second Road to Tucom and don't recall seeing the shop. Is it on the same side of the street as Tucom? Within how many blocks (minutes?) from Tucom?

I am aware of the shop almost at the corner of Second Road & Pattaya Tai (on Pattaya Tai on the same side as the wat), but the past few times I've gone there the quality of work was not good.

There used to be a guy on the sidewalk directly across the street from Tucom, but I've not seen him in over a year.

I frequently walk up Pattaya Tai from Second Road to Tucom and don't recall seeing the shop. Is it on the same side of the street as Tucom? Within how many blocks (minutes?) from Tucom?

I am aware of the shop almost at the corner of Second Road & Pattaya Tai (on Pattaya Tai on the same side as the wat), but the past few times I've gone there the quality of work was not good.

There used to be a guy on the sidewalk directly across the street from Tucom, but I've not seen him in over a year.

He is just before the corner on Second Rd, about 2 or 3 shops from the corner. Not sure I would give him an expensive pair of shoes from my experience.

He is just before the corner on Second Rd, about 2 or 3 shops from the corner. Not sure I would give him an expensive pair of shoes from my experience.

Okay, then, that's the guy I knew about, on the same side of the street as the wat. First time I went there (after the guy across the street from Tucom disappeared), he did a good job. I've gone twice since, and the work was substandard.

So, back to square one: where is a good shoe repair place in Pattaya/Jomtien?

The best 'old cobbler' has been working from a hole in the wall just around the corner from the 2nd Rd/South Rd traffic lights, southwest corner, just inside the entrance to Soi 14. beside the tatoo shop which is behind the liquor store on the corner.

post-35874-1256363100_thumb.jpg

It's the shop center of picture with the chap in the white shirt waiting for his shoes. This place re-soled my Timberlands way, way back in 1980-something and was still their when a new pair needed similar work a couple of years ago.

Thanks to MapJack TM for the above!