Marrige Visa 90 Day Reporting

Hi..

Just looked at my passport thinking it was the 24th I shold have reported but it was the 14th.. i know you get 7 days either b4 or after but what happens after that? do you they charge you , just give you a telling off or anything else?

I could do without having to pay any fines im broke :)

Can i just post the 90 day thing and wait for a response? and if so whats the new address..

all help very welcome

Hi..

Just looked at my passport thinking it was the 24th I shold have reported but it was the 14th.. i know you get 7 days either b4 or after but what happens after that? do you they charge you , just give you a telling off or anything else?

I could do without having to pay any fines im broke :)

Can i just post the 90 day thing and wait for a response? and if so whats the new address..

all help very welcome

The grace period of 7 days is no longer offered, there will probably be a fine of at least 2000baht and a stamp in your passport saying your a bad boy. Well that's what happened to me recently anyway, even 1 day late now and you will get fined.

The official line is you have 7 days either side of the report date to do 90 day reporting in person or someone does for you. But some immigration interpret the rules differently ... For mail-ins, where accepted, they have to arrive by the report date. You will need to go to the immigration office covering the area where you live to report, and you will be fined 2,000 baht for late reporting.

Edited by thaiphoon

The official line is you have 7 days either side of the report date to do 90 day reporting in person. But some immigration interpret the rules differently ...

You will need to go to the immigration office covering the area where you live to report, and you will be fined 2,000 baht for late reporting.

That's what I also thought as I was late reporting just after Songkran this year so I rang them and asked if there was a grace period, I was told 7 days. But then a few weeks ago I was late again and the immigration officer said the grace period is no more, he showed me a small piece of paper pinned up behind his desk which confirmed this and a minimum 2000baht fine for anyone reporting late, even by 1 day.

That's what I also thought as I was late reporting just after Songkran this year so I rang them and asked if there was a grace period, I was told 7 days. But then a few weeks ago I was late again and the immigration officer said the grace period is no more, he showed me a small piece of paper pinned up behind his desk which confirmed this and a minimum 2000baht fine for anyone reporting late, even by 1 day.

This is from the immigration website:

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days

Procedure and notification

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Have seen no official notification advising any change, but yes there are some recent reports of some immigration offices operating differently ... but hey, that is nothing new.

If you are moore than 7 days late with you reporting, do nothing anymoore and pay the 2000 (mAYBE 5000) bath when you ask the next time for your visaextension!

....he showed me a small piece of paper pinned up behind his desk which confirmed this and a minimum 2000baht fine for anyone reporting late, even by 1 day.

Korruption!?

I know, if you stey there it is not easy. But you have to know before what you will do and then i woud go away and pay them when i extend my next visa!?

Edited by Somrak

The normal fine is 2,000 if you admit to it.

If they catch you out it can be 4 0r 5 Thousand Baht and 200 Baht for every day you are late.

The law is 7 days before or after but there have been reports of certain offices making their own rules.

So if i actidently lose the piece of paper with the date and just fill out anothert 1? i am signing in a different area now anyway before it was Hua Hin now its Bangkok

So if i actidently lose the piece of paper with the date and just fill out anothert 1? i am signing in a different area now anyway before it was Hua Hin now its Bangkok

Details are on the computer so no big deal. But you would need if doing 90 day reporting by mail.