• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 0

Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Awarded Nobel Peace Prize for Nuclear Disarmament

2. 0

Controversy Surrounds Guardian Review of Oct 7 Documentary on Hamas Massacre

3. 0

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

4. 0

The Growing Influence of the US Far Right on Ireland's Extremist Movements

5. 0

Boris Johnson Hints at Potential Return to Front-Line Politics

6. 0

Pro-Palestinian ‘mob-rule tactics’ Force Postponement of Braverman’s Cambridge Speech

7. 0

Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Relief Efforts

8. 0

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 0

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

10. 0

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

11. 0

U.S. Seeks to Weaken Hezbollah’s Grip on Lebanon Amid Israeli Offensive

12. 0

YouTuber and BBC Star Yung Filly Arrested in Australia Over Alleged Hotel Rape

13. 4

Thailand Live Saturday 12 October 2024

Just A Hello

eek

This eve at KSK at the pet shop had a conversation with a lovely man.

I have no idea if he uses thaivisa, but if he does, im sending a hello.

I was really touched by his concern for the animals. I always appreciate times here when i bump into someone who seems to have a kind heart. Has happened a few times here and always leaves an impression on me. Even when just a short conversation.

Guys, dont flame me too much please, i know im a soft touch in this way!

Not a soft touch at all, Eek!

I've never had the good fortune to meet you, but I do know that you are one of the few TVers who have actually done something to improve the lot of our feline friends (can't be more specific here :):D ). Just enjoy such chance encounters, and be grateful that not all expats are as depressingly miserable as some of the posters here!

Oh Eek ! There actually are so many of us cool n caring individuals on here. Wish I could say it was me and deserved my own thread, but no, it was some other guy. You just get single or what ?!!

This might also be a fun one to post in the Thailand Craigslist under Missed Connections or Platonic. Up to you.....

"I always appreciate times here when i bump into someone who seems to have a kind heart"

I think that we shold meet up 'eek' I have this picture of you in my mind and it's an impressive one :)

But I know that you're "already taken" :D

But then I also admit that I fall in love with most pretty ladies that I meet. Sorry to say that it is not often when it is reciprocated though.

Edited by john b good

Ahh..nice to read im not the only soft touch! Johnb, please please remove any thoughts of me being "impressive" in any way, you would only be very disappointed! :)

This thread wasnt for any "hook up" reason! He was an "older" gentleman (but didnt want to post that in my OP, because i didnt think it was relevant).

Just appreciate meeting really lovely kind-hearted people. :D

So sweet Eek! I'm in KSK nearly every day and had no idea there's a pet shop in that mall. Where? Of course, Hubby claims I just know the way to the bank, Central and Tops, but that isn't true -- I do see a movie about once a week.

Hi Nancy. Its at the side of KSK where all the motos park (If facing the front of the building, its the right hand side). Not inside the building, but a line of shops outside. There is a couple of pet shops and pet accessory shops. Unfortunately the conditions arent great, but the turnover of pets being bought seems better. Anyway, if you can put aside any negative feelings about that (oh..and hold your nose!), the animals are really cute. Right now they have a beagle puppy with a really smart little scarf around its neck, several kittens, and some funny little fuzzy dogs (dont know what the breed is called) and a couple of pedigree adult cats. They had one HUGE cat a few weeks ago and i couldnt believe it was actually a cat, was so dam_n BIG! Haha! Heres a pic of him:

28102009093.jpg

^ You could make a really nice stew and great pair of gloves out of that cat. Just kidding :) .

On a more sensitive note, its a shame that there are so many stray dogs and cats in Thailand, they're starving to death and mistreated, yet some people still seem fit to import or breed these (pictured above) very inappropriate type of cats and dogs to Thailand. Half the time after the novality wears off the cat ends up in the streets or under a car. These bred up flash wannabe cats don't fair as well as the tabby street breed, which can almost survive in any given situation.

Heres a little guy I found near an derelict wat building not far from my place......hes not looking so flash and would of been desperately looking for a home somewhere and some love, unfortunately nobody wants him and Im left simply calling past his place of abode as often as I can to drop him a feed. I cant take him home because the neighbours Dog will kill him, as it has with several cats in the neighbourhood :D . As you can see from his condition, there was definately no stew or gloves left in him.

Don't buy one of these freakin designer lable show cats, stop the demand for this type of thing and adopt a poor little street kitten, like this guy.

dsc1612a.th.jpg

dsc1601n.th.jpg

^ You could make a really nice stew and great pair of gloves out of that cat. Just kidding :D .

:) Hey..that cat was solid too! Thats not fluffy fur hiding a smaller body underneath, which is what i was expecting. You see the size of that paw? My cats used to wake me up in the morning by jumping on me and pawing and clawing at me (er..and drooling on me)..i cant imagine the damage that monster would do to me! :D

---

As for that kitten you found neverdie. Its so good that you are doing what you can. I hope he gets stronger. Keep a check on his eyes (if you dont already know), which are usually a giveaway healthwise. He looks VERY young. How is he coping with food? If you would like any help on things you notice that concern you etc, please pm me as i have some great books on cats health here that Nienke sorted out for me. Also, of course, the pet section of the forum here is very helpful.

He looks adorable and its so good that he is accepting your help and not running away. Hope he makes it. (If he does get strong, may i suggest trying to get him neutered. Im not sure where you are atm, but maybe there are charity projects around that would also sort that out for you. Best of luck :D ).

:) Hey..that cat was solid too! Thats not fluffy fur hiding a smaller body underneath, which is what i was expecting. You see the size of that paw? My cats used to wake me up in the morning by jumping on me and pawing and clawing at me (er..and drooling on me)..i cant imagine the damage that monster would do to me! :D

[...]

I suspect that the cat you saw was a Maine Coon, which is supposedly the largest of the widely recognised cat breeds. Here's another picture, from the 'net:

post-20094-1258102384_thumb.jpg

What do you think, is this it?

On a side note: When I brought my Ragdoll cats from Scandinavia when I moved here, I was worried about the effect the heat would have on them. It turned out they thrived in it, their coats have never been as long and beautiful as they are now. One tends to forget that cats are originally from the tropics.

/ Priceless

eek's cat looks like it had a pushed in nose, Maine Coon Cats don't have a flat face. (My dad has two Maine Coons, gorgeous cats, but big!)

Wish I could take neverdie's kitten home but my dogs kill cats too :)

OK, cobras too, but the neighbor's cat was bad :D

That must have been it Priceless! A Maine Coon. I have seen pictures of Maine Coon's before, but never with my own eyes. I had no idea they were so big! The head of the kitty was really very big, the picture i took doesnt show it well. Really affectionate too, was lapping up the pets.

I read something about Ragdoll cats being the most relaxed breed of cats. That they are also great for kids because with their gentle temperament they tolerate being man handled very well :)

On that note too, Im not quite in agreement with you neverdie on the pedigree cat front. I love the general moggies (its all ive ever had), but i think its important to keep pedigree breeds of cats going. Without which we wouldnt have such a massive range of wonderful species of cats (and other animals). Without people buying pedigree breeds, it would be hard to keep the cycle. I think the better solution is to find ways to reduce the population of feral cats (by neutering) and educating people about pet responsibility.

Priceless, i owe you a pm. I will send it soon, as well as an explanation for not replying right away.

And..for the record, Priceless is another lovely man that absolutely blew me away with how nice he is. Im SO thankful for people like that. I dont care if that sounds corny!! :D

eek's cat looks like it had a pushed in nose, Maine Coon Cats don't have a flat face. (My dad has two Maine Coons, gorgeous cats, but big!)

Oh i wrote my reply before i saw your post sbk. Hmm yes it did have quite a flat nose. Like a Persians face. Maybe was just an extra big Persian Cat!

Isn't it a pitty eek that you have to resort tothe forum to acnowledge another farang in CM you came across. It would be nice if CM residents could at least acknowledge each other without feeling threatened and resorting to the faraway look. I hope to see you at CMU but probably will not be able to acknowledge you because of this practice. I wasn't the person refered to by the way.

Are you sure that big cat is not a little lion cub.

Oh i wrote my reply before i saw your post sbk. Hmm yes it did have quite a flat nose. Like a Persians face. Maybe was just an extra big Persian Cat!

To me it sounds more like a cross breed between Maine Coon and Persian (and possibly some other breeds...). I very much doubt that you would ever find a Persian of that size. I just found a lovely portrait of a Maine Coon that shows the facial features very well, have a look and say what you think.

post-20094-1258107179_thumb.jpg

/ Priceless

Edited by Priceless

Beautiful cat Priceless. I do think the big kitty had a much flatter, more Persian style face. I imagine then some kind of mixed breed. It reminded me of Garfield actually. :D

Isn't it a pitty eek that you have to resort tothe forum to acnowledge another farang in CM you came across. It would be nice if CM residents could at least acknowledge each other without feeling threatened and resorting to the faraway look. I hope to see you at CMU but probably will not be able to acknowledge you because of this practice. I wasn't the person refered to by the way.

Are you sure that big cat is not a little lion cub.

Hmm..i wouldnt really put this circumstance in quite that way per say harry. I know what you mean though. Its just that it was a short but really touching conversation. No far away look or anything. Its just the question "are you on thaivisa?" didnt seem hmm..well..it just seemed like an odd thing to ask really. I have asked it on some rare occasions, only because it seemed appropriate at the time. Ive had nice conversations with people before of course, but what struck me about this one was how truly caring he seemed about the animals. Afterwards when i got home the conversation and the nice feeling he gave me was still with me, so, I thought id post here. Also, I personally like reading some gooey sweet stuff on the Chiang Mai forum, makes it feel more like a community. :D As for the "faraway" look, i may be guilty of it sometimes, its often because im at times a bit on the quiet side..but usually because my head is in the clouds! As for the cat..lion club? Could be! :D

Edit: oh and you are at/going to be at CMU? Maybe we will bump into each other. I most definitely promise not to give a faraway look. If you see someone you suspect is me giving a faraway look just prod me in the ribs..I lack concentration. :)

Edited by eek

On that note too, Im not quite in agreement with you neverdie on the pedigree cat front. I love the general moggies (its all ive ever had), but i think its important to keep pedigree breeds of cats going. Without which we wouldnt have such a massive range of wonderful species of cats (and other animals). Without people buying pedigree breeds, it would be hard to keep the cycle.

Priceless enjoys keeping pedigree cats, but he is also quite generous with time and money to help "mutts" that are down on their luck. In fact, he has been instrumental in planning, funding and helping out homeless cats in Chiang Mai.

Thank you Priceless (but sorry, no congratulatory action from Eek :) )!

Eek, could the guy you are looking for be named David? He is from England and helps cats in all different places around Chiang Mai with food, medication and visits to the vet - Another good man.

Are you talking about Dave2 UG? If so, no, not him. I met Dave2 a very long time back.

Anyway, im not on the hunt for the poor guy! Was just a friendly hello in case he is a ThaiVisa member/user. If he does read it, hes welcome to pm me.

Anyway, im not on the hunt for the poor guy! blah blah blah in case he is a ThaiVisa member/user. If he does read it, hes welcome to pm me.

Ive been madly searching thru my Kamasutra sex guide trying to work out what position is a PM :D BUT it kind of sounds exciting :)

eek its not like you to advertise so blatently and being autum and all of that youve really taken me by surprise.