Down Town Hotel/rental Villa Recommendation

jrbkk64

Hi All,

I have 5 colleagues/friends coming over for golf and fun from 10-14 December. I have been to Hua Hin many times but the last time is over 4 years ago.

I need some recommendations for 3-5* star hotels/resorts within 10-15 mins walking distance from the Hilton, quiet, pool and not over about 3,000 THB/night. Need a double room each, so 6 rooms total.

Thanks JR

Bump!

Is there really no-one who can recommend some accommodation as described above?

JR

Sorry, I think most of the posters live here so they don't use hotels in Hua Hin. The City Beach is just around the corner from the Hilton and there are three smaller hotels (can't remember the names) a couple of blocks further down the Hilton street south across from the Sofitel. You should be able to find something by searching online.

Bump!

Is there really no-one who can recommend some accommodation as described above?

JR

I would recommend the 'Rajana Garden house hotel' which is located in the centre of HH. My wife and I have stayed there when we were viewing our house construction and were very happy with the place. It is a modern construction of stainless steel and glass frontage, very clean and has all the basic requirements - A/c, fridge, small balconies but no pool and no lift. The rooms at the back of the hotel and particularly the ones located at the top of the hotel are probably the best ones to choose. I would rate it as a 3 star. There is a largish rooftop verandah area for hotel residents.

We have stayed at the Thipurai and would not recommend this as we found it to be very noisy and poor value for money in our opinion.

The City Beach is also one that I would stay away from - we have not stayed there but from reports on the TV it does not come out well.

The Rajana has lots of its own parking spaces and a couple of small garden areas behind the hotel where they serve breakfast - The breakfast is simple but OK and cooked to order.

They even provided us with a couple of lockers in which to leave golf clubs and other stuff when we were going back to the UK before our last trip out to do the final inspection of the villa. Staff were always very helpful and linen and towels were changed every day. They do not have a restaurant but some 50 yards away you can buy some great Thai food etc in the open air, just on the corner of the traffic lights. also down the road is a very good fish restaurant called 'Friends' that does one of the best tampura prawns in HH. All in all I would recommend the place and let me say I have NO association with the hotel or restaurants other than having used them in the past. I hope that this info is of some help to you and wish you and your friends a good golfing trip.

PM me if you need any info regarding the local golf courses - maybe I can arrange for at least 3 of your guests to get half price at Lakeview and Springfield as I am a member at both.