Opened New Account Because Of Glitch

brahmburger

I had been a long-standing member of ThaiVisa, as 'brahmburgers.' However, the past 4 to 5 days I'd been locked out. Not banned (or at least not to my knowledge).

Because of having trouble getting the lock-out fixed, I decided to open a new account using an almost identical name.

Has this only happened to my account recently, or has it happened to others? I'm not a 'conspiracy theory nut' (not that I know of) but could it be somehow be related to my posts?

....many of which are anti-Thaksin. A thin-skinned man with a bazillion baht could easily employ a web-savvy person to try and stifle annoying little people like me. The Chinese do it hundreds/thousands of times per day; bolloxing up web sites and email accounts of annoying people who aren't flattering to their cause.

Ok, maybe I am a conspiracy theorist. Are there any counselors with mind-numbing drugs out there can help me?

Support has informed me that you are unable to identify the email registered with that account and since you cannot verify your identity as the owner of the account the password cannot be reset.

I think anyone can understand this reasoning. If you were able to verify the email registered with the account then you could have the password reset, otherwise, anyone could email into support claiming to be a member and get the password changed.

This is the real Brahmburgers. I now have my account back.

Thai Visa support was very helpful in the process.

When I got my account back, a few minutes ago, I noticed the email on it was:

brahmburgers at live.com

...which is an email I've never used nor seen before.

I tried going to live.com to do some investigation, but it's another name for bling.com

I also changed my password. I'm still stumped as to who would do a thing like that on a forum (it's more understandable for a bank account). Whomever it was, didn't make any posts. ....so it was apparently to just block me, and it worked for a few days, at least.

It happened right after I posted a denigrating comment on ex-caretaker PM Thaksin (one of many that sheds too much light of truth on the scoundrel). If the dastardly deed was done by someone working for Thaksin in that capacity (to bolox up other peoples' online accounts) then that's a serious and illegal act, and I hope all the culprits get busted.

BB

• 2 weeks later...
You probably mean "bing" and not "bling". Did you ever have a Hotmail account? Does brahmburgers at hotmail.com saound familiar? Hotmail.com redirects to live.com.

Conspiracies seem to vary in direct proportion to spelling errors.

As highlighted in bold in your post as well :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :)