Child Care

eutin45

Are you serious?

You are willing to let your 4 year old son stay with complete strangers for 1 to 2 months, Thai, Farang or anybody.

I wouldn`t even let my dog stay with strangers for several weeks, let alone my child.

I find this scenario extremely worrying and if you were living in the UK, I would report you to child protection services.

Edited by sassienie

There are/were a couple of boarding homes near the Grace International school compound. Not sure if a 4 year old would fit into their criteria but that may be a are to start. American Pacific kindergarden school is in the same compound and you may ask there.

Could you hire someone to go with you travelling? Like a nanny?

I would imagine it would be pretty hard for someone to take your 4 year old without them knowing the child previously... I was thinking about it and the thought of how distressed he would be at the beginning put me off, then I remembered I can't anyway cos I'm away every afternoon for a couple of hours.....

Hope you find someone to help.

What a strange post.. If I was in the same situation as the OP then I would know several families who have their kids at my kid's school. At least I would know those people.

Asking on a Thailand expat forum is a bit worrying. It's completely at the same level of sanity as asking around at Mad Dog or Number 1 bar or Lavender Lanna if someone will take care of a 4 year old boy or girl for two months! Are you honestly doing that?

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Winnie; As a regular at Mad dog and I do frequent Number 1 on occasion, your comparison of these two establishments to Lavender has me asking what similarities you see in the 3? Granted the op's request may seem a bit strange but we do not know the circumstance which promoted the original question. Maybe there is time for the child and parent to meet and become acquainted with potential child setter. From what I have heard about Lavender on TV doubt if they solicit riff raff from the other 2 establishments, plus we may invade the Red Lion so our time is limited.

Winnie; As a regular at Mad dog and I do frequent Number 1 on occasion, your comparison of these two establishments to Lavender has me asking what similarities you see in the 3?

Oh, simple: the audience reading his post here is potentially the same people who you'd meet at those places, or worse. (Or better, of course). You can't know who people are on this forum, so it would be a fair assumption to say that the people here are the same as the one's you'd meet at Mad Dog or Spotlight, or Sunday church even; I guess my comparison was confusing but the point I was making was that asking total strangers to take care of a child for any amount of time is probably a bad idea.

Granted the op's request may seem a bit strange but we do not know the circumstance which promoted the original question. Maybe there is time for the child and parent to meet and become acquainted with potential child setter. From what I have heard about Lavender on TV doubt if they solicit riff raff from the other 2 establishments, plus we may invade the Red Lion so our time is limited.

I wouldn't ask around at the Red Lion either, aside perhaps for Mr. Hunt himself, who I know to be okay. :) You're right we don't know the circumstances that prompted the original poster's travels, but we can comment about the circumstance of leaving a child with a stranger no matter how proper they might seem at first glance; that's simply a bad idea.

WTK.